Utah Discussion Thread

xyzan

Re: Utah Discussion Thread

#2371 Post by xyzan » 15 Nov 2019 08:53

I just wander, why those drive through cities (like Kanab) do not have any delivery point. The city is there, so no room needed... Just some or even single delivery point... That would make a map a lot better, I think. More alive
fra_ba

#2372 Post by fra_ba » 15 Nov 2019 11:55

I think devs consider some factors like size of state, population and road density for number of cities in a state so everything looks consistent! In this regard Washington got more Cities compared to Utah!
RBos1975

#2373 Post by RBos1975 » 15 Nov 2019 12:47

As long as they keep the style of the game. Desert between cities should match the feeling of really 'being there', driving in the middle of nowhere is sometimes also something.
Last edited by Mohegan13 on 15 Nov 2019 12:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed. Don't quote the post directly above.
Addiction King
bigfoot31415926

#2374 Post by bigfoot31415926 » 15 Nov 2019 17:38

A week after release and I still haven't managed to visit Utah. I got relocated back to LV when 1.36.1 released and my deliveries have taken me to CA. So, I can't comment on the DLC itself, but it's been an interesting read.

Now I have no knowledge of the inner workings at SCS, So keep in mind this is all conjecture on my part. However, I have a theory, as to why Utah is meeting with some mixed reviews. It is my theory that Utah was originally going to be released before OR and WA and either technical limitations with draw distance or pressure from Paccar to have Washington in the game caused them to pause work on Utah and then they came back and finished it with the new tools now that WA is in the game. This could be why some parts seem old and clunky while others seem amazing. Again, just a hypothesis with someone with too much time on their hands.
East bound and down, loaded up and truckin',
We're gonna do what they say can't be done.
We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there.
I'm east bound, just watch ol' "Bandit" run.
jarryed

#2375 Post by jarryed » 15 Nov 2019 17:53

Actually from my understand the map expansions have been released to what we have known previously, with Utah being the exception to that.

The original order, or so it was stated to be, was New Mexico, Oregon, Washington, and then Texas....in that order. The only reason that was changed was because of complaints from the community that there was too much corridor driving.

ETA: Utah is getting mixed reviews because Utah requires version 1.36. DX9 was dropped in this version and Nvidia Inspector is no longer able to be used so people are throwing hissy fits.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
Glutinous Rice

#2376 Post by Glutinous Rice » 15 Nov 2019 18:32

flight50 wrote: 15 Nov 2019 01:22 @mick86. Welcome.....officially, lol. In regards to Dead Horse, they just can't add everything. There will always be questionable intent as to why the devs didn't do this or that.
Dead Horse Point is already in the game but unfinished and inaccessible. I wonder if it couldn't be finished in time before the release and if it will be finished later.
https://i.imgur.com/OuULeAB.png
flight50

#2377 Post by flight50 » 15 Nov 2019 19:06

@Glutinous Rice. Cool beans. Thanks. I haven't been there yet to see. I was just going off what mick86 was saying that it wasn't there. Perhaps I will take US-191 this weekend. I am trying not to uncover too much too soon. So far a week of playing, I have only seen I-15 (4) trips North to South, the stretch from St. George to Page and from Wells to Magna.

I also think complaints about too much desert was an issue Utah didn't come sooner. Perhaps in another year or so, people will calm down and realize, it is their fault for trying to stay behind. I wonder if ETS2 will get a lot of crap when Black Sea releases. Will it get the same none sense comments? If not, some people just love to hate on ATS no matter what. If they do complain, that is just what they were waiting to do knowing that what happens with ATS, will eventually happen with ETS2.
Glutinous Rice

#2378 Post by Glutinous Rice » 15 Nov 2019 20:47

flight50 wrote: 15 Nov 2019 19:06 I was just going off what mick86 was saying that it wasn't there.
He did actually say that it was there but unfinished: "why SCS didn't recreate Dead Horse Point? especially they did some works on this area but it looks like it was abandoned, or just will be release on next update?". ;)
Yoglington

#2379 Post by Yoglington » 15 Nov 2019 21:32

Did anyone find the Nemiro Peak easter egg? Made me laugh when I found it lol 😁
CodArk2

#2380 Post by CodArk2 » 15 Nov 2019 21:41

@flight50 Black Sea is already getting crap because 'why isn't this city in" despite the map and list of cities not being released yet, but since it hasn't been released there haven't been "this DLC sucks

it is interesting to watch people complain about deserts in ATS but then beg for Spain, which also has deserts (Tabernas Desert , Monegros Desert, Bardenas Reales). Not all of Europe is green and forested and not all of the US is desert and mountains.

It would actually be funny (and evil) if SCS released a teaser pic of Spain next year showing a picture of a desert road, and it turns out to be ETS2 after everyone complained about more deserts in ATS (or got hyped for Texas). :lol:

Return to “General discussion about the game”