ATS concept map (fanmade)

Teamster

Re: ATS concept map (fanmade)

#1121 Post by Teamster » 15 Aug 2021 12:55

I was looking forward to Newcastle oil refinery but this object was too tightly sandwiched between WY-450 and Mt Rushmore and this is 100% fact since i suppose the devs will pay more attention to the tourist facility as opposed to the large regional industry. Maybe it all makes sense as some fans prefer a beautiful scenery while others want realism in the gameplay. It has long been clear that it is impossible to add everything and i have a question. What do you prefer? Balance?
I personally think the YS is not a preponderance it' s the opportunity to choice.
THE CHOICE THAT DESERVES TO BE
flight50

#1122 Post by flight50 » 15 Aug 2021 13:42

The game is about ICC's so industry is more important. But at the same time, we have fans that play for a different reasons and don't even care about trucks. Sooo to make the green, SCS needs to find a way to get that fiction in for trucking. So not exactly balanced but don't ignore the tourist/scenic side. I'd put it at 70% industry and 30% scenic. In most cases, they can easily do both along the way to industry. Examples, Chimney rock and Devil's Tower. Both are along the way or near depots. The 30-35 percent I speak of are the places that aren't necessarily commercially trucked like the mass majority of the industry. This is your Yosmite, YSNP, Grand Canyon, Vegas Strip, Rocky Mountain National Park. This also include both hidden and revealed roads.

The ATS map team started the trend with Yosemite. Imho, you can't pull from that now. You start putting stuff like that in and you must keep it coming or loose the fan base who's eyes you caught doing that stuff in the first place. So implement when you can. Mt. Rushmore....I fully expect to see that with South Dakota. Many landmarks and iconic things that make ATS...ATS. The future should continue this if SCS is to be even more successful. I think the base map rebuild will help tremendously. Lots of people only have the base map. If they see the potential there, just maybe, they will starting buying all the supporting dlc's. Maps like ProMods Canada will help as you must have certain states to even play some map mods. The older dlc's will often go on sale so no reasons to not have older content for those that only play the base map. Every dlc is worth its weight in gold to me. As more states fill in, a previous dlc or dlc's are even more valid like Idaho and Utah. With Wyoming and eventually Montana coming in the next 1-2 years, the entire West could be one huge bundle or even it could be split into parts for 2-3 bundles.

ATS tends to be that scenic, high speed and long drive with fewer interruptions like tolls and roundabouts type game. I think that is intriguing to a lot of people.
Teamster

#1123 Post by Teamster » 15 Aug 2021 14:11

Flight50 is the best reviewer!!!!!! Not joke
Last edited by Teamster on 16 Aug 2021 13:03, edited 1 time in total.
Shiva

#1124 Post by Shiva » 15 Aug 2021 14:48

Mt. Rushmore, that could be a reason for no US-85, could be, but I am not sure of that.
Or rather, they not adding US-85, until Rushmore area is being done.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#1125 Post by flight50 » 15 Aug 2021 15:56

US-385 is more critical for Mt. Rushmore. But if US-85 also came with South Dakota, I'll take it. That gap between WY-59 and US-385 bothers me just like all the other gaps in the game. We all know that SCS typically leaves out a portion of the East of a dlc and it comes with the adjacent state as connecting roads. So US-85 could certainly be in that boat. Especially with all hands raised to get it in the Wyoming thread. So both roads should come with South Dakota unless SCS adds it to Wyoming in the future well before South Dakota. South Dakota has I-29 is the far East and SCS can't exclude that. So SD should be an exception to leaving something out. We'll need I-29 all the way up to at least US-12 to that TA truck stop. Sisseton could be an option as well. Not a ton there but 2-3 depots could work. Otherwise, its to US-12.

South Dakota will need all it can get though. North to South I like US-85, US-385, US-83, US-281 and I-29. Long shot but SD-73 and 1-2 others could make it to make the state denser.
Teamster

#1126 Post by Teamster » 16 Aug 2021 12:54

By the standards of the 1:20 scale, Mt Rushmore is a suburb of Rapid City and since there are not serious objects around it was possible to turn on the principle of mapping Denver - Colorado Springs which literally see each other through the fence but at the same time we don't notice it
I think that SCS just had no desire to add us85 and Newcastle refinery plant
flight50

#1127 Post by flight50 » 16 Aug 2021 14:07

If we get US-16 with SD, New Castle could easily be a scenic town. So we could still get that refinery.
Shiva

#1128 Post by Shiva » 16 Aug 2021 15:59

If one wants Mr Rushmore between Rapid City SD and Newcastle WY, then things ain't that easy.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
angrybirdseller

#1129 Post by angrybirdseller » 16 Aug 2021 17:51

You can bobtail to Mt Rushmore pay $20, and Sturgis would be option for scenery town or NewCastle. Make South Dakota worthwhile they will likely add items like Corn Palace, Wall Drug, 1880 town, large river crossing in Chamberlain and couple others leading to Pierre.
Bedavd

#1130 Post by Bedavd » 16 Aug 2021 19:04

I-90's Missouri river crossing at Chamberlain and the Dignity Statue/Rest area are prime areas for SCS to include.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.

Return to “General discussion about the game”