ATS teasers - entry at your own risk (danger of insomnia, anxiety etc.)

flight50

Re: ATS teasers - entry at your own risk (danger of insomnia, anxiety etc.)

#8491 Post by flight50 » 15 Mar 2020 17:00

ATS could be more expensive down the stretch but whether we get 2 or 3 maps, they are spaced out over a year. So $36 USD/EU over 12 months is still cheap to me. One thing people don't realize is that the more you buy from SCS, each game gives you discounts day one anyways. So you never have to pay full price unless you're like me, lol. Now I never wait for the discounts day one because as soon as SCS hits upload, I buy the newest ATS map within 5 mins. It takes a bit of time to get the Steam discounts going. I am too eager to wait. Waiting to save a few bucks is not worth it for me. I want that new map asap. I have taken pto from work ever since New Mexico dropped. I think its time to up it to 2 days. I am thoroughly enjoying the new maps that come out day one and I want more time. Once we get up to 3 maps as year (hopefully by 2023 or after Texas), the maps will really start coming and we'd have a ton of space added each year.

So either you support ATS or ya don't is the way I see it. Most people on a budget may have issues with ATS. Most that do play ATS regular may have deeper pockets and have better pc's. SCS's new method of early map reveals is welcomed and cool by me. Those that can and will buy all ATS maps we create a lot of hype. This generates activity for SCS via all their social media and the Steam Wishlist. So yeah, the conversation we had a few weeks back that communication is more active on the ATS side of the forum has many factors to it. Mostly because lots is missing and not in the game I am sure, so seeing whats upcoming is hot buzz type stuff. Talking about what we'd like to see is hot.

Freeze338

#8492 Post by Freeze338 » 15 Mar 2020 19:42

@flight50 I'm the same about ATS since late 2018. Before Oregon release I'm not a happy player for ATS because I was disappointed about development but something magical happened after Oregon release and updates came greatly one by one. I was so surprised they said Washington will be available in 2019 summer. They hit the big red button and I hit the buy button on steam and I've realised I was just buying instantly whatever SCS releases for ATS.

Not only that, I mean SCS is my childhood alongside with GTA 3D universe and Pavel is my childhood hero. I played tousands of hours only Accross America and bought every content they have made which has NA trucking. Tbh haven't bought ETS1, UK truck sim, German truck sim or Scania Truck driving sim and I still have no idea about them.

Some newbie driver

#8493 Post by Some newbie driver » 15 Mar 2020 19:43

If a person says me that a DLC that costs under $20 is too expensive when it can provide from tens to hundreds of hours in diversion; then I know how less this person values his life time. And I also know it doesn't worth to spend any of my life time arguing with such person.

Regards

xXCARL1992Xx

#8494 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 15 Mar 2020 19:45

some people just cant do math, if i would calculate everything i bought for ETS2 or ATS into one summe and divide it by the time i played the games i would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 1 to 10 cent per day Euro per day i spent to play the game, higher for ATS ofc because i have only 1/5th of the playtime but also less DLCs bought for it

did a quick and dirty calculation and throw out every DLC i got for free, 2.68 €/d (0.11 cents per hour played so far) for ETS and 10.73 €/d (0.45 cents per hour played so far) for ATS
Last edited by xXCARL1992Xx on 15 Mar 2020 20:09, edited 2 times in total.
| !!!NO MODDING/BLENDER SUPPORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Video Thread | Youtube Channel | World of Trucks Profil |

Some newbie driver

#8495 Post by Some newbie driver » 15 Mar 2020 20:08

@xXCARL1992Xx you nailed it with your first sentence. That one alone can resume pretty well the source of such complains about cost.

flight50

#8496 Post by flight50 » 15 Mar 2020 21:52

Some newbie driver wrote:
15 Mar 2020 19:43
If a person says me that a DLC that costs under $20 is too expensive when it can provide from tens to hundreds of hours in diversion
Exactly. This is why I always bring up the pizza scenario. A dlc will last a lifetime. As long as one has a good pc, internet and if SCS continues to support ATS/ETS2, that dlc will always be valid........forever. Sure a dlc will get outdated somewhat but the newer dlc will pretty much always be on par with maps of NM or newer. I think the newer dlcs will hold their valve for 7-10 years honestly. Sure the devs will make improvements along the way but I don't think things will look drastically different as they do with California to Utah. The difference from NM to Utah is just as subtle as Utah to Washington or Oregon. As long as the devs add new things to newer dlc and touch up the older parts of the map with new those new industries or what nots, then all is good.

lamar326g

#8497 Post by lamar326g » 20 Mar 2020 02:48

I just want to wake up tomorrow morning to a fabulous blog post from Carthoo and/or Alex that provide SCS renders of which trucks are in the ATS pipeline. A man can only dream, right?

And @Carthoo, that coffee and chocolate gift package is still on the table if you guys follow through. We’re blessed with several tasty selections in San Francisco 😘

I hope you guys at SCS are staying safe!

flight50

#8498 Post by flight50 » 20 Mar 2020 03:23

That would be nice huh. Can I share your dream with ya, lol. Once this next truck drops, they kinda have to keep the hype going. The only way I know to do that is post the next truck teaser.

Knightrider

#8499 Post by Knightrider » 20 Mar 2020 13:35

another awesome ETS 2' truck accessory expansion, as a ATS player mainly can't help feeling a bit envy.
Best Regards

Robinicus

#8500 Post by Robinicus » 20 Mar 2020 13:40

Does this count as a teaser? viewtopic.php?f=178&t=277756&start=1470#p1316707

"All truck: (T680, W900, Anthem, PT389, PT579, Volvo VNL, Lonestar)"
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - Alpha test team

All of my work is only posted to my Steam Workshop https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 ... perpage=30

Return to “General discussion about the game”