Western Star 4900
11%
Western Star 5700
21%

Total votes: 560

flight50

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#1481 Post by flight50 » 06 Jul 2020 15:33

In real life there are facilities in which WS/Freightliner are on the same lot together just as Volvo/Mack are on the same lot together. This is fine in my opinion. ATS dealerships need to be revamped just like the ETS2 ones. Each manufacturer in ETS2 has a unique look and I am not sure why this didn't happen for both games a long time ago. In ATS, re-branding the exact same prefab with zero changes, looks like there are no efforts to differentiate anything. Any new asset coming to the game should be just that........new. Using old prefabs before the first paid dlc, is a simple copy paste. It would be nice for these new trucks coming into the game to be introduced into a new facility built from scratch.

There are fewer Mack and WS because in real life, they make up a very small percentage of truck sales in the US. This is an old chart from 2018. Not current but more than likely, still fairly valid as it does give you some sort of idea on sales. WS isn't on that list but its at the bottom of the pack.

Here is a pie chart that shows WS grouped with Freighliner though https://www.ttnews.com/articles/march-c ... ent-levels

harishw8r

#1482 Post by harishw8r » 06 Jul 2020 15:44

Thanks for the info! :D
:idea: Paint everything black!
My screenshots thread: ETS2 | ATS

flight50

#1483 Post by flight50 » 06 Jul 2020 16:51

Np. I completely agree with the current polls after the 5700. Those are common trucks and are needed variety on the roads. I'd like to think at least (1) of those behind the WS's comes for 2021, LT or VNL, don't care. Once majority if not all on this list comes, I am sure it will be a great sigh of relief for the vehicle team. When ATS gets to at least 2 trucks per manufacturer, I'd be content with getting only (1) ATS truck a year or every other year in favor of trailer and cargo packs or maybe even by then go back and do 4x2 and 8x4 models.

TruckerKid

#1484 Post by TruckerKid » 06 Jul 2020 20:33

@flight50 Aren't the dealerships different already in ATS? Kenworth and Peterbilt use different prefabs. Volvo and Mack use the same one, but like you said, that would be normal. International had a completely new prefab made for it. Western Star is getting a completely new prefab as well...

supersobes
Global moderator

#1485 Post by supersobes » 06 Jul 2020 21:08

In ETS2, there are two variants of the truck dealers for each brand: a small truck dealer that only has the option to purchase a truck and a large full service truck dealer with a sleeping place and a service center. Perhaps that could also be implemented into ATS for variety.

flight50

#1486 Post by flight50 » 06 Jul 2020 21:47

@TruckerKid yes they are different except for Mack/Volvo in ATS but I am referring to revamped as far as nicer dealerships. Kenworth and Peterbilt are okay for the most part but the parking lot design could get revamped at least. Kenworth and Peterbilt basically have chicanes and if you have a long trailer attached, its a pita sometimes. They are not good layouts imo when you just want to drop in for quick service. International is good. Its a new prefab and you can tell. Volvo/Mack, they look very bland and just too basic. It could use a complete revamp imo. If Both dealership are going to be separate, they need to have separate dealerships as well. There was no effort to make Mack its own dealership. Otherwise, combine Volvo and Mack to one lot. But either way, the current Volvo/Mack dealership is the weakest one in ATS.

Freightliner will be brand new. We have seen WS, its new and looks good. Having two variants would be sweet though. I didn't realize ETS2 had variants. ATS will get much larger and one prefab for the entire game will get dull very fast. While ATS is small, a lot of things can happen now before they become an issue with size available. But yeah....all three of the base map dealerships can get a make over and with Volvo/Mack pretty much needs a overhaul. Start with getting rid of the center divided driveway. Driving thru here feeling like you are driving thru a fuel bay. Remove the gates inside the prefab and open up the parking lot. You barely move on the prefab if you bring in RMD, HH or triples. More glass on the building. All the other dealership have lots of glass. Volvo/Mack in most a brick building. Volvo/Mack looks more like a warehouse with a check in gate.

Actually, I will mark this up and put this in the wishlist threads since I am talking about it.

Viper28

#1487 Post by Viper28 » 31 Jul 2020 18:19

WS 5700 looks like a piece of garbage...should've known it'd be leading the polls.

flight50

#1488 Post by flight50 » 01 Aug 2020 03:35

^Man, why such hate. Good thing the devs don't listen such comments to bring trucks to their games. Its not about what a truck looks like. Its about the trucks that are current day on the road. Like it or not, the latest and greatest trucks will make it in the game. So if the WS 5700 is garbage, I'd like to see what your idea of Gold is.

ETS-20B

#1489 Post by ETS-20B » 03 Aug 2020 17:06

Viper28, I completely agree, I wanted to pull out as I looked at it. And the headlights !!! This is squalor.

jdwarfer

#1490 Post by jdwarfer » 03 Aug 2020 17:25

He didn't only say that he hates the truck but he also blamed the community taste...
Such comment should be ignored.
Last edited by jdwarfer on 04 Aug 2020 08:15, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”