ATS teasers - entry at your own risk (danger of insomnia, anxiety etc.)

SmokeyWolf

Re: ATS teasers - entry at your own risk (danger of insomnia, anxiety etc.)

#8391 Post by SmokeyWolf » 29 Mar 2020 15:37

@Oscar either way you and SCS accomplished a great feat! This virus through a wrench in everyone's plan for sure but hopfully we can all move forward. Least we have Idaho and Colorado to look forward to.
Zippy405

#8392 Post by Zippy405 » 29 Mar 2020 15:47

@flight50 I just remember what happened with some of the other trucks and was trying to make sure it wasn't info that could result in delays or cancellations that would harm the game. Last thing anyone needs is that lol. I didn't see the jokes you're referring to I guess.
What made me ask the question is how detailed of conversation it is copy pasted with alot of info.

Double Post Merged

@Oscar That's great news. Sorry if I overstepped, I just remember what has happened with other licenses early in ATS that had issues because of too much info released early and the problems it caused.

Like I said, you deal with it so I figured you knew, I was just trying to lookout so I asked. Great news, appreciate it the update, and congrats on getting those licenses finally.
Last edited by supersobes on 29 Mar 2020 16:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merged [Forum rule 2.5]
joschac2

#8393 Post by joschac2 » 29 Mar 2020 16:07

imagine ATS with beamng drive softbody physics. Truck manfulers will hate Us, but oh well

Now, CB road with beamng drive physics , that's a horrifying thought
Zippy405

#8394 Post by Zippy405 » 29 Mar 2020 16:14

@flight50 @Oscar I'm sorry, I just realized that flight was the one who wrote that and just as an example 🤦‍♂️😂
flight50

#8395 Post by flight50 » 29 Mar 2020 17:43

No worries my friend. Just trying to make humor of the situation. But I definitely agree that the hopes is to not endanger any relationship with manufacturers.
Knightrider

#8396 Post by Knightrider » 29 Mar 2020 18:02

I wasn't aware that Daimler N/A used to own Sterling trucks until it closed its doors.

Any sterling fans out there?

[ external image ]
Best Regards.

Hosting a dedicated server for ETS 2/ATS, with optional mods support.
Marcello Julio

#8397 Post by Marcello Julio » 29 Mar 2020 18:23

I don't know when the conversations with Mack started, but I believe that the final conversations must have taken place before Coronavirus became this whole situation that we are currently experiencing. Friday teaser was a total surprise, because I was already believing that we wouldn't have any trucks for ATS, at least this first semester, for all the Coronavirus issues.
lamar326g

#8398 Post by lamar326g » 29 Mar 2020 18:27

It’s so great having @Oscar chime in on this thread!

Oscar, are you ever given an opportunity to drive any semis when you are visiting with manufacturers?

Also, are you able to answer whether or not we can expect any Heavy Duty variants of semi trucks in the near future? I always enjoy how attractive the Volvo VNX and 389, W900, W990, Western Star 4900 and 122SD are (just to name a few). Their heavy duty variants would be perfect for the logging, construction and heavy equipment jobs. ATS is almost begging for this to be implemented into the game as there’s already such a strong foundation for it.

@Marcello Julio Yeah, aside from the Anthem magically appearing in the game files for a brief time, I too was quite surprised about the teaser. There was literally no teaser beforehand to leave us thinking that the Anthem was next in line. Such a pleasant surprise!

@Knightrider Sterling’s are such fascinating trucks! The one above is nice looking. My Dad has a construction company and many years ago, his first fleet dump truck was a dark metallic purple Sterling. I remember as a kid enjoying the more “modern” amenities than what other trucks of that vintage offered. If I remember correct, it was also a smoother ride than other truck brands! Shortly after, his second fleet truck was a 1999 Mack RD (forget the number variant). Such a handsome vehicle!
flight50

#8399 Post by flight50 » 29 Mar 2020 18:40

I been begging for 8x4 for the past 2 years. 4x2's as well. All three axle configurations exist here in the US just like in Europe. The T800, T880, 122SD primarily could easily be in ATS. I have seen many W900s, 389s one VNL so far. I hear they are special order but either way, they too exist. Especially for logging. Paccar owns the logging world here. I am sure Western Star has a heavy duty as well. The 2 to start in ATS is perhaps the T880 and the 122SD. If we are lucky, someday once the vehicle team has time and if the license is there, we can get other axle configurations. It would be nice if there is at least half a dozen trucks for ATS lined up for the next several years.
Robinicus

#8400 Post by Robinicus » 29 Mar 2020 18:44

I want 8x6, not 8x4, but agree it should be a chassis option seeing as it is a factory order option for most of the base trucks in the game.

Return to “General discussion about the game”