ATS concept map (fanmade)

Shiva

Re: ATS concept map (fanmade)

#1111 Post by Shiva » 12 Aug 2021 21:30

Only destination from Evanston WY, that gets longer, sort of.. is Jackson WY. As it is ingame now. vs IRL.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
supersobes
Global moderator

#1112 Post by supersobes » 13 Aug 2021 00:00

I agree that US-30 doesn't seem particularly useful for trips that have an orgin or destination in Evanston, but I do think it gives a nice eastern access point to Logan, UT. For example, on a trip from Cheyanne to Logan, US-30 would be a perfectly viable route, IMO.
flight50

#1113 Post by flight50 » 13 Aug 2021 00:54

US-189 would have been a nice alternate. Its helps Evanston, Logan, Jackson and even Ogden. Evanston is sort of on an island. There is back tracking to go North no matter which way you go. 1:20 scale not as big of an issue as 1:1. We'll survive. At this point, I don't see US-189 coming but UT-16 is the most feasible to add. Its like adding UT-59/NV-319. Unless there are terrain model issues, I see this route as both a shortcut and scenic. https://www.google.com/maps/@41.4442594 ... 6656?hl=en
Shiva

#1114 Post by Shiva » 13 Aug 2021 06:03

flight50, they could do that road, but it would be very short and scenery would go, not so good. as far as I can tell
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Quark

#1115 Post by Quark » 13 Aug 2021 11:45

ads678 wrote: 11 Aug 2021 17:44 The map of Wyoming is revealed, so it's time to summarize. To make this comparison as fair as possible, I use older version of the map from the end of 2020 (just before Wyoming blogs started), so this is 100% based on my guesses only.
Yellow I guessed correctly, green I didn't expect, red not added to the DLC.
The absence of Cody and US-14 is really disappointing and (in my opinion) is a big mistake. So we get only 10 cities and that ugly black hole that is even bigger than the one in Utah.
Now, for the moment, excluding the absence of Cody and that part of US-14: What i can see on this map is that, overall, it exceeds your expectations, there is more green than red, it's a little denser than what you had in mind when you guessed
the layout many months ago. They closed a few bigger gaps where you thought (or expected) they would be present at the realease of the DLC, but just not the big one in north west Wyoming. It's pretty damn interesting to see how one negative
point can overshadow THIS extremely the other, positive ones. To be clear the exclusion of Cody/US-14 is a mistake no doubt but it would be just absurd if everything revolves around just that.
ads678

#1116 Post by ads678 » 13 Aug 2021 12:36

Except for the road to Devil's Tower (which I didn't know about because I'm not American), the density is exactly the same. I guessed all 10 cities correctly, Cody may be added in the future (if SCS listens to the community).
I chose US-30 (west of Medicine Bow) over WY-220 because Google Maps shows this road as more important, but i like SCS' version even more. The other difference is US-14+Cody instead of connection to Idaho via US-30, which I explained in this post viewtopic.php?p=1576232#p1576232
And that's it, everything else I gusessed correctly. I think this is my best guess so far.
flight50

#1117 Post by flight50 » 13 Aug 2021 15:57

Quark wrote: 13 Aug 2021 11:45 It's pretty damn interesting to see how one negative point can overshadow THIS extremely the other, positive ones. To be clear the exclusion of Cody/US-14 is a mistake no doubt but it would be just absurd if everything revolves around just that.
Yep, one issue can definitely cause more attention than all the good. There could be 99 great things and that 1 bad thing stops it from reaching 100. Honestly, I thinks its more about paying for a product. Although people would complain if its free, they just have less leverage to do so. YS was a big uproar and now its no Cody. Both are pretty much necessary for Wyoming to reach that top tier. If Cody and US-14 can come in the next 1-2 updates, that fixes Wyoming. If they squeezed in US-287 great. I can live without US-85. That just lets me know that ads678's map is more or less the route they might go and give us US-385, US-20 and US-26 without involving US-85. As long as we can get thru the Black Hills, all is fine. To me, its another big gap between US-385 and WY-59 without
US-85. My preference is to have both US-385 and US-85 together. US-16 should be in that mix connecting to both roads as well as I-90.
Quark

#1118 Post by Quark » 13 Aug 2021 17:23

Agree, for the DLC to reach top tier Cody should be in. I've also changed my mind about that a little throughout the last couple weeks. I wouldn't still consider it a super mega giga mistake that it isn't in (yet) but an unnecessary miss nevertheless.
Even if without US-14 through Yellowstone, Cody as a dead end should not be a big pain because distance from Greybull to Cody is only about 50 miles- just 2-3 miles ingame.Tolerable.
@ads678
I don't know if i can agree with your point of view that you have expressed in that linked comment, namely that Idaho-Wyoming connection via US-30 is not critical and that they could have easily made US-14 through Yellowstone instead. I kind of
agree that the section in Idaho between I-15/McCammon and Montpelier appears only moderately important at best but without the part linking US-89 near bear lake with I-80 that's a different story. There would be a huge gap in an imaginary
triangle between Salt Lake City, Jackson and Rock Springs of nearly the same size of our (in)famous black hole in the north west. There would be no road that you can take northwards along I-80 between Rock Springs and Salt Lake City. Clearly
an important road and it is also an actual trucking route.
Definitely not a trucking route is US-14/191 through Yellowstone. Roads through national parks should be seen as what they actually are in a game that is about trucks, bonus roads. Cool to have (and i say that as a lover of scenic backroads
myself) and for sure not totally unimportant in the case of Wyoming to fill an ugly big black hole, but why they are seen as super critical is beyond me. Again, it is a mistake to not include US-14 through Yellowstone. Yes. But to demand that in
case of doubt, IF the devs had to choose either/or for whatever reason, that they should choose the scenic road through a national park, INSTEAD of a not quite so unimportant trucking route that also fills a big gap as well, that makes not much
sense in my eyes. They did something like that with Road to the black sea on the ETS2 side and the uproar they encountered here in the forums and elsewhere was quite comparable at that time to what they are facing now in the case of Wyoming, ironically. Can still remember all the fuss very well.
And finally, yes you guessed most of it amazingly well, congrats for that. Your maps are actually almost everytime at least 85-90% accurate with the actual ones. And the HUUUGE complete map of North America is actually one of the most
fascinating things i've ever seen on these forums. Hats off!
flight50

#1119 Post by flight50 » 13 Aug 2021 18:06

I totally agree with Ads678's accuracy. Its the best guide to follow as the bare minimum. I was impressed when he first started creating it and I'm still impressed today. Even better.....he updates it per new dlc when the map is revealed.

Just sitting back and looking ahead at what's possible pumps me up for sure. All I need is those roads and Kriech's sound mod and I can play for hrs.
ads678

#1120 Post by ads678 » 13 Aug 2021 18:34

@Quark That hole won't be that big. Absense of US-30 would only affect deliveries to/from Pocatello, and not too much. I'm not saying that US-30 is not important, but if people would have to choose between these 2 options, most of them (in my opinion) would choose the second.

Left: original, right: US-14 & Cody instead of US-30
[ external image ] [ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”