Idaho Discussion Thread

LAFAYET47

Re: Idaho Discussion Thread

#4381 Post by LAFAYET47 » 03 Aug 2020 10:01

With the current game mechanics, yes you can.
Shiva

#4382 Post by Shiva » 03 Aug 2020 13:58

I would have guessed that potatoes can be grown almost everywhere in USA.
Maybe except in deserts.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#4383 Post by flight50 » 03 Aug 2020 14:02

I just completed my goal for this event yesterday. I made sure I took my time. So I have seen all the major roads now. Lots of good roads in Idaho. Very scenic dlc and very time consuming. US-93 to Salmon and ID-75 are among the best roads in ATS. They have the elevation, twists and turns that I expected. White Bird missed the mark on elevation. There are references out there to have gotten it better. There are typography maps and videos of White Bird. They didn't use their references. Otherwise, White Bird is a well done road. I like ID-55 and ID-51 as well. Simple but nicely done on the open road. Its going to be nice to get to the Great Plains so that things won't be as time consuming landscape wise. The map designers can focus on roads and small towns vs all the massive details that have to go into the mountains states. So Eastern Colorado, Wyoming, Montana and Texas should all mix well with Eastern New Mexico. I hope Eastern New Mexico gets life pumped into it once Texas comes. It will need active oil & gas prefabs and what ever other industries they can throw at it.
LAFAYET47 wrote: 03 Aug 2020 09:18 that´s because potatoes spawn in Sunshine Crops company which is everywhere in the map. It´s a shame that SCS didn´t make any new company in Idaho.
Yessss indeed. I visited Bushnell in Salmon yesterday and I love the prefab. It has like 4 entrances. Very creative. Best prefab in the game in regards to this level of accessibility. At least from what I've seen so far. I haven't all Idaho prefabs nor all in game yet. I hope to see a lot more like this. Perhaps even more complex. This prefab could have easily been a new company. Its nothing like what we have in the game so far. In fact, there are many new prefabs in Idaho yet SCS chose to continue under the same existing names we already have. I seriously don't understand this logic. Only thing I can think of is to avoid spending time adjusting the economy or re-configuring the def files. There are some really nice prefabs in Idaho that could have been new companies but I'll never understand why they went the route they did and went against it. I am 99.9% sure, Iberia won't be like that.

@Shiva Every climate has its pros and cons. Each region of the US grows what works best for that area. Some crops are interchangeable and farmers grow based on soil and environmental conditions. There can be several factors though.
plykkegaard

#4384 Post by plykkegaard » 03 Aug 2020 14:21

Exactly my point SCS really need to fix this issue with very limited potato cargo to transport out of Idaho (and Washington)
Idaho and Washington together produces more than 58% of all potatoes grown in US soil

Code: Select all

California .........	  3,2120
Colorado ...........	 21,7220
Florida ............	  5,5120
Idaho ..............	141,7500
Maine ..............	 15,0350
Michigan ...........	 18,2400
Minnesota ..........	 18,7050
Montana ............	  3,8850
Nebraska ...........	  9,2640
New York ...........	  3,8860
North Dakota .......	 23,7250
Oregon .............	 27,0000
Texas ..............	  7,4380
Washington .........	100,8000
Wisconsin ..........	 27,1350

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Vinnie Terranova

#4385 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 03 Aug 2020 14:27

Mohegan13 wrote: 01 Aug 2020 16:28 Isn't there already an easter egg topic for ATS in general?
I think I started one some time ago... :-D
flight50 wrote: 03 Aug 2020 14:02In fact, there are many new prefabs in Idaho yet SCS chose to continue under the same existing names we already have.
Are you sure those are new prefabs? In the Under the Hood: How to Build a "Functional" Area for a Truck Simulator SCS wrote:
Right now we're trying to create depots that are as unique as possible. Since Oregon, these have consisted of a core area on which the player drives his/her truck, while additional parts are created and placed manually from suitable assets by the Map Designer responsible for this part of the map. Thanks to this we are able to create a more immersive experience for the player and give them a feeling of navigating within a large complex. Dividing the depot into parts also helps us to better customize and optimize it.
So a prefab may seem to be new, but as the prefabs are made more modular (I believe this is also mentioned in one of the blogs), it is also possible that it is in fact an old prefab with some modular buildings placed upon. As a result of that the prefab looks new, but in fact it isn't.
flight50

#4386 Post by flight50 » 03 Aug 2020 20:25

I am not sure if they are new or not, the ones I speak of. I haven't visited all prefabs in the game so I could be completely wrong too. I still have several un-visited prefabs though. The one I mentioned above in Salmon is this one below. I have never seen this one before. If its modular, then so be it but yes this complexity, we need more. It does give the vibe that its a totally new prefab. But it still the same company. Might as well copy it and make a new company at the same time. I use the term new prefab but I could state new layout in general too. But since I don't recall the prefab, its new for me but could be old for you guys. The way they disguise some prefabs does make things more modular and it works. I've been noticing new layouts for sure with Coastline Mining. But I visit enough of those to the point I an tell they just made new layouts for them.

I love the multiple entrances though. I don't know were all the drop offs and pickup spawning locations are but I like this.

[ external image ]
Vinnie Terranova

#4387 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 03 Aug 2020 21:02

West of Kennewick (US-97?) is also this huge Bushnell prefab, and it looks like the Salmon prefab is an exact copy of the Kennewick prefab. Actually there are three entrances: the arrows you draw are just roads to those three entrances. I guess one spawning point is between the three biggest buildings that are positioned in a U-shape.
flight50

#4388 Post by flight50 » 04 Aug 2020 02:07

Yep, you're definitely right. Man I try to get the devs some credit for a new prefab and you prove they still didn't give anything new, lol. I am sure all the other prefabs I try giving credit to, could just be ones I have not encountered yet as well. So I guess I have to go back to my before release complaint in saying that no new prefabs came with Idaho.

But yes, my US-97 farm is not discovered yet so I didn't recognize it in Salmon. What I have started doing since Idaho released though, instead of going thru the list to to decide what load I want to haul, I did start to go to undiscovered prefabs in the town I just dropped off to instead of taking trailers that normally like to haul. If I have discovered all prefabs in (x) town, then I go with trailers I like to haul. If a town is close to another that has an undiscovered prefab, I bobtail it to that town to discover.

[ external image ]
Shiva

#4389 Post by Shiva » 04 Aug 2020 14:01

Yeah, the 1 south of Yakima has the same base prefab, but the surroundings etc different.
Took a screenshot of it, but sunny weather and a bit different direction that flight50. So not posting it.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
KnuteOle

#4390 Post by KnuteOle » 04 Aug 2020 14:49

If a prefab is already in the game, isn't that a postfab? :shock:
Visit my World of Trucks profile and say hi!
https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4918521

Return to “General discussion about the game”