19%
Moving/Storage trailers
19%

Total votes: 75

supersobes
Global moderator

Re: Choose the trailers you would like to see next on Trailer Ownership

#341 Post by supersobes » 23 Feb 2021 13:22

@howey Ah, that's my mistake. It's a typo. I meant to say that 53 footers with the tandems slid backwards are not allowed in California. The tandems must be slid forward in California.
flight50

#342 Post by flight50 » 23 Feb 2021 15:18

Yeah I kinda ran thru an example of overweight or controlling what you haul here viewtopic.php?p=1379719#p1379719. This is how the scales, weight stations and inspection station become valid. It also how setting for sliding tandems after loading come into play as well as making the 5th slidable. I don't know how they'd pull all this off but if they are adding all these parts to the game, it should be just a matter of time before its implemented more realistically. Same with truck washes. Interaction with the environment on these levels is innovative.

The poll is such a hard one for me though. I have more than 2 that I really want to see next. I know tankers will come so I'm not even worried about that one. Tanks and lowboys are must have for ownership. We got lowboys as it was the hardest of all I'm sure. But for me, new car haulers, step deck and curtain sider are my votes. I also want dumpers but I only want the side dumper for ownership.
flight50

#343 Post by flight50 » 16 Mar 2021 23:57

Livestock

At some point, these trailers will come. It was hinted at with Colorado but didn't come. The Wyoming industry thread mentions it as well but its not confirmed. Texas also hints at livestock and is currently the one state that must bring livestock if no other does. So what does this mean.........well, there are options so what will SCS bring to ATS? Lets check out the menu. More options than I ever thought exist. There are 4 main types of Livestock that I see and I do hope we get at least 2 of them. Call me greedy if you like but the options below might entice you to own one or the other. I'm sure 2 will come for sure. 3 is a wish. So on my lil searchy search for live stock trailers, below are a few options I found. I didn't bother to find more as these seem to be the most common. We don't know if one is already modeled, in the works or still to do but perhaps maybe the devs see these and consider 2-3 or them. Whatever the case, we should get 2 for sure based on the type of cargo SCS plans on putting in the game.

2 axle
[ external image ]

2 axle spread
[ external image ]

2 axle dual deck
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

3 axle
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

3 axle winterized
[ external image ]

3 axle spread
[ external image ]

3 axle tag
[ external image ]

4 axle
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Ground load
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Straight Floor
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Poultry Livestock

Broiler

Flip Cage
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Flatbed Cage
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Flatbed Cage with lift truck
[ external image ]

Flatbed Cage with lift gate (not sure how common this is)
[ external image ]

Curtain Sider
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Curtain Sider with lift top (I'm not 100% sure this is NA spec)
[ external image ]

Turkey Cage
[ external image ]

So the (4) types above are the ramp load, ground load, straight floor and the poultry livestock trailers. Of these 4, we should at the least get the ramp load in several axle configurations and the poultry load (non ownable). The straight floor is a long shot but the ground load has some potential. It is used primarily for larger livestock. They have a bit more space than the standard ramp load. Ramp loads haul cattle and pigs consistently. You could use a dual deck for sheep/lamp and maybe even poultry and small hogs. The ground load could haul cattle and buffalo as well as horses perhaps. We don't know what livestock SCS is planning. But over time, hopefully we get all common livestock cargo.
SmokeyWolf

#344 Post by SmokeyWolf » 17 Mar 2021 14:23

@flight50 never seen a ground loader unless a dually was pulling it.

The spread and 3 axle tag are more common out west. Once you pass the Mississippi the spread and 2 axle are common.

The straight floor is used for pigs I believe.

Never seen a curtainside cattle pot before. Don't believe that is NA spec.

Never seen a winterized pot look like that before. That must be Canadian spec.
flight50

#345 Post by flight50 » 17 Mar 2021 14:32

^If you Google search, you will see tons of semi's pulling them. I didn't post tons of pic as I only did a few examples. But feel free to look thru this link. I titled it semi ground load and got plenty of results. Not seeing them, doesn't mean they don't exist though.

The Curtain Sider is under the Poultry section, not Cattle. The company that sells these are US and Canada. https://www.curtainsider.com/live-poult ... stems.html#/
Last edited by flight50 on 17 Mar 2021 14:36, edited 2 times in total.
SmokeyWolf

#346 Post by SmokeyWolf » 17 Mar 2021 14:34

@flight50 Oh ok. I just never seen a ground loader like that before. Must be used for calfs.
Ness

#347 Post by Ness » 22 Mar 2021 03:43

I'd love to see car transporters introduced with the long awaited multi drop cargos

I can see them getting a rework, make the cars modular (i.e have a random combination of cars, instead of the preset models we have now)

And maybe (and i'm just being super hopeful here) be able to have dedicated car hauler rigids :D
Skoot

#348 Post by Skoot » 23 Mar 2021 17:23

^ Much code work is needed for multidrop deliveries, so I don't see them coming in the near future. Straight trucks - maybe SCS will go ahead with that idea. Those are quite prominent in Europe, and SCS even tried implementing them once, I believe.

That's not to say I don't want either of those features though. :)
Bedavd

#349 Post by Bedavd » 26 Mar 2021 18:51

I mentioned this over in the Wyoming thread, but I noticed for the first time that there were empty car transporter trailers used as static assets in Baggs, WY. That got me thinking about possibly seeing car transporters coming as ownable trailers. I'd hope to see them freshened up a bit, though, since the current ones are way too short compared to real life. Sometimes only holding a max of 3 cars, and only 5 if they're the Teslas.

[ external image ]

I think the dedicated car haulers are likely still a while out, but I would love to see them in-game. You'd bring your day cab to a repair shop and put on all the platforms. It would probably get rid of a ton of your modifications too hahah. Then we'd have to get the trailer attached too. You'd kinda be stuck only hauling vehicles for a while, so the industry would really need to be fleshed out by then to make it worth the hassle. I think this would be good to come around the same time we see rigids, if those ever come to ATS.

[ external image ]

As for 5th wheel versions The trailers should be reworked to be more accurate to life. Much longer and holding more cars.

[ external image ]

I'd also like to see the completely enclosed car carriers come too! My dad has worked for BMW NA for a number of years now and generally, new cars come in these types of trailers to those dealers because they don't want stray rocks bouncing off a brand new 7 series being hauled down I-96 lol. Perhaps dedicating one of the car dealerships to be more luxury and sports car focused.

[ external image ]

On that note, I'd love to see the cargos split into new and used, with new cars having the protective wrappings, generally being the same model and used cars being basically completely mixed makes and models and generally just transported as is. We already kinda have the protective wrappings on the convertible Mustangs, but they should have protective wrappings on the hood, roof, and trunk lid if they're brand new cars, as well as some other areas depending on if they're more at risk of being damaged during transport.

[ external image ]
Notice the white wrapping, more easily seen on the darker cars up top
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#350 Post by flight50 » 26 Mar 2021 20:05

Yeah I posted a couple of car transports back in Feb. viewtopic.php?p=1507286#p1507286 and then last May. I'd love to see these. Not just for ownership but in traffic as well.

Return to “General discussion about the game”