Side Curtains
19%
Moving/Storage trailers
19%

Total votes: 75

rbsanford

Re: Choose the trailers you would like to see next on Trailer Ownership

#351 Post by rbsanford » 26 Mar 2021 20:40

Those enclosed luxury car carriers would be nice, along with a new dealership for luxury cars. This would really be useful as we push east, as in Alabama there's a Mercedes plant, in South Carolina there's one for BMW, and all along the East Coast there are terminals for RORO ships that bring in European cars, surely with some Rolls Royces and Ferraris among them. Luxury carriers could even apply now with the Tesla plant; I'm sure the higher end roadsters would get the enclosed treatment.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
flight50

#352 Post by flight50 » 26 Mar 2021 20:55

That luxury car one is a Euro trailer though. I'm not saying they don't exist here, but I'm not aware of them. I know we have Kentucky style trailers though that could haul them.
Tails

#353 Post by Tails » 26 Mar 2021 21:05

Found this Enclosed car carrier trailer with a curtain slider design.

[ external image ]
Last edited by Tails on 29 Mar 2021 01:38, edited 1 time in total.
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
Bedavd

#354 Post by Bedavd » 26 Mar 2021 21:07

@flight50 They're here as well! As I mentioned, the higher-end BMWs brought to my dad's dealership will almost assuredly be brought in a completely enclosed trailer. It looks and operates the same as the European ones. It'll have two stacks of cars inside like a normal carrier, as well as some side doors that open up so people can get in. The ramp in the back will elevate up and down to load and unload the cars on each level. Here's a photo of an American one. I just thought the Euro ones showed off the inside and the doors better than any American ones I could find. Maybe next time my dad gets a delivery I'll have him take some pictures for me to post here.

[ external image ]
Here's one moving a Lamborghini. Looks like the lambo has Ohio plates so it's definitely American. This one is probably privately moving the car for the owner though, rather than delivering it to a dealership. Also notice the door along the side so someone can access and drive the car out easier.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#355 Post by flight50 » 26 Mar 2021 21:53

@Bedavd Yeah that's a Kentucky style trailer as I was mentioning. They are storage/moving, motorsport, commercial, mobile medicine, Enclosed Auto Transport. Nacar uses them. The Euro one you posted doesn't work for North America. Here is the link of what they are https://www.kytrailer.com/. These are the trailers I got the o.p. to include in the polls.

motorsport
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

moving storage
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Bedavd

#356 Post by Bedavd » 26 Mar 2021 23:12

Oh nice! Didn’t know they were called Kentucky Trailers hahaha. That makes sense then. I’m not sure what the difference between that and the first trailer I attached is that would make it incompatible with the US :? Aside from the roof hinging up it seemed the same to me. But I’m nowhere near as knowledgeable with the trucking things as y’all are, so I’m sure you’re right :lol:
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#357 Post by flight50 » 27 Mar 2021 00:15

Yeah the Euro one is way fancier. Most of their stuff is higher tech, lol. The roof elevates and there are more side panel doors. Essentially its the same but that model is Euro spec.
SmokeyWolf

#358 Post by SmokeyWolf » 27 Mar 2021 13:46

@flight50 Realiable Carriers run the enclosed trailers as they run a lot of cars for Barrett-Jackson and private collectors. They have a few open trailers but not many.
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
iowatruckerdgh48

#359 Post by iowatruckerdgh48 » 28 Mar 2021 16:24

I would like to see Asphalt Cement/Hot Oil tankers added. These are what I haul in RL. They are used as short haul, repeat loads, from refineries/storage terminals, out to asphalt production/paving plants and road rebuild/repair jobs. We have the production sites in game now. I've loaded/delivered some material at them. But I have not seen the particular type of tanker used in the store, yet.
flight50

#360 Post by flight50 » 28 Mar 2021 16:58

I have a good feeling that tankers will introduce several new and reworked tankers as Phase 3 of owned trailers for some reason. I'm not trying to hype tankers as I don't really use them much but tankers and lowboy have always been the most requested trailers. They probably have the largest variety. Lowboys came and was more complex than I thought and SCS did a great job. Only things not so great on the lowboys is no flip booster and the strobes are very unrealistic. They should be incorporated into the trailer like ETS2 lowboys got or at least 2 options for strobes. I've never seen the style of strobes we have in ATS. They spent a lot of time programming and modeling wise to get them lowboy in and I like the job done. I'd imagine tankers are much easier to deal with but they are having to do several types if new industries come online. I'd love to see some new companies get some new skin tankers. So far the options are very thin with ATS company skins.

Return to “General discussion about the game”