Wrong speed limit on roads in Oregon

Mark001

Wrong speed limit on roads in Oregon

#1 Post by Mark001 » 08 Oct 2018 09:10

When I using "Show Car Limit" in Oregon roads, speed limit using truck one, not car one.

ex ) "Show Car Limit" option using currently --- cars for 65 mile / trucks for 60 mile road
===> Speed Limit should be 65 for that Option but using 60 one instead.

It is for not only the high way like as Portland-Medford, but also for road to Lakeview.
I think all of 65/60 Speed Limit is currently wrong.
natvander
SCS Software

Re: Wrong speed limit on roads in Oregon

#2 Post by natvander » 08 Oct 2018 09:26

The game currently doesn’t allow two different simultaneous speed limits to be set with signs. So at the moment, as the truck limit is the most important limit in game, cars are stuck with the same limit.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Mark001

#3 Post by Mark001 » 08 Oct 2018 09:38

[To natvander] Ahh......there is a story. Well, I thank to you for kind answer~! I wish the speed system to be upgrade. :D
natvander
SCS Software

#4 Post by natvander » 08 Oct 2018 10:05

You’re not the only one ;)
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
J. Ritter

#5 Post by J. Ritter » 08 Oct 2018 10:40

The ultimate simulation would be AI range rovers with a soccer mom on the phone doing 80 in the left lane cutting you off at the last minute for an exit, while the old station wagon is going 20 below the limit with a bunch of thick smoke coming out of cabin, hahaha. :D :D :lol: :lol:
Fae

#6 Post by Fae » 11 Oct 2018 01:47

Am I misreading all of this? My experience in the game is that all AI goes the car speed limit, and that the truck speed limit is purely cosmetic for reference ... for you to follow or not follow depending on how serious you take role-play.

Tested after I read this thread and in my game AI does go the car speed limit even when I have truck limit on. The truck limit is just reference on my GPS.
Faelandaea Dravin
OTR Truck Driver
Faelandaea's Trucking Adventures
https://www.youtube.com/c/FaelandaeaDravin
DISCORD: https://discord.gg/PEm7M9HwYP
[ external image ]
natvander
SCS Software

#7 Post by natvander » 11 Oct 2018 03:16

Trucks ‘should’ follow the truck speed limit - it’s not just cosmetic. Hence why trucks in California are so much slower than cars. There are the occasional speeding trucks which I believe are intentional (I do hope so) but if you decide to do 70 in California and pass a police car, prepare for a fine.
ilovevolvo

#8 Post by ilovevolvo » 11 Oct 2018 04:00

The problem is that the AI tries to follow the limit too well, this results in bizarre stops and accelerations, especially downhill. The rest of the issues are caused by the epic merging skills, the left lane hoggers (not sure if by design or flaw), slam the brakes before taking the exit AI, the atv that should not be in the game doing 40 on the interstate, the buses doing 50 no matter what.

Its all compounded together
when potholes and winter?
Fae

#9 Post by Fae » 11 Oct 2018 17:07

Yeah wtf is even with that atv?
Faelandaea Dravin
OTR Truck Driver
Faelandaea's Trucking Adventures
https://www.youtube.com/c/FaelandaeaDravin
DISCORD: https://discord.gg/PEm7M9HwYP
[ external image ]
canuckster

#10 Post by canuckster » 11 Oct 2018 17:29

The speed limits are wrong all over the place, 55 in residential areas, 35 on highway onramps... considering the people who posted videos on youtube prior to release were not North American at all, you know the Beta testers who should know this kind of thing, nothing but eastern Europeans, is any wonder the complete lack of polish in this add on, it's becoming quite frustrating actually every damn time, and I'm not going to spend 10 flipping minutes every time to file a bug report with their tedious method either.
A Lannister always pays his debts.
Pining to drive the Trans-Canada Highway... some eventual beautiful day.

Return to “General discussion about the game”