ATS concept map (fanmade)

flight50

Re: My ATS concept map for future state DLCs

#21 Post by flight50 » 10 Jul 2019 23:45

Everytime I see this map I am super impressed and I get super pumped....like super pumped, lol. I love what potential lies ahead. Your giving a little hope to people that can not visualize the possible road network coming. As I stated earlier, SCS will even be looking in on this to note the spacing you achieved. They can use your map as a stage one preliminary rough draft. Cities can change slightly but roads are nicely spread out the way they should be. I really wish SCS did large dots for big cities, smaller dots for smaller cities and still nothing for scenic.

I agree that Laramie is a city to be marked. At the same time I agree with ads678 not to add it as marked. Its close to Cheyenne so it could be on the bubble. Laramie could be a large scenic town worst case. It can be marked as well but if it jeopardizes Cheyenne due to scale, leave it scenic. There are a few cities that are close proxmity in the game already so the two can exist as marked perhaps. I am thinking, SCS squeezes it in though. But its not my concept map. Do what you think ads678, this is your map man. Don't feel obligated to change if you don't agree with our comments.

I also agree with the city quantity ads678 mapped. Sure some can be removed or added, but everything is nicely spread out. Just because the population says small, the state itself is not small. The industries and areas these industries are in, is what should drive pickup/drop off cities. The city count does not have to match the population density. Marked cities or not marked, SCS will create what fits.

@maskedmcgee. I 100% agree. This is 2019 and mapping standards has had the bar raised the past 3 years. Why hold back if you don't have to. If it fits, add it. Day one release or later. That is how and why people come back to support map dlcs.
Shiva

#22 Post by Shiva » 11 Jul 2019 00:35

CodArk2, Corsicana, might be way too close to Dallas.
Conroe? that's very close to Houston.
Huntsville? a little bit better, but still close.
Depends on how and if the ring roads are made, around Houston.
Madisonville and or Fairfield should be far enough from Dallas and Houston.

Laramie and Cheyenne in Wyoming? possible. But they are close.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#23 Post by flight50 » 11 Jul 2019 01:19

I honestly don't think there is enough space to do both ring roads around Houston. At least in full. The 610 is all we need but I also don't know where all the trucking possibilities are in Houston either. Let Houston stretch out. Without the second loop, Galveston has a better chance to be marked. Same with the outher cities South of Houston. Being on the coast, SCS could stretch into the water like they have with Oregon and the strectching they did in Washington. But game map and display map do not have the same scale. It's just the appearance from the display map that makes it seem like SCS mapped over water.
Shiva

#24 Post by Shiva » 11 Jul 2019 01:52

flight50, 1 ring road for Houston? on that I agree.
2 would take way too much space.

Baltic DLC, in my opinion it has so far, the best 1/2 ring road ingame: Helsinki.
And Saint Petersburg, Russia, it has a well done full ring road.
Sadly ring roads take a lot of space. "Rennes, France for example"
Worst example, in my opinion is Göteborg, Sweden, partial ring road.
Göteborg is nicely done, but that road, it takes disastrously too much space.

SH 173, SH 97, SH 123, SH 46 and SH 16. Around San Antonio.
Is the closest I get for a place that could.... almost, have 2 ring roads in USA.
If that route can be counted as a ring road.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Bandera ... 81395,10z/
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
flight50

#25 Post by flight50 » 11 Jul 2019 02:43

The hard part about ring roads in the US are the massive interchanges that take place because all the major Interstates go thru US cities. The ring roads then go around them connecting up the Interstates. US interchanges take up a ton of room and with mega cities there are several interchages that run into these ring roads. SCS simply can't add all these interchanges.
CodArk2

#26 Post by CodArk2 » 11 Jul 2019 02:46

Houston has (or will have) 3 ring roads, loop 610, Beltway 8, and the Grand Parkway (State highway 99). Loop 610 is always in view of downtown and is very urban and busy. Beltway 8 goes through suburbs and is a toll road, so I don't see Beltway 8 getting in. Grand parkway is not finished yet and is mostly in outer suburbs or rural areas around Houston, so I don't see it getting in.

I don't see 2 ring roads being in, they can just put in 610, that will give a good feel for the city of Houston. As flight50 above said, with 610 you can get Galveston (or Texas City) marked.

As for the cities I listed, I am using Washington and Cali as benchmarks, Aberdeen is 50 miles form Olympia, Olympia is 30 miles form tacoma, which is itself 30 miles form Seattle, which is 28 miles form Everett. So you have 4 marked cities within 80 miles of each other. San Rafael in Cali is 18 miles for San Francisco but both are marked. Corsicana is 55 miles from Dallas. Conroe is 50 miles from Houston. Huntsville is 72 miles from Houston. Galveston is 50 miles from Houston, and Texas City is 40 miles. So don't see a problem with any of them being in, besides industries and placement of roads. Houston sprawl more tot he north and west , so Conroe might be considered a suburb or close satellite city, but Huntsville is well outside Houston suburbs, and Galveston /Texas City are as well. The only one that has heavy industry is Texas City, but Galveston has a port and some industry of its own, the others I am not quite as familiar with to say for sure.
Shiva

#27 Post by Shiva » 11 Jul 2019 03:06

CodArk2. If there were no ring roads, then those would be possible.
But with a ring road... then things go a bit different.

Regarding truck routes and ring roads.
Atlanta as an example:
https://dps.georgia.gov/sites/dps.georg ... ghways.pdf
Truck traffic is not allowed inside the perimeter of Atlanta.
All trucks traveling on I-75, I-85, or I-20 must take I-285 around the city, except for the following reasons:
1. Pick up or delivery to or from a shipper physically located inside I-285;
2. Going to or from the carrier's terminal facilities physically located inside I-285;
3. Going to or from a repair facility for service which is physically located inside I-285;
4. A driver going to or from his residence located within the perimeter.
I would guess that there are other cities in USA having these rules too.
flight50

Re: ATS concept map (fanmade)

#28 Post by flight50 » 11 Jul 2019 03:26

With only 610, I would love to see Texas City if it is all industrial. But with Galveston on the coast, it might be easier to mark it and let Texas City be absorbed by Galveston. I am all about industries and everything on the Gulf coast south of Houston should spread far and wide with tons of delivery options. From oil and gas to big machine parts, huge cruise line parts, energy and construction, that entire region of Galveston, TC, Baytown and Port Arthur should feel similar to Olympia, Tacoma, Seattle and Everrett. Worst case, just populate the ports and refineries on the coast if things can't go inland.

Edit: love the name change on the title.....perfect adding fanmade. Someone new to this thread can easily think SCS leaking map intents despite your water seal.
ads678

#29 Post by ads678 » 11 Jul 2019 16:01

Flight50, I would even say it is 99% chance that someone new could think that the map is official because it is official SCS forum so adding 'fanmade' is necessary.
When I posted it on Steam discussions someone said that this map is official and I just stole it from here)
flight50

#30 Post by flight50 » 11 Jul 2019 17:29

Lmao. You might just wanna keep things here then. Steam and the blogs can be a mad house of hateful comments. Just provide a link on other sites to your thread here. I hate it when people call people a lair instead of asking for clarification.

Return to “General discussion about the game”