ATS teasers - entry at your own risk (danger of insomnia, anxiety etc.)

flight50

Re: ATS teasers - entry at your own risk (danger of insomnia, anxiety etc.)

#8121 Post by flight50 » 02 Mar 2020 07:38

Ohhh no, I know how large Russia is. That's why I said 4-5 years instead of 3 years. To complete Russia, the Euro part, will take 2 dlc's I am sure.

That pic of the new Cascadia has been there since Sept/Oct of 2018. Its definitely not new. I wish SCS gave us an update on it. Just like they did with the Lonestar on the 2019 ATS bday blog. It's actually the image on page one. Carthoo should actually change it to the fully rendered.

flight50

#8122 Post by flight50 » 02 Mar 2020 07:54

Heck no. Texas, times like 3 to perhaps equal Euro Russia, lol.
Last edited by flight50 on 02 Mar 2020 08:00, edited 1 time in total.

flight50

#8123 Post by flight50 » 02 Mar 2020 08:09

Oh, okay, lol. I've never heard that one actually. Now Texas is closer to the size of France. France is perhaps 75% the size of Texas. Same with Iberia. It's about 75% of Texas too. ETS2 has had some fairly large dlc's but when Texas comes, it will be SCS's largest dlc for a single state/country unless Ukraine is done as a whole. Russia must come in parts. Pavel mentioned once before that they will not split up Texas so it will be a monster to map. This is why it can't be rushed.

When Texas is announced though, I think a lot of stuff will surface that even I don't know about Texas. When they start blogging Texas, finding things on the map will take some skill. Especially in the small towns. Texas should have the most cities per dlc obviously. Many more than California which has the most currently. I'd expect 25-35 market cities/town with Texas with tons of scenic ones.

Hiro

#8124 Post by Hiro » 02 Mar 2020 22:18

flight50 wrote:
02 Mar 2020 08:09
ETS2 has had some fairly large dlc's but when Texas comes, it will be SCS's largest dlc for a single state/country unless Ukraine is done as a whole. Russia must come in parts. Pavel mentioned once before that they will not split up Texas so it will be a monster to map. This is why it can't be rushed.
Which is probably the biggest stumbling block to AuTS ever being made (in complete form). 4 of our 6 states and 1 of our 2 mainland territories are bigger than Texas (granted they are chock-a-block full of nothing), they'd have to be released piecemeal or geographically rather than cadastrally (like how France wasn't complete until Vive la France)

Bulldog385

#8125 Post by Bulldog385 » 02 Mar 2020 22:18

@Sanguinem Luna: FIA European Truck Racing Championship (ETRC) has Freightliner trucks in their game. I only know that because I have it on Xbox One and rarely play it.

flight50

#8126 Post by flight50 » 03 Mar 2020 03:17

@Hiro. yeah, AuTS would be like Canada I suppose. Canadian provinces are huge. The populated areas are near the US border though. Some day SCS will get to Canada hopefully. Till then, we shall see what Promods gives us as a taste. I am sure Promods will be denser though but they should be able to make updates when SCS gives us new assets.

Hiro

#8127 Post by Hiro » 03 Mar 2020 04:36

Canada would be easier because they could get away with completely skipping Nunavut/Northwest Territories etc because there is very further north than Edmonton (although people would lament the lack of an Ice Road Truckers DLC). The Australian east coast would be much like the southern provinces but then with a city the size of Calgary right up at the top of the Yukon representing Perth) and one the size of Halifax on Baffin Island (representing Darwin) with main highways and trucking routes criss-crossing between.

flight50

#8128 Post by flight50 » 03 Mar 2020 05:33

I hope they don't skip anything in Canada, lol. NWT could come with both Alberta and BC though. NWT-7 can come with BC and then NWT-1 can come with Alberta. But I agree on Nunavut unless seasons is here by then and Ice Road Trucking is what we can have. Makes for easy mapping because the devs can use their artistic ability instead of following things to a tee. Ice roads would be like forest road. The map designer has free range to put these together.

Unknown#

#8129 Post by Unknown# » 03 Mar 2020 06:38

Hiro wrote:
03 Mar 2020 04:36
Canada would be easier because they could get away with completely skipping Nunavut/Northwest Territories etc because there is very further north than Edmonton
It's BS to say it's because it's way up north. There's more than one reason, and a logical one at that.

Nunavut has no paved roads at all going into it, so it's a no-go. With the Northwest Territories, there IS a paved road that goes into that territory's largest city: Yellowknife (Same can be said for Yukon (Territory) with Whitehorse).

Granted, there may not be a guarantee for either one (especially not Nunavut) to appear in the game, when or if Canada does come, but it shouldn't be out of the question entirely.

bryntrollian

#8130 Post by bryntrollian » 03 Mar 2020 17:12

What kind of timeline would you even expect to see Canada in this game? A completed continental USA seems far fetched enough as is.
Last edited by bryntrollian on 03 Mar 2020 17:43, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”