ATS concept map (fanmade)

SmokeyWolf

Re: ATS concept map (fanmade)

#51 Post by SmokeyWolf » 12 Jul 2019 21:04

Kansas City should be in Missouri with Overland Park and Olathe repeesenting the Kansas side. Like with Texarkana it is more Texas than Arkansas so I would expect it to be in Texas. I wonder how SCS is going incorporate all 5 boroughs of NYC into ATS.
flight50

#52 Post by flight50 » 12 Jul 2019 21:20

Ads678. Are you really using a translator, lol. You're doing pretty good with communicating with us man. Your words are translating as if your a native speaker......anywho. KC will be tricky. The Missouri river isn't the same as the Columbia for Portland and Vancouver. I don't have a clue how SCS plans to tackle it. I am just speculating with everyone else. My words are just and opinion. But I have to agree with the person that said Topeka should be the last stop on I-70. Missouri has the bigger name cities and seems more appropriate to host KC, Springfield and St. Louis. If Kansas could come with Oklahoma I'd rather that to compensate. I'd rather have the whole city or nothing at all honestly. Yes each will have their own industry, but SCS can't really spread out to like they have with Albuquerque, Phoenix, Portland or even Seattle. They really need the entire city to be able to map it to a plan imo. Doesn't mean I am right but that is just my thinking. Also, ads678, it does sound strange but although it is called "Kansas City", it is more or less a Missouri city. It's one of those weird things that don't make sense here, lol. Unlike Texarkana, where people will ask which side, Texas or Arkansas. But when speaking of KC, 8 times out of 10, people are referring to the Missouri side.

@fra_ba/ads678. The following link may explain why ads678 has so many roads on his map. Kansas actually has the 4th highest total lane miles per state in the US. It may not appear to be much of a big city state, but it does have a fairly large road network. I am hoping for some good open country roads and good farming in Kansas. 18 may be a bit much I agree but there are a ton of small towns so which to add outside of Wichita, Salina, Topeka and KC, what do you add. Kansas should be loaded with a lot of small towns though. Kansas is a perfect example on why SCS could implement the large and the small dots for cities vs towns.
SmokeyWolf

#53 Post by SmokeyWolf » 12 Jul 2019 21:29

Kansas needs to come with either Liberal or Dodge City since National Beef is in both towns. Dodge has a lot more history behind it such as Wyatt Earp. I see Liberal being a scenery town instead of a marked city.
flight50

#54 Post by flight50 » 12 Jul 2019 21:39

@Larry. To spread out that industry, why not both. We soooo need the cattle industry when it comes to the Great Plains. The road system to reach one or the other is not a direct shot. I'd hope scale works for both. I'd image Liberal works because it is right off US-54. Ada678 has that road coming out of Dalhart (a nice livestock town) and it looks like a good feasible road. Dodge is off US-50. Assuming we get US-50 continued from Nevada and into Utah and Colorado, Dodge is off US-50/US-400 and it too could make it. But we really need 1 or 2 other delivery companies in those towns to make it work having them as pick up/delivery spots. Animal feed could be one along with something else.
SmokeyWolf

#55 Post by SmokeyWolf » 12 Jul 2019 21:46

Greeley Colorado is what will start the livestock industry for ATS. JBS is in Greeley.

Double Post Merged

That map is pretty spot on
Last edited by supersobes on 12 Jul 2019 22:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merged [Forum rule 2.6]
ads678

#56 Post by ads678 » 12 Jul 2019 21:54

Flight50, I guess this area around Kansas City should be the size of Portland in Oregon. I think there is enough place for it so I'd prefer to keep it there. But now I think I should replace Kansas City with Overland Park.
I use translator not much, just for some words or phrases.
CodArk2

#57 Post by CodArk2 » 12 Jul 2019 23:01

I figure cities could come down to importance and balance. For example, is KC important to Kansas? is it important to Missouri? Is it more important for one or the other? KC is the biggest city in Missouri so its obviously important for that state, but it has the name of Kansas. I still see it coming with Missouri though and maybe some outer suburb getting the nod for inclusion with Kansas.

Balance is another issue. if one state has a LOT of cities and another state has few, then they may indclude a bordering city with the state with fewer cities to bump its number up. I can actually see this happening with Texarkana: Texas has a lot of cities, Arkansas will have less, so they may have Texarkana with Arkansas if they have too few cites with Arkansas, especially since Arkansas biggest cities tend to cluster around one another (see: Little Rock/North Little Rock/Conway, Fayetteville/Springdale/Rogers/Bentonville). They may just look at the map and say " you know, maybe we should include hat in Arkansas" if they can't see a way to get many cities into the state, especially since Texas will have a lot of cities.
Last edited by CodArk2 on 13 Jul 2019 01:09, edited 2 times in total.
SmokeyWolf

#58 Post by SmokeyWolf » 12 Jul 2019 23:24

Good point @CodArk2. You also have Crosset with GP paper mill. Also have West Memphis to the east and Ft Smith to the west.
interstate trav

#59 Post by interstate trav » 12 Jul 2019 23:37

Does anyone think Limon should be in there for Colorado
rbsanford

#60 Post by rbsanford » 13 Jul 2019 00:09

I don't. It doesn't seem like there's enough in Limon to necessitate it being a marked city, but it would be perfect as a scenery town.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.

Return to “General discussion about the game”