Side Curtains
19%
Moving/Storage trailers
19%

Total votes: 74

plykkegaard

Re: Choose the trailers you would like to see next on Trailer Ownership

#381 Post by plykkegaard » 10 May 2021 13:12

Scarp or grain are typical trasnported in specialzed trailer eg Gonolas for scrap or Hoppers for grain

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
flight50

#382 Post by flight50 » 10 May 2021 14:17

Larry71490 wrote: 10 May 2021 13:02 Dump trailers can haul a lot of things such as grain, fertilizer, scrap, etc. Not as specialized as one might think.
I have to agree. Dumpers are bulk haulers and there is a solid dozen or so cargoes that can go into these. Grain can easily go in these just like a hopper. There is no rule to only use hoppers for grain. Not only that, there is more than half a dozen types of dumpers. You don't mix a construction dumper with a food related one obviously in real life. But in ATS, it doesn't matter. I think we should have the steel dumper construction type and the aluminum dumper for food grade though. Aluminum is what you'd see in Agriculture.

From farming, to construction, to recycling, to mining......I could come up with 4-6 cargoes for each I'm sure that SCS could add for dumper. They are not that limited.
Tails

#383 Post by Tails » 10 May 2021 15:08

would be nice to have some other mining cargo types for the dumper trailers.

- Ore of different metals like Gold, Silver, Copper ect.
- Coal
- Granite
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
flight50

#384 Post by flight50 » 10 May 2021 15:45

I totally agree and that is why I mention I bet I could come up with quite a bit. The thing is though, it has to make some type of sense. That sense is getting more middleman companies in the game. Example, lets use copper that can have purpose in ATS. Copper uses: piping, wire, hvac systems/equipment and automobiles. Coal has power plants, steel and concrete work.

I'd really wish SCS gave ATS some Limestone quarries. We can do crushed, boulders or slabs of limestone. Everything is one big puzzle in North America just like in Europe but I don't think all the pieces are fitting too well. More industries and more companies in ATS are critical. Both together brings more cargo. More cargo leads to cover all trailer types based on specific needs. Its a big ole circle on how things mesh together though.
SmokeyWolf

#385 Post by SmokeyWolf » 10 May 2021 20:57

@flight50 the side dumpers are mainly used out west and in the upper midwest. Mainly construction.

You have specialized scrap dumps that are real tall and made by Clements. You have seen them I am sure in Texas.

Regular aluminum end dumps like East and Mac can transport all the above too along with asphalt, grain, fertilizer. Not suited to haul rip rap as it will dent the aluminum. That is were the steel body dumps work best at.

Also have frame dumps and frameless dumps.

Frame dumps are a lot more forgiving than frameless but a frameless can haul an extra ton or two of payload.

With frameless dumps you have to be on solid level ground otherwise it will tip. You'll know if not level by the 2nd stage as the box will start to lean.

There are 2 types of frameless dumps....Those that have rolled and those that haven't yet.

I pulled one for a year hauling grain, fertilizer, and the occasional load of scrap.
flight50

#386 Post by flight50 » 10 May 2021 22:03

Lmao. Yes I have seen plenty of those hideous Clements, lol. They are huge demolition dumpers and so tall I can almost walk under without crouching, lol. They haul scrap waste from demolitions sites and tons of it. We have the smaller variant in the game. The larger ones irl are taller than the one in the game.

If I got to pick dumpers to bring to ATS, I'd bring frameless, side dumper and some type of end dumper. On top of the belly dumper and round bottom dumper getting reworked. The frameless and end dumper would be our true flat bottom dumpers.
flight50

#387 Post by flight50 » 22 Aug 2021 11:11

@arthurcfbr Livestock trailers are now spotted in ATS so they are basically confirmed. The polls can be reset.
J.Random

#388 Post by J.Random » 22 Aug 2021 11:23

Are we sure they're ownable?
flight50

#389 Post by flight50 » 22 Aug 2021 11:41

Nope. But I don't see why they shouldn't be. Technically @arthurcfbr we could wait til Wyoming releases if you want to be sure. J. Random does have a valid point. But nothing is like the frac tank. That is the only new trailer in ATS added after 1.32 that doesn't need to be owned. All others in the poll are ownable type trailers. Texas should expand even more on livestock. So I'd fully expect to see a lot more depots open up for livestock. Hopefully Colorado gets updated to have livestock depots. California's rebuild should also incorporate livestock. So between Colorado, Wyoming, Texas and California, I see the need for this trailer to be owned. Moving East, depots should pop up. Cattle can't and shouldn't be the only cargo hauled.

If SCS opens up the doors for livestock to reality, we should see hogs/pigs, sheep/lam and bison at least. I'm not banking on slaughter houses coming to ATS so that does remove a depot type. I really which SCS didn't concern themselves with real life in regards to livestock. But we can't force them to make depots they don't want to.
arthurcfbr

#390 Post by arthurcfbr » 22 Aug 2021 11:46

Thanks @Flight50. I only didn't do it yet because I am very busy with college now. But I will do it.
Edit: I remember once I read a dev saying that new trailers will be ownable but I can't remember were.
And it doesn't make sense to model a new trailer and don't do it ownable so I already reseted the poll
My Twtich Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/boriscec_acf (Lives in Portuguese, but I do speak english)

Return to “General discussion about the game”