Idaho Discussion Thread

Bedavd

Re: Idaho Discussion Thread

#1611 Post by Bedavd » 21 May 2020 23:35

@Robinicus, @FrancescoMasci is exactly right though. That’s the idea. Plus they never show anything major exclusively on one platform. Maybe Instagram gets a little video and Twitter has a different screenshot, but they’re not announcing a release date only on one platform. The higher numbers, unfortunately, are one of the only ways for them to get the attention of the big companies who’ve never heard of SCS until they were approached by them. Who cares about 1,500 followers, but 15k or 150k lets parters know they’ve dealing with someone reputable.

About the blog, I love it. The landscapes are looking really good. I’m excited to see just how much they’re able to squeeze into that skinny little panhandle. I’m getting really pumped to finally take a crack at Idaho myself. They’re doing a good job of hyping my up for a state I didn’t think I’d be so excited to get.
Check out my Michigan research map!

Updates happen sporadically, but any and all feedback and advice welcome!

Robinicus

#1612 Post by Robinicus » 21 May 2020 23:49

some people just do not understand how a business runs
MS Flight Sim 2020 - Alpha test team

Don't PM me for FMOD help, ask on the forum so others can learn from it as well

My work is only on Steam

ATS Workshop

ETS2 Workshop

flight50

#1613 Post by flight50 » 22 May 2020 01:46

Not everyone is on every form of Social media. So if they spread everything out, the word will get out and word of mouth carries things. Not everyone wants or have Facebook, IG nor Twitter. The SCS blogs is the official content site. They have enough negativity there to post everything they talk about. The commenting is annoying there. I don't really care were they post because word will always get back here. I never look for it because someone always links it here. Not an issue for me even though I do have all forms of Social media they use. Doesn't mean I actually use them though nor did I sign for SCS. That's just the way the work works now....social media. Either you get it or you don't.

@Bedavd. I think SCS will be able to hype up every single state just enough. Perks goes to the research team for finding small things of interest along with things from the community to help push things along. I always like to think of ATS/ETS2 as multi platform games. Entertainment, education, tourism and sleep aid, lol.

Robinicus

#1614 Post by Robinicus » 22 May 2020 01:54

I am pretty sure I was clear in my original post about this but apparently not; I am not saying they should not use multiple forms of media, quite the contrary, the more touch points with existing and potential customers the better.

I am saying the shortfall is to share portions of information only on certain platforms instead of sharing the same information on all; it is a huge error in media penetration that was learned very early on in multi-platform exposure and is taught in pretty much any MBA course for at least the last decade. In the early days of cross promotion it was thought that approach would drive additional users and the studies on human behaviour response to this approach leaves people with a negative impression of the company as they feel others are getting preferential treatment and that they have been left out.
MS Flight Sim 2020 - Alpha test team

Don't PM me for FMOD help, ask on the forum so others can learn from it as well

My work is only on Steam

ATS Workshop

ETS2 Workshop

flight50

#1615 Post by flight50 » 22 May 2020 06:18

Something else I just noticed in today's blog that seems a bit off.
1) Only one stop sign present. There will always be a corresponding top sign on the opposite side of the road for the oncoming traffic. At least 2 signs need to be present unless it a 4-way all stop.
2) Correct me if I am wrong but there looks to be (3) traffic light/device control boxes but no traffic lights. If those are not for traffic lights, they go to something that requires power at that intersection that doesn't exist.
3) the truck with the ladder. If he is not installing a 4 way traffic light, this truck is out of place along with the control boxes. He can't be pruning a tree because that's not the right type of truck if I am not mistaking. They'd use a boom arm truck and not an extending ladder truck. Its not exactly clear what the truck is doing but it does seem to be out of place from my standpoint.
4) that entrance to the logging camp might be too close to the 4-way. If even one car stops, that could prevent a truck from gaining access if they are coming from any of those directions. There may even be a minimum distance in which a road can be from an intersection. I am sure someone with traffic knowledge can chime in on this part.

meistroracer88

#1616 Post by meistroracer88 » 22 May 2020 07:31

@flight50 I didn't pay much attention to details, but later on I would of noticed if and when we get Idaho. I'd be like what the. Everything you posted with image, are correct. What the heck is that electrical truck doing over by the trees. I don't see Electrical post. Hey dude electrical boxes are over here and across the road. Oh look, I guess that's SCS way stating W.I.P. work in process....but other than this sure does look good.

Bedavd

#1617 Post by Bedavd » 22 May 2020 13:21

I agree with points 1 and 2. 3 is correct, but if it stayed in the final product I’d be able to live with it. 4 is also probably correct, but I kinda like the layout of the intersection. It feels much more patchwork, unofficial trail to a rugged logging camp when it’s just intersects the road wherever it comes out of the trees. But that’s just me.
Check out my Michigan research map!

Updates happen sporadically, but any and all feedback and advice welcome!

flight50

#1618 Post by flight50 » 22 May 2020 13:33

I too like the entrance. Its unorthodox and cool but I think its in violation is all I'm pointing out. I can just see someone having to wait ages for traffic to clear that spot. and don't use traffic mods. IMO, it would be better to relocate that entrance to look like the below. Move the tree over to the current entrance and move the dirt road entrance after the intersection instead of before the intersection.

gandalf7472000

#1619 Post by gandalf7472000 » 22 May 2020 13:34

Irelevant, but are those boxes at the left beehives? and if they are, should they be so close to the road?
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan

flight50

#1620 Post by flight50 » 22 May 2020 13:57

Beehives typically are on someone's property and not the city's if I am not mistaken. I like the prop though. But with that said, I am sure SCS referenced this from somewhere so they might be just duplicating the scene. Some could be true just as some could be fictional. Unless we knew that exact location to Google Street view, no telling.

Return to “General discussion about the game”