ATS teasers - entry at your own risk (danger of insomnia, anxiety etc.)

TINO

Re: ATS teasers - entry at your own risk (danger of insomnia, anxiety etc.)

#8531 Post by TINO » 03 Apr 2020 07:14

Smarty wrote: 02 Apr 2020 21:13 I'm pretty sure it's Swedish Chef paintjobs. Prove me wrong.
I hope they add a meatball hanging toy too.
flight50

#8532 Post by flight50 » 03 Apr 2020 13:19

@Mic_2. Have you even looked at page one on this thread? Your statement doesn't make sense considering that is what this thread was create for by SCS themselves. A almost ready to release anything does not appear in this thread. On page one is a w.i.p. for anything. Truck or map....so far at least. You may want to look at page one of this thread since you are posting in it.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#8533 Post by Mohegan13 » 03 Apr 2020 13:25

I wouldn't expect any either TBH.

I'd like to be wrong, but since Carthoo (not SCS) was the only one to tease things here, it doesn't look promising.

And I will remind you all again, the ONLY reason the Utah image was never moved is because I didn't know for sure.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Mic_2

#8534 Post by Mic_2 » 03 Apr 2020 15:01

flight50 wrote: 03 Apr 2020 13:19 @Mic_2. Have you even looked at page one on this thread? Your statement doesn't make sense considering that is what this thread was create for by SCS themselves. A almost ready to release anything does not appear in this thread. On page one is a w.i.p. for anything. Truck or map....so far at least. You may want to look at page one of this thread since you are posting in it.
I have looked at the first post several times, and it is the main reason why I suggested what I did. I can't remember when the Utah teaser was added, so I might be wrong about the maps, but the LoneStar was teased quite some time ago (together with the cascadia?), and apart from that the only teasers where the Volvo, which took another map dlc (oregon or washington, dont know for sure). The Mack was teased several times but not in this thread. There are several other trucks w.i.p. but we haven't seen any teasers of them. Seeing the time between teasing the cascadia and its possible release, other trucks could / should have been teased by now as well, which hasn't happened. I think the reason for this is that the companies dont want it, possibly they don't want them to be shown as wip, or they don't want the deal to be made public so far in advance. This means I don't expect any more truck teasers.

To go to the map teasers, I might be wrong because I don't know the time between the previous teasers and the release, but you could think that, with them talking about Idaho and Colorado in the blog posts, they are either too late with a tease here, or they only want to tease small things, of which you might already expect one for Idaho.

With the lack of potential for teasers, as I suggest above, I thought of other things to tease, to give both the first post and the entire thread some more, and also more varying things to discuss. I think trailers, new cargoes and map reworks / new roads could vary well be teased. Right now we often only see them in the blog when they are anounced, or sometimes with a trailer we see them teased in a blog picture. I think that not teasing them here, and in the case of trailers never seeing w.i.p. of them, is a missed opportunity, since they clearly did similar teasers before.

I hope this explains my meaning a bit more, if I wasn't clear enough. Also as I said I might be wrong on some things as I mainly follow the discussions rather than actually participating in them, which means I might miss a bit of information.
Robinicus

#8535 Post by Robinicus » 03 Apr 2020 15:14

Mohegan13 wrote: 03 Apr 2020 13:25
I'd like to be wrong, but since Carthoo (not SCS) was the only one to tease things here, it doesn't look promising.
Can you expand on what you meant by this? Is Carthoo no longer with SCS or did I misunderstand?
flight50

#8536 Post by flight50 » 03 Apr 2020 17:35

@Mic_2. That's a bit clear and the fact that manufacturers don't want it could be a valid point. Unfortunately we will never know that unless Carthoo or someone from SCS gives us that LB. But to tease, SCS already has to have that license. So it could be that SCS themselves haven't teased because they might not want to jeopardize negotiations before (x) truck is released. Taking the risk might not be what SCS is after so yeah, I can agree that not getting more teasers is possible. Honestly, now that you mention that, a couple of months ago, I thought the same thing but I didn't want to post it and jinx anything.

So I can understand that until all 7 brands are in, SCS won't tease. But we realllllly need that LB to cut out speculations.

@Robinicus. I am beginning to think the same. It has been since March 2nd since Carthoo logged on here. Either he is seriously ill or no longer there.
Winchester1979

#8537 Post by Winchester1979 » 03 Apr 2020 18:04

It was mentioned previously in thread that Carthoo was involved in the blogpost on March 10th, and that he'd been ill but was still lurking on the trucksim discord. That was on the 27th. He also still has his "SCS Software" user group tag on these forums, so he's presumably still employed. I would suggest not being too alarmist, it might just be that he forgot his forum password since he never uses the forum from home or something, and now can't retrieve it since he has to do it from his work computer which is locked up at the office. He wouldn't be the first person in that kind of situation.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#8538 Post by Mohegan13 » 03 Apr 2020 18:11

I wasn't suggesting anything other than he hasn't been around for more than a month. :P
[ external image ]
Bedavd

#8539 Post by Bedavd » 03 Apr 2020 18:21

User stats say he was active yesterday the beginning of March. My sense of time seems to have been lost around the same time as my ability to leave my house. Maybe SCS just doesn't have anything they wanna tease to us yet. We tend to come together and figure things out pretty quickly. Remember the Washington teaser of the National Park that someone located exactly on google maps in about 2 hours. Maybe they want to do some big reveals themselves.

Or, they have nothing to tease. We've known about Idaho since December, and Colorado and the Anthem haven't exactly been hidden, Colorado, since it's assets have started showing up many updates ago, and the Anthem since the Mack dealerships were added into the game with the International dealers.

Or, the poor guy just needs a break from the constant demand for teasers and the gallons of coffee-based bribes he's received. :lol:
Last edited by Bedavd on 03 Apr 2020 18:25, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#8540 Post by Mohegan13 » 03 Apr 2020 18:23

It was March 2nd yesterday? :scream:
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”