Next ATS truck speculation

Cemail Cebeci

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#2521 Post by Cemail Cebeci » 04 May 2021 16:08

flight50 wrote: 04 May 2021 15:52
Cemail Cebeci wrote: 04 May 2021 14:14 I think you can see new volvo vnl west star 5700xe and international lt in audio files after 1.41 output according to my guess
Well, its not a bad thought. I wouldn't say its impossible. 3 trucks at once is likely but I like your optimism. Those 3 at once would break the forum for sure. Considering all brands are in now, figuring out what is next is not so straight forward anymore. There are assumptions based on what isn't in the game though. I can see something coming for 1.41 but not all 3. Of those 3, one does seem possible. Which one, not sure but I'd favor WS simply because its the one brand that does not have a truck in the game if you excluded the 49x considering the license was in place well before the 49x was even mentioned to SCS. I think SCS had a 5700 or a 4900 in the works before WS even approached SCS. Why? Because in early 2019, Pavel himself stated all brands are accounted for and no brand is left behind. We also know that sound files are recorded for a 2020 VNL and last we know that the LT is basically a Lonestar with a different nose job which could also toss the Pinnacle in the boat because its like the LT. Its pretty much a Mack Anthem will a different nose job as well.

If 2 of these came off the poll this year that would be sweet. If three come off, that would be another great year for ATS trucks. 4 would be epic. With the LT and the Pinnacle only needing new nose jobs, they'd be in the best interest to knock out last. The 49x update proved that the devs can do a ton of work in 5-6 months. 3-4 this year sets up 2022 and 2023 to perhaps get all the in production OTR trucks into ATS. After that, add a few more vocational models and ATS will be set. I know some people said 3-4 trucks was impossible last year. I still remained positive that it could happen and we did indeed get 3 models last year. So before all the impossible comments start spitting out, keep an open mind. We'll just have to wait until Mid December to see just what the devs can pull off.

I usually expect 5 trucks for ATS this year, or 3 trucks if I go according to the survey;

International Lt
Mack Pinacle
new volvo vnl
western star 4900
western star 5700xe
OR THESE WILL BE IF I GO ACCORDING TO THE SURVEY;

International LT
The new Volvo Vnl
Western Star 5700xe
harishw8r

#2522 Post by harishw8r » 04 May 2021 16:24

Five trucks are a lot to expect, given that we are already almost half way through the year. Three is still a possible number, if one truck is released this May and then following the timeline as last year.

I’d be definitely including the new Peterbilt in the speculation. Pressure is on Paccar, thanks to DTNA. I estimate that the Pete would be the third truck from this point. The first two might be the Volvo and the 5700XE in no particular order. As flight pointed out, LT and Pinnacle can be pulled off even at a later moment, thanks to the ease of modeling them. They could come early next year. Kenworth T680 can follow next, and all that’s left is the vocational models.
Sora

#2523 Post by Sora » 04 May 2021 16:30

I highly doubt we get three trucks this year, let alone five.

I'd guess two at most, and that's assuming we get one of the easy ones (like the LT) as the second.
Marcello Julio

#2524 Post by Marcello Julio » 04 May 2021 16:35

Also being realistic, I would expect at least 2 trucks this year for ATS.
flight50

#2525 Post by flight50 » 04 May 2021 16:55

5 is a bit too optimistic. Even I wouldn't go that high. 2-3 would be the sweet spot. 3 is very easy to pull off if the LT or Pinnacle is in the mix as they are half done already. I expect that the WS is in the same boat as the Cascadia. The Cascadia license came early in the year in 2018. We just got it towards the end of 2020. The WS license coming in 2019 could take another Daimler 2 year life cycle which release it for this year. Back when the old VNL was approved, I kept saying that I find it hard belive that Volvo allowed the old VNL but not the new one. There is a good chance the new VNL has been in development since 2018-2019. Otherwise, I don't think SCS would have wasted there time getting sounds for it. I do remember Pavel saying in 2019 when he talked about no brand is left behind, he also stated that there are various working models they are working on. To me, that could indicate many trucks that have very minimal work but at least started. I can see 1-2 in the poll being amongst those trucks that Pavel mentioned 2 years ago.

One thing that is unknown is....how large is the vehicle team. I am sure its double digits with everything they are responsible for. So its easy to underestimate them. Depending on what all we get this year, that would indicate some type of idea on what it took to do 2021, 2022.... I think 2 trucks is highly possible for 2021 with a 10% chance to see a 3rd come Dec. Trucks in ATS will come when they are ready. With all the brands in the game files now, each update or patch update could slide something right on in under our noses..............if our community wasn't so active with looking in the game files every time we get an update, lol.
Sora

#2526 Post by Sora » 04 May 2021 17:05

Also, regarding last year. While we did technically get three trucks (the Anthem, the Cascadia, and the 49X), there are two very important things that overlooks.
  • This time last year, the Anthem had already been released. Nothing has even been teased for 2021 so far, so I don't think we're likely to get anything before June.
  • While the 49X was absolutely a significant undertaking, its release last year stretches the definition of a 'full truck'. The vast majority of the truck's customization options were released earlier this year. Rather than saying we got three trucks last year, I'd sooner argue that we got 2.5 trucks last year and have already gotten half of a truck this year considering the scope of the 49X's customizability.
Based on that information from a while ago, it seems unlikely that they were deep in development for more than one [ATS] truck at that time. I would guess that if we get anything outside of that, it'll either be really late in the year or something with a potentially shorter release cycle (i.e. something that could share a lot of assets with an existing truck). That, or something like the 49X where we technically get the truck this year but it's really more of a next-year thing. In any case I'm betting on 2 (or 2.5 if we count the 49X upgrades); it seems doable based on the information available to us. I could also see SCS trying to fast-track a truck out for the holidays if it turns out that neither Russia nor Texas can make a 2021 release, but that's more speculative than I'm usually willing to get.
Freeze338

#2527 Post by Freeze338 » 04 May 2021 18:21

5 trucks?? I don't think we'll get more than one. If I'm not mistaken ETS2 and ATS vehicle team are same. Last year ETS2 side was pretty silent and ETS2 players got raged because they didn't get a truck while ATS get 4 "despite they have almost 90 percent of the highway trucks that produced after 2010". It's unreasonable for me but for taking their stress out I think SCS will bring one truck for ETS2 and one for ATS. The current capacity of SCS is total 2 trucks for both games per year. Last year was an exception. Because Lonestar got delayed so much and unfinished 49X released in that year. At the end we actually got 2 trucks on last year and they are Cascadia and Anthem. I can easily say we get 49X in this year instead of last year and Lonestar was the truck which came in 2019. It should be released in mid 2019 but delayed a lot.

So unless SCS makes a big step and increase their vehicle team capacity I don't think they pull out 3-4 trucks per year. So at the end my heart wants 5700 so bad but probably VNL would came and New 579 will released sooner than we think.
flight50

#2528 Post by flight50 » 04 May 2021 19:32

I'm all for fast tracking a truck. Many did not like it but it didn't bother me one bit. Once Oscar said be patient that more part will come, I took his word for it. I think if SCS did a true OTR fast track, the fan base would be a little more accepting, instead of a day cab. Do the top model with sleeper. Example, the new T680 or new 579. I don't think the Pinnacle, LT nor new VNL go fast tracked either. I'll include the W990 and the 122SD in the either or category. These have been out for awhile but so that we don't loose them due to a successor, do part now, part later. The wait for more 49x parts really wasn't that long imho. There are plenty of other trucks to choose from until a fully customizable truck can come.

The Anthem came April 28th. I wouldn't say that was at the end of last year. That was Spring. The Cascadia came at the end with the 49x coming Sept 30. I'd like to think SCS is hiring all they can for the vehicle team. There is lots of money left on the table. Trucks are free but there is a solid 12+ dlc's that could come for ATS alone. Add in ETS2 and that's even more money. The vehicle team would be a solid 15-20+ deep if it were me.
John29

#2529 Post by John29 » 05 May 2021 11:09

I think 3 trucks is totally possible this year.

1 should come (Volvo vnl or western star 5700xe), and if Mack pinnacle and international lt is half done like flight 50 tells... it’s not impossible at all to see 3 trucks this year.

And we don’t really know if the Renault for ets 2 has an impact for the release of trucks in ats.

And we don’t know how many people has the vehicle team.
flight50

#2530 Post by flight50 » 05 May 2021 13:31

Yep. Depending on the trucks they could do, that is why I say 3. If SCS got 2 for one deals last year or in 2018-2019, that sets everything up. Its just a matter of when it releases.

Return to “General discussion about the game”