19%
Moving/Storage trailers
19%

Total votes: 74

supersobes
Global moderator

Re: Choose the trailers you would like to see next on Trailer Ownership

#331 Post by supersobes » 22 Feb 2021 21:19

ATS already has restrictions on certain setups. RMDs, b-doubles, triples, and turnpikes are restricted to only certain states. California also does not allow spread axle trailers or 53 footers with the tandems slid forward to the back.
flight50

#332 Post by flight50 » 22 Feb 2021 22:17

Wellll I suppose there is no violation for centipede trailers in other states. I someone what to take a 8 axle trailer to Florida.........can they legally? You just can't take the max pay load in states that have 80,000 max limits. If that is the case, no need for banning centipedes in other states. Banning is what I was initially thinking. But to get a 80,000+ load, you must stay in those particular states. If SCS does this, only make like 4-6 80,000+ cargoes specific to centipedes and let it haul all the regular cargo Now if SCS ever gets the scales and the weigh station functional to real life, that will be a great way to fine for overweight. Charge a nasty fine if you are 105,000 lbs in a state that doesn't accept it. Centipede or not, the max is the max per state. Doesn't matter how many axles ya have.

Otherwise, what I was thinking is just lock the centipedes and 80,000+ loads to the states they are allowed in. Just as SCS does with the other combinations. I do hate that TPD are not in Freight Market though. I have still yet to experience on. I'd like to see them as Freight options. I don't want to own one just os see it. I am hoping to see TPD and B doubles in traffic in ProMods Canada someday though.
plykkegaard

#333 Post by plykkegaard » 22 Feb 2021 22:24

With the way AI is cutting I am not sure you really like to have those configurations in the traffic, but on the other we have low boys etc

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
flight50

#334 Post by flight50 » 22 Feb 2021 22:47

Honestly I don't think TPD are any different than HH with a jeep and booster which is why I'd like to see TPD jobs for Freight Market.
plykkegaard

#335 Post by plykkegaard » 22 Feb 2021 22:55

I have been in conflict with the AI at some places, sharp corners on cities
I did make a report on it but it was never acknowledged

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
supersobes
Global moderator

#336 Post by supersobes » 22 Feb 2021 23:13

flight50 wrote: 22 Feb 2021 22:17 Otherwise, what I was thinking is just lock the centipedes and 80,000+ loads to the states they are allowed in. Just as SCS does with the other combinations.
Well, that's the thing. They don't seem to limit single trailers to 80,000, even in the states with an 80,000 weight limit. I had a tandem axle food tank trailer and a 6x4 truck in Oregon. Oregon is not one of the states with their own weight limit, so the weight limit there is 80,000 pounds. Loaded with milk, I pulled onto the scales grossing over 87,000 pounds. Even if Oregon had a higher weight limit, I should still be stuck at 80,000 due to my axle setup.
flight50

#337 Post by flight50 » 22 Feb 2021 23:36

I'm not surprised. Before owned trailers kicked in, I use to play with the mod that added HH and triples in traffic. You really had to watch the AI and learn how to drive with them. I'd restrict such combinations to Interstates only. If you follow an AI, they could do anything like get off the Interstate and you'd just have to deal with the aftermath though. But at that point, you have to accept what the AI is and the space limitation of ATS compared to real life.

RMD's, Triples and HH seem fairly long for the AI but SCS finally got comfortable enough to get them working in the game. I wonder why TPD haven't made that leap yet to traffic. How much longer are they compared to HH with jeep and booster?

All this trailer talk has me thinking about the 1.35 update. That was Part 1. I don't think we ever saw Part 2. Now would be a good time to see it with Wyoming and Texas in the mix. 1.35 was a sweet trailer update. We got (2) Chipper trailers, piggybacks, b-doubles and container trailers. If we got another update like that, that could knock out the rest of the trailers for sure. What could happen though is both Wyoming and Texas bring new trailers. Lets say Wyoming does livestock, dumpers and tankers. Do tankers now and that clears Texas from it. That would leave Texas for curtain siders, step deck and car hauler. Throw in Kentucky trailers too (moving storage). If we get lucky and get this in Houston or this, or this. That pier has a huge train depot that looks like it gives us a chance to haul wind turbine components. Or perhaps BMW or Construction equipment for HH in Galveston, I think car transport would be valid for Texas. I made this post last year when SCS announced a revamped car transport in ETS2. I envisioned someday ATS can get the upgrade too. If we can get more accurate ports for the coastal cities, that elevates ATS too.

@supersobes seems like SCS has some work to do. I wouldn't be too concerned about it now considering ATS needs a serious cargo overhaul. With an overhaul and functional scales, inspection stations and weigh stations....more accuracy could be coming that brings fines. That is when the game takes a turn on the positive side. That would be a realistic part of trucking......fines due to weight.
harishw8r

#338 Post by harishw8r » 23 Feb 2021 03:17

The parts 1 and 2 were for ATS and ETS2 respectively, in the 1.35 update. But it would be nice to see some big update for trailer. ETS will get Car and Olive industries. ATS too will soon get a variety of industries. So this might be a good time to bring in a bunch of trailers.
flight50

#339 Post by flight50 » 23 Feb 2021 04:17

@harishw8r Ahhh. That's where the part 2 was, lol. Thanks. I didn't think to go look at ETS2. That was some time ago and I slept since then, lmao. Well then, I'll retract my statement and say...where's part 3 and 4. ETS2 pretty much has all the trailers that ATS is missing already. It would be reworks for some of them in ETS2. The trailers I want the most in ATS though are the ones that are flatout non-existent....livestock, step deck, curtain sider and Kentucky. I have to throw car hauler in there because what we have in ATS doesn't represent NA car haulers well at all. 9 times out of 10 when you see car haulers in the US, its the over the cab rack variant. You can't drive for more than 2-3 hrs on an interstate here in the US and not see at least 1-2 carhaulers.

At this point in time though, whatever new trailer comes to ATS will be 2021 modeled and more than likely owned. Depends on the industry and it's usage though for ownership. I think people will be quite relieved once tankers come. I am sure SCS wants to do owned tankers for both games at the same time. If I had to guess, they are waiting for industries to populate in ATS. We have oil/gas now, we've had chemical, we have food grade and we've have gas (air) but the problem is the lack of facilities for them can abundance of cargo. We need more facilities that produce different variants of all these. Between Wyoming and Texas, they would be the best candidates to see tankers imo. To not get hopes up, I'd think the worse case and put tankers with Texas considering the oil/gas industry is so big here. Not to mention chemical and biochemicals in Texas. If you look at the ports on the Gulf, you'll find tons for potential in Texas for tankers and all thru out Texas.

With that said, I'd probably swap out my tankers comment coming with Wyoming for step deck/curtain sider with Texas. There is only one step deck and there is only one curtain sider..........unless you count step deck curtain sider of course. But with tankers, you could get several variants for multiple cities for ownership. So save them for Texas perhaps. Tankers and car haulers for Texas.....yeah thats my speculation. Car haulers can access the Texas coast for ports. Not to mention the GM plant in Arlington, Tx and the Toyota plant in San Antonio. There's a tire manufacture in Texas too I believe. We have tire cargo in the game already so it would make since. There is rubber manufacturing here to help setup a revamped car industry. At some point, ATS needs to get a glass plant going on. Time to use Glasson. Its been hanging around with Lumber Jill and Zereva CliniCall to long. For glass, there are some references several pages back. In NA, there are glass racks that would go on a trailer. Lowboys, double step decks, curtain sider, drop deck, drop deck curtain sider, sliding tarp..........all those could haul glass with the right glass racks.

Tankers and car haulers are very time consuming models compared to the rest that's left. So we could see Parts 3-6 for Trailers. After that, its on to specialized trailers when industries call for them. One day, I'd love to get wind turbine blades as cargo. I really thought we'd get that with Colorado. It will take a specialized trailer for it but I do think its possible to have a shorter blade variant in ATS to haul around. I'd hope another 1-2 Vista Power farms pop up to get more variety to haul to.
howey

#340 Post by howey » 23 Feb 2021 12:42

I do hope for more axle configurations myself as I have noticed on videos and photos I have seen on US trucking have ran trailers and combo's quite commonly that aren't in the game like for instance a 45ft tri axle lead with a 28 or even 32ft pup with the 32ft pup being either a single or dual axle variant. Also 40ft lead with a 28 pup seems to be common in some states as well as 48&53ft turnpike combo's.

To me having 5,6,7,8 axles on a semi trailer is ridiculous just more dead tare weight as well as more maintenance and tire repair or replace bills. Only exemption to me would be B-trains with a single spread axle on the A/lead trailer and perhaps a tri axle B/rear trailer making it a 7 axle B'train combo since they can be common on states they allow B'trains and have higher weight limits to making them benefit like Michigan,Montana, South Dakota and possibly more.

About the comment being overweight significantly at times in ATS I to have noticed and hence why I have said they should be a fine system in place for it as well as having options to choose from weight wise for cargo even in a basic form have a light, medium and heavy option for each cargo so you can either take the risk or play it safe. Though the heavier the load the more you make just like it is now. Though the game does calculate for having extra axles as in one of my profiles I run a modded 45ft tri axle lead and 28ft pup RMD combo and get more or less depending on the truck and state but they are just calculated to certain set values they have been programmed into the game from my experience.

Also @supersobes I would of though having the tandems set forward on a 53ft in Call would be mandatory due to the 40ft distance rule between kingpin and trailer axle? Or did I mistaken it for another rule?

Also find it weird about them outlawing spread axles as can't you get more weight per axle or a spread axle with a 8ft spacing at 20,000lbs each compared to 17,000lbs each they were a tandem setup? Though it would be better for overall weight distribution to your weight laws.

Return to “General discussion about the game”