Idaho Discussion Thread

howey

Re: Idaho Discussion Thread

#3961 Post by howey » 17 Jul 2020 10:08

Haven't been on the forum for a week or so as i have been working alot and also trying to avoid any Idaho teasers that would ruin the gameplay experience for me.

When it comes to negative thoughts about the game and SCS itself i try and keep it to myself but about Idaho i hate the say it but this has to be the worst map DLC thus far due to how bland they went about it.

Only found 1 new cargo overall for the newer style trailers which was for the hoppers and nothing for flatbeds which considering how they highlighted on about the farming industry and even the wood/forestry industry being a key factor to the state and these type of trailers being a key factor to these two industries is piss poor effort.

No new industries or companies another poor effort on this DLC considering how more vocal it has become especially in recent times i would of thought they would of added a couple of new industry related companies for the state not just copy and paste the same ones again. One of the biggest factors I and i'm sure many others on here and ATS social media platforms look for in new map DLC's are new companies and industries to explore within the state or state related and to just use the same one's again is disappointing big time.

Even the selection and placement of the companies they used is questionable imo. There should of been a A-steel or Steeler prefab in Boise and to have a A-Steel & Steeler prefab in Lewiston is a odd decision imo.

Don't get wrong the road network, scenery and even the road signs are beautiful from what i have seen of Idaho so far but from my perspective overall a disappointing result. Sorry SCS i just hope 1.39 and Colorado can make up for it this year.
TINO

#3962 Post by TINO » 17 Jul 2020 10:09

@krmarci It's been in the game since OR or WA. :)
Keelocs

#3963 Post by Keelocs » 17 Jul 2020 10:25

¡¡¡OMG!!! I don't stay at home... I can't drive. I can't complete this event. :_(
¡Great job to all!

¡Thanks SCS Software Team!
¡Well done!
FS98

#3964 Post by FS98 » 17 Jul 2020 10:38

flight50 wrote: 16 Jul 2020 20:18 Why is this a surprise? It should be in.
I think you misunderstood, I'm referring to something added in on US 95 leading somewhere, without spoiling too much of it :D
ETS2 Player Since: 18 May, 2014
ATS Player Since: 7 Feb, 2016

Current ETS2 Truck: Volvo FH16
Current ATS Truck: Freightliner Cascadia

Previous ATS Truck: Peterbilt 579 (137,917 mi)
killingjoke28336

#3965 Post by killingjoke28336 » 17 Jul 2020 10:38

I really don't care about new companies at all. I want more roads to drive on, so every DLC is welcomed with open arms. The scenery is the most beautiful to date I think. And SSAO is a step in the right direction. I hope they really introduce lots of graphic enhancements in the 1.39 patch, and for the users with older system they just have to implement options like they did with SSAO. If your PC can't handle it turn it off or use lower settings. Or just upgrade your system. SCS will be doing more graphic intense stuff so you better get your hardware ready for the game in the future.
mackintosh

#3966 Post by mackintosh » 17 Jul 2020 10:44

I'm afraid I'm in this camp, too. New companies don't really do anything for me. Roads, trucks and trailers, that's what I need. Companies are just some prefabs I stop at for all of 30 seconds in between barreling down a turnpike or tipping over on tight mountainous passes.
plykkegaard

#3967 Post by plykkegaard » 17 Jul 2020 10:48

killingjoke28336 wrote: 17 Jul 2020 10:38 If your PC can't handle it turn it off or use lower settings.
Exactly my old HD7970 is doing fine on lower settings except when I need to close the game due to overheating with tons of strange artifacts as a result
Yes the card is past its prime time and close to fail upon me, a new (old) replacement is on the shelve, only time is what is needed

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
bigkast

#3968 Post by bigkast » 17 Jul 2020 11:09

flight50 wrote: 17 Jul 2020 01:25 @harishw8r well that is nice to hear about ID-75. I will be saving that one for later as in 1-2 weeks from now. It looks like one of the best roads in Idaho.

SCS warned us about SSAO so to say it has problems is more than likely the result of a weaker pc. SCS told us that its optional and that its a hit on the PC when it came out in beta. If there are issues, go back to the way you played before SSAO released. There is an off option so SSAO is not a must. My pc takes a hit and I'd say my pc is pretty good. If my fps drops to 40-50 I am sure weaker pc's drops to 20 or worse. Not all graphic setting suite everyone. Modify to your needs.
I tested it today - stopping each time when the fps drop appears and turning SSAO off Result: FPS are back.
My pc can handle races in GPU resource hungry ACC with high settings...

And it´s mainly when I´m entering areas where a lots of trees, bushes and grass is around. A lot of work for GPU, when it has to add many, many shadows to them. Perhaps a lack of optimization of this 3d models.
So my way to handle the fps drops until they may fix it:

"If you drive in Idaho,
turn off the SSAO" ;) :lol:
Last edited by bigkast on 17 Jul 2020 11:25, edited 4 times in total.
LAFAYET47

#3969 Post by LAFAYET47 » 17 Jul 2020 11:10

FS98 wrote: 17 Jul 2020 10:38 I think you misunderstood, I'm referring to something added in on US 95 leading somewhere, without spoiling too much of it :D
So we can keep driving north of Sandpoint until Canadian border? Interesting :lol:
luetze

#3970 Post by luetze » 17 Jul 2020 11:43

killingjoke28336 wrote: 17 Jul 2020 10:38 If your PC can't handle it turn it off or use lower settings. Or just upgrade your system. SCS will be doing more graphic intense stuff so you better get your hardware ready for the game in the future.
You’re jumping too short here imo. It seems the game performance drops not because the Idaho DLC is visually such a breathtaking jump in comparison to other map DLCs (not to mention Sierra Nevada mod and others) and therefore it’s inevitably needs more power under the hood but because it it’s not optimized well.

Moreover the post from bigkast (#3968) shows the SSAO issue on FPS well. And honestly does the result justify these drops? Subjectively perceived I’d say no. There are more impressive graphic changes I’ve seen in the game due to some mods (Fael environment for ETS2 i.e.) which eat less resources than SSAO.

To make it short I think there is still room to improve the game graphics without such big tradeoffs regarding the performance.
Last edited by luetze on 17 Jul 2020 11:44, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”