Idaho Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Idaho Discussion

#31 Post by flight50 » 15 Jun 2019 15:34

Nah me either angrybirdseller. Idaho definitely should not out do either of those states. Even if SCS puts in a lot, they should be scenic and not mapped. Idaho should not appear to be more than what it is in comparison to states we already have in the game. But yes, I'd put more effort into both Texas and Colorado too because that is where the biggest push will come up next I bet. I know people want Montana and Wyoming before Texas to box up the map but I don't think it will happen that way. My gut feeling is that those two will fill in after Texas. Why? Pavel wants to go East to get to Florida. He stated this in a couple of stream so far. So after Texas is completed, 1 team goes East, 1 team goes Northeast and the other fills in the North. Spreading out across the US in a staggered step pattern is probably the best way to get East the fastest. Along the Southern corridor first then up the East cost. So that would make the MidWest the last parts to get filled in as all the teams start meet up at the Great Lake states. I am putting Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio as the last states to make the map. Before anyone jokes about it, no, I don't have anything against those states. I'm just thinking about map team conflicts and getting around sector issues.
Last edited by flight50 on 17 Jun 2019 13:51, edited 1 time in total.

Freeze338

#32 Post by Freeze338 » 15 Jun 2019 17:21

flight50 wrote:
14 Jun 2019 12:49
@Freeze338. The team that did Oregon is both the same team that did Washington and Utah. The team split after Oregon. Some branched off for Washington during the process of developing Oregon just as a few probably branched off to do Utah while doing Oregon. So sense Washington released first, they would probably be considered Team one or Team North.
So you are saying a map team made Washington in 8 months with that detailed?

flight50

#33 Post by flight50 » 15 Jun 2019 18:26

I never said that. Washington was started in May of 2018. I don't know where you got 8 months from. You can't go by when SCS announced it up to release. They start dlc's well before they announce it. How do you think they have screenshots to show us when they announce stuff. They don't create it in 1 day ya know. In the Stream for Washington Patrik confirmed that Washington was started in May of 2018. You can also see when SCS teased it on Twitter here. Look at the bottom of the pic for the Twitter link and check out the date. Washington was started during the development of Oregon. Oregon didn't release until Oct of 2018. The teams officially split after Oregon.

angrybirdseller

#34 Post by angrybirdseller » 15 Jun 2019 19:45

I took a year to create Washington, but Idaho wont take as long most of assets for Idaho are going to be Oregon, Washington, Utah and set of unique assets for Idaho itself. Idaho is scrubland along I-84 and lot of farming as well, but northern Idaho is forest and small settlements. Idaho will come in 2020 in the summer. If scs is smart release one map in summer and another in winter. After I have Idaho and Colorado then more of us be too busy driving as corridor effect will be diminished greatly.

flight50

#35 Post by flight50 » 15 Jun 2019 21:03

Yep. I got Idaho as the 2020 summer map and Colorado as the 2020 winter map. I too also think Idaho will not take 12 months. I got it taking 10-11 months.

ArikTheBuilder

#36 Post by ArikTheBuilder » 16 Jun 2019 05:32

I put my bet for something like 14 cities in Idaho, as Washington proved to be a good example of sticking 16 cities in such not so big space, would be interesting to see how it'w all getting applied, but I guess that we will need to wait for next year! I think that it will come in a timeframe like Washington if reseaech and asset making have began and now the Washington team will (probably) move to there as well.
Developing France, Denmark and bits of Belgium in EuRoadNet. 🇫🇷🇩🇰🇧🇪
Translating ETS2 and ATS into Hebrew. 🇮🇱
And stuff

Izmaragon

#37 Post by Izmaragon » 16 Jun 2019 12:21

I dont know....
Its Idaho...

That being said, what would it possibly include?

Highways 2, 12, 95 at least.

I-90, 84 and 15 among others.

CDA, Sandpoint, Lewiston, Boise, Pocatello, Idaho Falls, Twin Falls and possibly others.

Purely in the speculation station of course.
My WoT

Show trucks are working trucks, they simply do the same job in a slightly more noticeable and stylish fashion.

flight50

#38 Post by flight50 » 16 Jun 2019 14:27

Yeah, those are pretty much the cities I said Izmaragon. You also said what I said.....it's Idaho. There shouldn't be the same development time put into Idaho like Washington. Boise being its largest city, is smaller than the suburb I live in here in Dallas, Tx. If Idaho has more than 10-12 cities marked cities, they went over kill. Idaho will be great for what it is. SCS made something out of NM and turned out great. Now Idaho has much better scenery than NM but still, it's just not a busy enough state to spent 12+ months on. The amount of people it will take to do Idaho is probably half of what it took to do Washington. 8 did Washington so 5-6 could do Idaho and reassign others elsewhere to start pre-production. There are many other options to get things started...Wyoming, Montana, Colorado and Texas. Of those, I am sure we will hear something from 2nd half of next year.

LAFAYET47

#39 Post by LAFAYET47 » 16 Jun 2019 17:35

what do you guys think about this map? --> https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... image0.png

phylip25

#40 Post by phylip25 » 16 Jun 2019 18:58

I like it! :-D Not bad.

Return to “General discussion about the game”