International Trucks Discussion Thread

SirVirgoTheMess

Re: International Trucks Discussion Thread

#1751 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 07 Sep 2021 11:15

Looks like you could be right then @pigbrother.Sorry then :)
Anyway the grey part of the paintjob look different ingame,compared to the real truck,for some reason.
pigbrother

#1752 Post by pigbrother » 07 Sep 2021 11:29

Seems different, hard to tell without knowing the real colour (Pantone code or similar), artificial light in that video can screw up colour due to low CRI and I don't know how accurate is the light in game.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
flight50

#1753 Post by flight50 » 07 Sep 2021 12:01

pigbrother wrote: 07 Sep 2021 08:24 There are no good engine sounds in both games, some of them are barely bearable, but that’s it. But it sounds good with kriechbaum X15 and D26 from ETS2. :)
Yessss. This is soooo true. There is no bad truck in the game to me if you have a good sound to it. Graphics or inaccuracies don't mean everything to me. I don't care much for the Volvo but with Kriech's sound mod, its possible. Although I don't own a VNL, I could if I wanted. I'll perhaps buy the new VNL once it releases.

The LT is a very nice truck. IRL, I love the decked out aero kits ones. Its a really nice truck. One day I might take her for a spin but for now, its an in traffic love that I need from the LT.
Reis_6

#1754 Post by Reis_6 » 07 Sep 2021 12:54

I see you guys just like a friend of mine who can barely play without mods. :lol: In my opinion the sounds of Cascadia, LoneStar, Anthem, W900, 389, are very faithful to real life (comparing with RL videos). With the sound regulator it becomes very usable. I also like the Kriech sounds but I prefer to be 'vanilla' because of TruckersMP/Convoy.
SirVirgoTheMess

#1755 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 07 Sep 2021 12:58

I would like to disagree about the Anthem sound.I've heard them IRL and the ingame truck is far from sounding like the real truck.
In my opinion,relying on a video for the sounds isn't the best thing.

But hey,can't tell you what to do.
Reis_6

#1756 Post by Reis_6 » 07 Sep 2021 13:10

*are very faithful to real life (comparing with RL videos)*

Maybe this was not clear to you. Maybe the video I saw is not the same as the one you saw, or if you have the privilege of hearing it in real life you may not have found it similar. But anyway, I respect your opinion and I spoke about my opinion.
SirVirgoTheMess

#1757 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 07 Sep 2021 13:22

@Reis_6 i know you were speaking about your opinion.Sorry if i was rude :(
Anyway,enough off-topic for me.
55sixxx

#1758 Post by 55sixxx » 07 Sep 2021 13:54

Honestly, after 1.37, SCS had a huge leap in sound quality... Some sounds in-game are still not that good but are bearable if you give a little mixing through the sound options. And I've grown to like the sound of the LoneStar.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
pigbrother wrote: 07 Sep 2021 10:59 No, the real truck was also painted, is not a two piece sideskirt.

https://youtu.be/JWXdtIm5_CM

The camera moves very close to those areas and you can clearly see there are no gaps, joints or glued parts, it’s just a two color paint, and not even a very good one.
I̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶s̶e̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶r̶a̶y̶ ̶p̶o̶r̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶i̶d̶e̶s̶k̶i̶r̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶p̶o̶r̶t̶i̶o̶n̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶r̶a̶y̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶t̶t̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶o̶r̶e̶d̶.̶ ̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶i̶'̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶t̶a̶k̶e̶n̶,̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶i̶d̶e̶s̶k̶i̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶s̶t̶i̶c̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶r̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶u̶n̶p̶a̶i̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶p̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶.̶ ̶S̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶r̶a̶y̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶-̶t̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶e̶f̶f̶e̶c̶t̶.̶

Never mind, the gray part of the sideskirt is the same paint finish as the back of the cab (Which is made of metal, so it disproves my theory).
supersobes
Global moderator

#1759 Post by supersobes » 23 Sep 2021 16:53

So today's update added a new headlight option to the LT. These new headlights have a sort of smoked finish to the lenses, giving a nice dark look. However, I'm disappointed that there are still only LED headlight options for the LT in ATS! IRL, most LTs on the road have halogen headlights, so I hope SCS adds that in the future.

Though I am very pleased to see a number of bug fixes with the truck, such as the gauge needles! :D

[ external image ]
iceCat3003

#1760 Post by iceCat3003 » 23 Sep 2021 16:59

They also added mirror turn signals and fixed the hood OwO

Return to “General discussion about the game”