Washington discussion

Trucker_71

Re: Washington discussion

#2811 Post by Trucker_71 » 16 Oct 2019 03:11

Yup, SCS shows Bellingham as being on the border, it's actually 20 - 25 miles south. :shock:
ArikTheBuilder

#2812 Post by ArikTheBuilder » 16 Oct 2019 07:58

Probably due to scaling few roads as well as Bellingham have been mis-coordinated in order to get em' all in.
But there are very few occasions.
ERN developer.
Shiva

#2813 Post by Shiva » 16 Oct 2019 16:22

Longview <3
Rather blame that Portland is so big, but it can not do anything about it.
Ring roads take a lot of space.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Bedavd

#2814 Post by Bedavd » 24 Apr 2020 16:58

I hate to re-open an old thread like this, but I heard about the West Seattle Bridge closure a few weeks ago and have been contemplating posting about it on here for a bit. I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, so I'm also posting this in the Washington research thread over in Public Research section.

WADOT completely closed the West Seattle Bridge, just to the west of Harbor Island in Seattle, most likely until 2022. They suddenly noticed severe cracking on one of the bridge pillars and closed the bridge to traffic on March 23rd. They also closed the Spokane St bridge that runs underneath to traffic (excluding freight and emergency vehicles) while they work on the larger bridge. While we can't cross the bridge into West Seattle in-game, we do get close enough to the closures that I think SCS might want to include them! I created a quick guide to what is closed and where, as well I'm attaching some information from WADOT for reference.

WADOT Bridge Update

WADOT Alternate Route Map

Here's a patented Bedavd "Quick Map" of what's closed on the in-game counterpart of the bridge:
[ external image ]

Also might be a good event in a couple years to "help reopen the West Seattle bridge" once it's under construction.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Shiva

#2815 Post by Shiva » 24 Apr 2020 17:06

Bedavd, that is interesting.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Madkine
Global moderator

#2816 Post by Madkine » 25 Apr 2020 03:43

It's fairly unlikely SCS will make this change, noting that they did not remove the bridge in Italy that collapsed.
Interesting info though.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
angrybirdseller

#2817 Post by angrybirdseller » 25 Apr 2020 03:56

Guess Minneapolis 2007 bridge collapse got DOT shut it down instead push the repair another 25 years.
Bedavd

#2818 Post by Bedavd » 25 Apr 2020 15:48

@Madkine. I think I'd disagree. I feel they didn't include the Genoa bridge collapse because a number of people, unfortunately, lost their lives and doing so could be seen as poor taste. The closing of the West Seattle Bridge is preventative maintenance.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
interstate trav

#2819 Post by interstate trav » 25 Apr 2020 22:37

Once Idaho is released we get to drive a little further on the 90. Looking forward to it.
flight50

#2820 Post by flight50 » 26 Apr 2020 00:14

Yeah but how far will that drive be is the question. I-90 in Idaho in real life is only 74 miles. In ATS, that's an even shorter distance. We'd get thru Idaho in what 2-3 mins real time? Obviously we won't go to where I have the marker set if we can't get into Montana. Either we get cut short of that, or we go further in on I-90.

Idaho does finish out US-12 in Washington finally though. That area is already in the game and has always been there. Its just blocked off. We will get US-12 from Kennewick over to Lewiston for sure with Idaho coming. I really wonder what this means for Washington and Idaho though. Considering this section of road is already in the Washington dlc, does it become polished and finish for those that own Washington now. Or is there a way to only get the polished version only with Idaho. That's a lot of road to tag it to Idaho. For people that will own both maps, it won't matter though. But its interesting to see how it works out. If you all recall, Arizona gave the polished version of US-163 in Utah once the compatibility update came. But the sectors are totally different with US-12.

My thought is that US-12 from Kennewick comes free if you already own Washington up Waitsburg, Wa. That is where the current unpolished map stops. From there, you will be required to purchase the Idaho dlc to go from Waitsburg, Wa to Lewiston,ID. I think that is how US-101 worked between base map of California and the Oregon dlc. I also hope that we are given a short cut from I-84 in Oregon to US-12 somehow. Either OR-11 or OR-82 works as the connection to I-84. So if you own both Oregon and Washington, that shortcut also comes free.

Return to “General discussion about the game”