Idaho Discussion Thread

NiamhFox

Re: Idaho Discussion Thread

#4111 Post by NiamhFox » 18 Jul 2020 18:25

Despite the 45 fps in some places and the smallest map so far for me Idaho is the best dlc, just wanted to give my appreciation to SCS, I hope Colorado will be as detailed and stunning as Idaho. thanks for the great job!

Edit: Forgot to share my feedback about the viewpoint feature: I love it! It's a very nice addtion and give to the game more immersion In my opinion.
Quark

#4112 Post by Quark » 18 Jul 2020 19:00

Based on that what you can already see of south west Colorado when you get past the xxx barriers i believe it will look even more detailed and stunning than
Idaho already does.
parasaurolophus67

#4113 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 18 Jul 2020 19:37

I finished the personal event it was pretty easy just took a few days at a time. Despite the lag i get BUT it improved alittle as I stayed in Idaho. I LOVE THIS STATE! Its very beautiful! My favorite area is the Idaho falls waterfall. Just love how wide and loud it is! Also the viewpoint feature is pretty good. I wasn't into it much when it was first mentioned. But after using it a couple of times its not that bad. Great job SCS! Hope to see more awesome details on the next DLC!
flight50

#4114 Post by flight50 » 18 Jul 2020 19:38

@Quark that is a HUGE statement. Lets hope you are right. Idaho definitely raised the bar and I honestly expect Colorado to do the same. But if you look at it, Idaho is the first 100% full dx11 ready dlc for both games. So this should be the new norm. But please, stop there. The game looks great. You achieved the look of the future and it can hold for the next 5-10 years imo. Lets focus on other aspects to get the game to get better overall rounded game to match the graphics.

I sure hope SCS doubles back to Idaho to add new companies or swap them out as new companies and industries come. So I agree with the comments that said the foundation is laid with Idaho. I see a ton on new interesting non functioning prefabs in Idaho. For example a couple of hospitals. Now ATS probably doesn't have enough states in the game to benefit from medical but Healthcare is one of big industries for Idaho. If Colorado also get a few hosipitals, that sets things up for Texas to bring Healthcare. Houston, Tx is HUGE on it. One of the largest networks in the country. Dallas has quite a bit to. That could be enough to upgrade Colorado and Idaho prefabs to functional prefabs. We could see Zereva CliniCal by then.
saur44l

#4115 Post by saur44l » 18 Jul 2020 20:28

Frankly I don't mind that there were no new companies(or names I should say),it seems that they have decided to use some of the names from the other dlc's and make a new prefabs for some of the older ones,And I have to say that I prefer this approach over the one in ETS2 were you have new names for every new map dlc.What I would like to see(now that we have more complex prefabs and different types of trailers)is more parking spots at the companies yards,and the place were you are going to park would depend upon the type of the trailer that you are hauling.Maybe for some of the prefabs,instead of that green line you were to receive the number of the dock were to park and etc.
Speaking of the future look of the next dlc's,by all means they should continue like they are doing right now,always strife for more.Back when New Mexico was released some folks were worried that if ATS next dlc's would be made with such attention to details,it would mean that they were never going to finish future map dlc's in reasonable time frame,yet now we have maps that are way better looking and on top of that multiple map teams that right now are capable of delivering two maps per year.So my opinion,do improve your future maps,but at the same time try to optimize them even further.Before the release of Idaho some folks were worried how the fans would react due to lack of some features,and look at the reception the map is having right now.
JackBurton

#4116 Post by JackBurton » 18 Jul 2020 20:37

I just took a few loads in and out of Salmon. That area is indescribably beautiful. Montana is going to be incredible.

My opinion is that Idaho is the best DLC released so far for either game.
flight50

#4117 Post by flight50 » 18 Jul 2020 21:15

@saur44l the reception Idaho is getting is positive in for visuals. They did a great job there. Everyone that speaks highly of it, including myself are only looking at the visuals. But there are many others of us that also looks at the economy side of it. Not everyone cares but there are enough of us that do to make a strong statement for it. No one can deny the visuals, we get that....I get that. Idaho hit the mark there. Look beyond the visuals though. Had Idaho been at Washington level, would people still say the same or would the lack of become more obvious? Everyone is stuck on the visuals and that won't always carry a game. I still can't figure out how Minecraft is such as popular game but it goes to show, its about the game play.l

I too would love more complex prefabs. I mentioned this for Idaho's forest as there is tons of space. Enough of it that it equals the size of New Jersey but where is it. I would have thought we'd get at least 5-10% of Idaho's forest in the game. This didn't even remotely happen. If we get complex forest, it will be at the hands of a mod in either the US or in Canada. But why can't we have both. More new companies and complex prefabs. Why limit things to just visuals. There are other fascinating things to bring to life in ATS than just a pretty game. Just because the Idaho is pretty, doesn't make me play more/longer.

As much as I love ATS and contribute ideas, for me to be disappointed like I am, something really has to be wrong. I can't give Idaho the 9.5+/10 I'd like. I can only give it a solid 8/10 thus far. As I discover more of it, a 8.5 might come about. That is still a great score but it could have been much better.
xyzan

#4118 Post by xyzan » 18 Jul 2020 21:34

I've finished personal part of the event with aroung 1600miles. Now comes time to explore Idaho in much slower pace, not beeing in any hurry. It looks stunning.
Tails

#4119 Post by Tails » 18 Jul 2020 21:39

finally finished my task to find a job to deliver to Ketchum that had over 100 mile distance drive. I almost thought that I was going to fail this task.
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
Sora

#4120 Post by Sora » 18 Jul 2020 22:57

For a road that probably only exists to ensure that there's more than one connection between Idaho and the base map, NV 225 is surprisingly cute.

Only problem is that it drops you off in the base map, but at least Elko -- unlike Winnemucca -- has a garage, is easy to pass through, and is closer to Utah.

Return to “General discussion about the game”