ATS teasers - entry at your own risk (danger of insomnia, anxiety etc.)

Robinicus

Re: ATS teasers - entry at your own risk (danger of insomnia, anxiety etc.)

#8101 Post by Robinicus » 01 Mar 2020 03:38

@Larry71490 there are warning lights at the end of divided lanes and areas where you would normally see them IRL
Last edited by Robinicus on 01 Mar 2020 03:48, edited 1 time in total.
SmokeyWolf

#8102 Post by SmokeyWolf » 01 Mar 2020 03:44

Ah ok. Will check it out when I get home.
Nic Kowalski

#8103 Post by Nic Kowalski » 01 Mar 2020 06:05

Hi all,
back to the game (ATS) after a while, bought Utah and happy for the 1.37 changes (not in BETA, I'll wait for release). I own both ATS and ETS2 but played almost exclusively the American one. As I stated before, I just can't even compare the excitement that an American truck gives me to an European one! Maybe it's because as an Italian, I can see Iveco, Scania or Volvo trucks all day while driving, maybe because of all the truck movies I saw when I was a kid, but US trucks are just awesome to my eyes, and driving them in game is so fun, compared to the European ones, that are more practical, small and less exciting. Also, the States are more fun to drive in, more colourful and exotic.

That's just my opinion obviously. I hope ATS will continue to grow because I can see a lot of potential and am always amazed by the difference in player base between it and ETS2.

I just wish I have more playtime, though, but I always have ATS on my HD!
Happy driving all!
Nic Kowalski - World of Trucks profile
Wing Kong Trading - Ontario, OR
FairladyZ

#8104 Post by FairladyZ » 01 Mar 2020 13:09

Sanguinem Luna wrote: 01 Mar 2020 00:26 There have been many racing games that have officially branded European trucks in them. American manufacturers though? I don't know about you, but I literally cannot think of a single game that has an officially branded American truck in it, outside of ATS. So naturally, the American manufacturers are a fair bit hesitant about licensing out their truck model likenesses to an Indie/AA game dev.
Only game that comes to my mind with licensed US manufacturers is Mudrunner and the upcoming Snowrunner (same dev).
Still remains a valid point tho.
RoadKiller116

#8105 Post by RoadKiller116 » 01 Mar 2020 19:42

HaQ Yeah :)
My Workshop

Enjoy My Paintjobs & My Mods!
angrybirdseller

#8106 Post by angrybirdseller » 01 Mar 2020 20:12

Not worried with ATS even if the player base will be 1/3 of its size with ETS2 as scs can leverage WOT trucks in ways to entice people to buy ATS content with WOT events. The cargo aspect and logistics needs work for both games.

ETS2 I see around three years worth of map DLC after Liberia DLC to expand the ETS2 map and after that decision has to made to enrich existing game world or spin off ETS2 map or accelerate ATS production pipeline by reassigning some to work on ATS.
Shiva

#8107 Post by Shiva » 01 Mar 2020 20:33

@angrybirdseller what would those 3 map DLC's after Iberia be?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
angrybirdseller

#8108 Post by angrybirdseller » 01 Mar 2020 21:26

1 Ireland and British Isle refresh and expansion, 2 Rest of Balkans. 3. Russia and Ukriane. I figure Iceland could be DLC but expansion of existing Scandivnia complete northern Norway and Sweden. I do not see ETS2 going to Turkey or Middle East.
Rebuild going East and base map far more likely than Syria DLC.
flight50

#8109 Post by flight50 » 01 Mar 2020 22:06

I agree with angrybirdsellar but only in the what's left in the pipeline. I'd give it 4-5 just for extra fluff. I think it would be better to do AuTS (Australia) than do going into Asia. Now North Africa is possible as well. That's part of the fluff part.

Reassigning to ATS is possible. If that's the case, I'd go for Mexico/Canada while the existing US teams push thru the US since they are use to it by that time. Either way, new research due to different culture has to be done. So if someone has to do it, let the new team from ETS2 do it after learning those countries's ways of trucking and traffic regulations. But, this is only if SCS reassigns ETS2 mappers to ATS. No telling what they do or even if ATS is still strong by then. I sure hope so.

Well I think we get an Idaho blog this week. I am hoping for landscapes. The blogs are not frequent enough for Idaho imo to imply Idaho for 1.37 by any means. Idaho should be a 1.38 release. I am ready for its release in many ways. 1) new map 2) more coverage in ATS 3) possible new industries 4) possible new cargo 5) possible dlc related new trailer and last 6) once released, that second state will be revealed. I think that is when we see Carthoo's last teaser shift. His pick can really only mean one thing right now.......Colorado is definitely next. With all that is in the game files for the w.i.p. dlc's Colorado is the one that should be our Winter map dlc for sure.
Unknown#

#8110 Post by Unknown# » 02 Mar 2020 06:16

angrybirdseller wrote: 01 Mar 2020 20:12 after Liberia DLC
Last time I checked, Liberia is in Africa.

Did something happen to that country for them to be in Europe? I need to know.

Return to “General discussion about the game”