Side Curtains
19%
Moving/Storage trailers
19%

Total votes: 74

flight50

Re: Choose the trailers you would like to see next on Trailer Ownership

#371 Post by flight50 » 08 May 2021 14:45

Regardless of where the drops off are, I have to agree that its time for ownable dumpers. Texas will make it even worse if we don't get it soon. I'd love to see SCS model a side dumper for this and then rework the others into the equation. The cargo drop offs really need a huge overhaul in itself. I doubt if that happens here soon so where ever we can take things now, is where we will continue. ATS is missing too many middleman companies to make cargo make better sense.
J.Random

#372 Post by J.Random » 09 May 2021 05:46

Eh, both games are flawed in their own way. As for dumpers, I can't really make my mind about them. The inner child obviously wants them because dumpers are cool, but from the gameplay perspective they're way too specialized and I'd rather see a stepdeck sooner (ideally, a walking axle one, with cargos being an intersection of flatbed stuff, containers and light machinery), but owned dumpers would force players to visit mines and quarries a bit more which is cool, but it would probably cause a lot of one-way trips which isn't...
Holzauge

#373 Post by Holzauge » 09 May 2021 12:15

They are not as specialized as the log trailer for example. With them you have a lot of empty driving, which isn't at all necessary btw. (look at the log trailers in ETS2, which have one cargo more - iron tubes - and you find something to haul for it nearly everywhere (and you don't get offered "toothpicks", too ;))).

There is more variety of loads for the dump trailers (definitely more than the three of the log trailer). So I think this could be entertaining (at least for me... :D). Anyway: Each his own and let's wait and see, what 1.41 will bring!
VDMA
flight50

#374 Post by flight50 » 09 May 2021 12:50

Wyoming seems to make a point to exploit mining. Dumpers for Wyoming makes a lot of sense where as tankers for Texas makes a lot of sense. As much as I want the step deck as well, we don't have it so we can't miss it like we can for dumpers. Currently the only way you can haul a dumper is thru Freight Market or WoT. I wouldn't mind owning a dumper though. I have my moments when I want to just haul one particular thing for a few hrs. I still favor Freight Market/WoT vs owned trailers though because I like the variety of not only trailers and cargo, but in being able to visiting all industries.

But for the purposes of this poll, I still have my votes for step deck and car hauler. Tanker will obviously come and is very popular so I'm not wasting my vote there.
howey

#375 Post by howey » 09 May 2021 13:40

Be good if they suprised us and release tankers and dumpers/tippers at the same time imo, both industries are quite big in game already and are only going to get bigger as more states get released I suppose.
harishw8r

#376 Post by harishw8r » 09 May 2021 13:48

I could buy that actually, I feel 1.41 is going to be big. I would say there's a high chance for dumpers/livestock trailers due to Wyoming. Texas would be ideal for tankers.
flight50

#377 Post by flight50 » 09 May 2021 14:07

Same here. I can agree with you both. That means that Texas has to come up big. If we got our wish and both came with Wyoming, my wish for Texas is an industry cargo pack. There are three solid options:
1) oil/gas cargo dlc
2) farming cargo dlc
3) construction equipment/building materials cargo dlc

Now Wyoming could just as easily do:
1) train cargo dlc
2) mining cargo dlc
rip_c_bennington

#378 Post by rip_c_bennington » 10 May 2021 02:19

J.Random wrote: 08 May 2021 10:52 > There are so many drop off and pick up points for them already on the map (Plaster, Bitumen, Namiq, Coastline Mining, Steeler, the ranches and farms).
You know it will result in you picking up, for example, gravel and dumping it in Bitumen parking lot, right? :D
And what would you do with ownable fuel tankers? xD
harishw8r

#379 Post by harishw8r » 10 May 2021 02:33

Truck stop deliveries!

Truck shops with shops should become proper depots, with a functionality similar to Eddy’s/Tidbit.
SmokeyWolf

#380 Post by SmokeyWolf » 10 May 2021 13:02

Dump trailers can haul a lot of things such as grain, fertilizer, scrap, etc. Not as specialized as one might think.

Return to “General discussion about the game”