Washington discussion

Bedavd

Re: Washington discussion

#2821 Post by Bedavd » 25 Apr 2020 15:48

@Madkine. I think I'd disagree. I feel they didn't include the Genoa bridge collapse because a number of people, unfortunately, lost their lives and doing so could be seen as poor taste. The closing of the West Seattle Bridge is preventative maintenance.
Check out my Michigan research map!

Check out my ATS IRL map!
*Colorado added! LA, and San Diego are unmapped out of protest for their future rework*

interstate trav

#2822 Post by interstate trav » 25 Apr 2020 22:37

Once Idaho is released we get to drive a little further on the 90. Looking forward to it.

flight50

#2823 Post by flight50 » 26 Apr 2020 00:14

Yeah but how far will that drive be is the question. I-90 in Idaho in real life is only 74 miles. In ATS, that's an even shorter distance. We'd get thru Idaho in what 2-3 mins real time? Obviously we won't go to where I have the marker set if we can't get into Montana. Either we get cut short of that, or we go further in on I-90.

Idaho does finish out US-12 in Washington finally though. That area is already in the game and has always been there. Its just blocked off. We will get US-12 from Kennewick over to Lewiston for sure with Idaho coming. I really wonder what this means for Washington and Idaho though. Considering this section of road is already in the Washington dlc, does it become polished and finish for those that own Washington now. Or is there a way to only get the polished version only with Idaho. That's a lot of road to tag it to Idaho. For people that will own both maps, it won't matter though. But its interesting to see how it works out. If you all recall, Arizona gave the polished version of US-163 in Utah once the compatibility update came. But the sectors are totally different with US-12.

My thought is that US-12 from Kennewick comes free if you already own Washington up Waitsburg, Wa. That is where the current unpolished map stops. From there, you will be required to purchase the Idaho dlc to go from Waitsburg, Wa to Lewiston,ID. I think that is how US-101 worked between base map of California and the Oregon dlc. I also hope that we are given a short cut from I-84 in Oregon to US-12 somehow. Either OR-11 or OR-82 works as the connection to I-84. So if you own both Oregon and Washington, that shortcut also comes free.

interstate trav

#2824 Post by interstate trav » 26 Apr 2020 06:30

I kinda figured that it wouldn’t be very far, or basically one exit.

Montana will make the 90 go much further.

Crocko From Oz

#2825 Post by Crocko From Oz » 03 Oct 2020 06:49

Looks like in future updates/DLC's, you will need to move the Boeing factory from Washington to South Carolina;

Boeing moving all 787 Dreamliner production from Everett to South Carolina

https://www.krem.com/article/tech/scien ... eea0dd07f2

EDIT: Correction on that, you will need to add a Boeing factory in South Carolina ... sorry about that :oops:

NWbyNW

#2826 Post by NWbyNW » 05 Oct 2020 01:18

Crocko From Oz wrote:
03 Oct 2020 06:49
Looks like in future updates/DLC's, you will need to move the Boeing factory from Washington to South Carolina;

Boeing moving all 787 Dreamliner production from Everett to South Carolina

https://www.krem.com/article/tech/scien ... eea0dd07f2

EDIT: Correction on that, you will need to add a Boeing factory in South Carolina ... sorry about that :oops:
Boeing isn't ending production in the biggest building in the world. It is simply ending Dreamliner production at the Everett plant. But other plane manufacturing is still going on there. Word is they are going to add another airplane production line to fill the void of this massive building and skilled pool of workers at the Everett, Washington plant.

flight50

#2827 Post by flight50 » 05 Oct 2020 04:57

Yeah I saw that the move was to make it more efficient at the plant. I know there are other Boeing facility in the country. It would be nice to get as many as possible in ATS so that we can haul from more places to Washington.

Bedavd

#2828 Post by Bedavd » 09 Oct 2020 22:00

I need some help finding all 10 Viewpoints in WA. So far I have:

1) Bellingham Deepgroove
2) Deception Pass
3) Everett Swing Bridge
4) Boeing Factory
5) Seattle Downtown
6) Seattle Port
7) Mt. St. Helens
8) Vantage Bridge
9) Grand Coulee Dam
10) ??

Anyone able to see it?
Check out my Michigan research map!

Check out my ATS IRL map!
*Colorado added! LA, and San Diego are unmapped out of protest for their future rework*

Return to “General discussion about the game”