Idaho Discussion Thread

mikemontrealer
Posts: 14
Joined: 26 Jun 2020 19:38

Re: Idaho Discussion Thread

#2701 Post by mikemontrealer » 29 Jun 2020 17:56

flight50 wrote:
29 Jun 2020 17:37
Moh has a point that Idaho had a jump. But it was already rolling before we started getting good blogs. It would be the first dlc to surpass 300 pages for its lifetime though. The dlc is not even out and we still piling stuff in. What until we really have experience to to talk about stuff.

From what I am seeing so far, I think SCS redeems themselves from Utah. You really can't make a state have cities like Washington and that is what Utah keeps getting compared to. Utah is Utah. I look forward to getting North of I-84 in Idaho for sure. I agree with Shiva that McCall could have been a small mapped town. SCS has proved that size doesn't matter. To me, its about location and what does that particular city really bring to the game.
I agree. I think just being able to get from Utah to the PNW and back without detouring around Idaho will be a huge help in making Utah more attractive in general, too.

Shiva
Posts: 1799
Joined: 21 Dec 2018 16:16

Re: Idaho Discussion Thread

#2702 Post by Shiva » 29 Jun 2020 18:00

We did see that it is just a scenery, @ThatWeirdTrucker.

I wish for cities, towns, villages. Like Portland OR and Vancouver WA.
Those twin cities, either divided by a river, or just a state border.

Even tho Idaho might not have more of those, than Coeur d'Alene ID and Spokane WA.

Regarding Utah? I think it rocks. And even more with the coming updates to it.
Icing of the cake would be connection between US-89 and US-191 by ID-12, ID-24, ID-95. Someday in the future? I wish :)
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

ThatWeirdTrucker
Posts: 472
Joined: 08 Dec 2019 17:45

Re: Idaho Discussion Thread

#2703 Post by ThatWeirdTrucker » 29 Jun 2020 18:35

As someone said a while back UT-56 was a "step in the right direction" which I agree. Tremonton and UT-30 was a blessing.

plinio.lisboa.br
Posts: 692
Joined: 15 May 2019 16:27
Location: Agua Boa, MT, Brazil

Re: McCall urban

#2704 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 29 Jun 2020 18:53

I agree with what was said the city of McCall could be placed on the map it would be very attractive to have that city with that lake and also the issue of cargo.

1. Broken Horn Brewing Company - brewery.
Site: https://www.brokenhornbrewing.com/home.html
Google maps
https://www.google.com/maps/@44.8956402 ... a=!3m1!1e3
brewing beers on a commercial scale maybe small and medium size so you need ingredients to make beer it would be interesting to look for hop suppliers in the western United States.
Perhaps it might be possible suppliers: https://www.usahops.org/growers/


2. Airport - McCall
Google maps
https://www.google.com/maps/@44.8896989 ... a=!3m1!1e3



3. Franklin Building Supply - building supply store
Google maps
https://www.google.com/maps/@44.8602567 ... a=!3m1!1e3

Street view - Franklin Building Supply -
https://www.google.com/maps/@44.8611722 ... 312!8i6656

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.8607861 ... 312!8i6656




4. Rocky Mountain Crane - Equipment Rental cranes
Site: https://rockymtncranes.com/
Street view
https://www.google.com/maps/@44.8606316 ... 312!8i6656



5. Franz Witte McCall - landscaping plant producer. Retail and wholesale nursery.
Site: https://www.franzwitte.com/mccall Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FranzWitteMcCall/
https://www.google.com/maps/@44.889702, ... a=!3m1!1e3
produces landscaping plants suitable for mountainous areas in the state of idaho.
Products: https://www.franzwitte.com/garden-cente ... ry-gallery
Photo truck transport: https://www.facebook.com/FranzWitteMcCa ... =3&theater

Boise
https://www.google.com/maps/@43.6807996 ... a=!3m1!1e3
It would be possible for game purposes to arrange for some plants to be transferred from Boise to that city of McCall.
Also the opposite direction some plants, and mainly inputs leaving McCall and going to Boise.




7. Albertsons - Market
https://www.google.com/maps/@44.9091672 ... 312!8i6656
Last edited by plinio.lisboa.br on 30 Jun 2020 01:38, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
alecwarper
Posts: 77
Joined: 04 Nov 2017 02:39
Location: Boulder, Colorado

Re: Idaho Discussion Thread

#2705 Post by alecwarper » 29 Jun 2020 22:08

*puts on bookkeeping hat*

What are the chances you think we'll see the Idaho release date announcement blog this week?

If I was a betting man I'd bet 20% chance it'll be announced tomorrow. 30% chance it'll be announced by Friday, 50% chance it'll be announced by next Tuesday, and 80% chance it'll be announced by next Friday. I'd be VERY surprised if it was later than that.

I think the biggest thing holding Idaho back is that 1.38 OB hasn't been out for very long, and even though it's not a huge change by any means, still probably needs some time in beta. I wouldn't be surprised if like New Mexico 1.38 is released at the same time as Idaho.

Shiva
Posts: 1799
Joined: 21 Dec 2018 16:16

Re: Idaho Discussion Thread

#2706 Post by Shiva » 29 Jun 2020 22:11

I think it will depend when 1:38 goes out of the beta.
And yeah, alecwarper, it could be the same day?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

ThatWeirdTrucker
Posts: 472
Joined: 08 Dec 2019 17:45

Re: Idaho Discussion Thread

#2707 Post by ThatWeirdTrucker » 29 Jun 2020 22:13

Well, they did post an Idaho blog on Sunday so I think something big about Idaho is coming this week.

Shiva
Posts: 1799
Joined: 21 Dec 2018 16:16

Re: Idaho Discussion Thread

#2708 Post by Shiva » 29 Jun 2020 22:34

There was a Lille, ETS2 blog on a saturday.
So, maybe, maybe not, something big about Idaho DLC this week.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

User avatar
alecwarper
Posts: 77
Joined: 04 Nov 2017 02:39
Location: Boulder, Colorado

Re: Idaho Discussion Thread

#2709 Post by alecwarper » 29 Jun 2020 22:37

@Shiva Personally I think that's the most likely, that it comes out the same day, because really other than SSAO, and Las Vegas, 1.38 is basically just the Idaho update. It's not like 1.37 which reworked the sound of the entire game, or anything like that. 1.38 for ETS2 has even less. Heck, even 1.36 had more in it. I'd be very surprised if they didn't release 1.38 on either the day of Idaho's release, or RIGHT before.

@ThatWeirdTrucker That's kinda what I figured. Saturday blogs are really rare, but Sunday blogs?? Basically unheard of. That's sorta their last second blog post before something big comes. They did that with Washington before it's release, I believe.

Shiva
Posts: 1799
Joined: 21 Dec 2018 16:16

Re: Idaho Discussion Thread

#2710 Post by Shiva » 29 Jun 2020 23:24

Washington DLC?
Saturday, June 1, 2019. Washington: Grand Coulee Dam
Tuesday, June 4, 2019. Washington Announcement "Release date announcement"
Saturday, June 8, 2019. Washington: Infrastructure
Monday, June 10, 2019. American Truck Simulator Update 1.35 "1.35 goes live"
Tuesday, June 11, 2019. Washington Released!

Sleep fail, so awake and decided to check it up.

I can almost smell Idaho DLC.
Or is it something else? windows are open.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Post Reply

Return to “General discussion about the game”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Fawls, J.Random, Rockatansky6 and 5 guests