Next ATS truck speculation

parasaurolophus67

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#2531 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 05 May 2021 13:32

I don't really see 3 because they also have to work on trucks on ets2 too :/ Maybe 2 trucks for ats while ets2 could get 1 or 2 for them. idk.
Cemail Cebeci

#2532 Post by Cemail Cebeci » 05 May 2021 13:42

How many people are currently making total vehicles on ets2 and ats
parasaurolophus67

#2533 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 05 May 2021 13:42

well since the vehicle team works on both games, Maybe 3 or 4. idk
NoDe31

#2534 Post by NoDe31 » 05 May 2021 13:55

One truck this year, most likely... Two trucks, maybe... Three or more, wont happen...
flight50

#2535 Post by flight50 » 05 May 2021 14:00

Lol 3 or 4, oh my. You'd be totally incorrect. If there are 30 mappers for each game, I don't think they'd have such a small vehicle team.......if it takes 3 people per truck and if it already takes those 3 (1) full year, that puts the vehicle team well over 3-4 people. We got (3) trucks last year, that alone is more than 3-4 people. When I was at GATS with SCS in 2019, they told me a number and I am not sure if I am suppose to repeat it, but its welll north of 12. With the pandemic, I am not sure if there is more or less but SCS has been hiring like crazy. Pavel mentioned they hired like 50 since 2019. So yes, that is why I say 3 is possible because I know a round about number of the team in which I won't say the exact number SCS told me because that number could have changed over the course of time.

I love all the negatives here, lol. When they kicked out 3 trucks last year, I heard crickets. Everyone that told me I was crazy for guessing 3-4 trucks said nothing last year. Doubting the team will always leave you baffled.
Last edited by flight50 on 05 May 2021 14:33, edited 1 time in total.
parasaurolophus67

#2536 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 05 May 2021 14:02

Oh. I thought it was that because not everyone can work on a single truck :I
flight50

#2537 Post by flight50 » 05 May 2021 14:31

There are 3 people working a truck at a time to speed up the process from 2 man years to 1 man year. 1 on the exterior, 1 on the interior and 1 doing all the paint skins.
NoDe31

#2538 Post by NoDe31 » 05 May 2021 15:55

flight50 wrote: 05 May 2021 14:00 Lol 3 or 4, oh my. You'd be totally incorrect. If there are 30 mappers for each game, I don't think they'd have such a small vehicle team.......if it takes 3 people per truck and if it already takes those 3 (1) full year, that puts the vehicle team well over 3-4 people. We got (3) trucks last year, that alone is more than 3-4 people. When I was at GATS with SCS in 2019, they told me a number and I am not sure if I am suppose to repeat it, but its welll north of 12. With the pandemic, I am not sure if there is more or less but SCS has been hiring like crazy. Pavel mentioned they hired like 50 since 2019. So yes, that is why I say 3 is possible because I know a round about number of the team in which I won't say the exact number SCS told me because that number could have changed over the course of time.

I love all the negatives here, lol. When they kicked out 3 trucks last year, I heard crickets. Everyone that told me I was crazy for guessing 3-4 trucks said nothing last year. Doubting the team will always leave you baffled.
It wont happened because (unlike last year) ETS 2 is also active this year with expected truck, and its not just about how many people works on truck development, its how much money they need to pour in and how fast negotiations goes with manufacturer...
Im not negative, Im realistic, and if we got 3 in ATS that will be just nice +...
flight50

#2539 Post by flight50 » 05 May 2021 16:22

Like I stated, don't underestimate them. ETS2 already got its truck for 2021. Nobody knows how many more trucks for either game will pump out for 2021. Your not being realistic though, you're not being open minded either. I'm not saying we WILL get 3, I am saying we COULD get 3. There's a huge difference in the two. 90% of on the road trucks are said to already be in ETS2. We can easily say ATS is around the 50% mark for on the road, still in production trucks in the game. People keep looking at how old a truck is in ETS2 and exclude the total truck roster. New or old...its counts as a truck like it or not. Before ATS started finally getting trucks, ETS2 only fans wasn't saying anything. No cares in the world. Now that ATS is getting trucks and new CAD model trucks at that, people whine. That is no fault of ETS2 that its an older game, just like its no fault of ATS for being newer and SCS having better modeling techniques. It is what it is.

SCS is not going to go back and rebuild every truck in either game to current standards. But the fact remains that ATS's truck roster is still smaller. If SCS is trying to play catch up and ETS2 fans are whining that there are no new trucks, what is SCS to do if 90% of the trucks are already in the game and if they can't get negotiations with manufacturers. 100%, may never be possible for either game but 90% is a lot closer than 50%. A newer truck just came with better quality and what do some people do.......complain. Its the same as such in such.....No matter what they do, one fan base will always be pissed because the other game didn't get it. Myself included. I bring up issues all the time for what ATS does no have. But I'm always open minded. If people actually sat down to seriously compare both games, ATS is the wicked step child no matter what. ETS2 fans complain about no new trucks but does ATS have a tire dlc, any tuning packs, suspension upgrade to trucks, better cargo, tons of company options, licensed trailers, a beacon/light kit dlc...ATS just did get 8x4/4x2 along with cabin accessories. For the longest they weren't in place. People are too busy thinking what new trucks they don't have, when the other game doesn't even have half the stuff ETS2 has. If you own both games, problem solved. When you only play one game over the other, the complaining is even more apparent.
NoDe31

#2540 Post by NoDe31 » 05 May 2021 16:43

First thigs first; ETS2 did not get "new" truck, it get update on existing truck from 2019.
Second; Why do you even argue with me? I wrote my opinion, and its just that, my opinion... You can have your opinion and reasons why you dont agree, that is completely fine, but arguing with something that non of us (except SCS) knows, its just waste of time (to nicely put it)...

Return to “General discussion about the game”