Concept Map creation and Discussion Thread

joschac2

Concept Map creation and Discussion Thread

#1 Post by joschac2 » 22 Jul 2019 23:27

If you Read the Ny area Comcept Map thread, a few people suggest that we should have one mega Thread just for Concept maps

Well Here it is

Show your creation

! am going to List all the maps posted listed on imgur with the ower of the map

The List Of Maps Are Here Concept Map creation and Discussion Thread Concept Maps As long as the Maps are comeing, I,ll Keep Updateing This
Last edited by joschac2 on 24 Jul 2019 02:29, edited 2 times in total.

UltimateSimulation

Re: Concept Map creation and Discussion Thread

#2 Post by UltimateSimulation » 23 Jul 2019 02:48

We have plenty of other continent maps available for ETS2 that connect via ferry to the base map like Brazil, South Korea, Australia, and more. So, what's stopping us from porting the ATS map into ETS2 in this same way? Sure, we wouldn't see the same AI vehicles or be able to buy the same trucks that are in ATS from their respective dealerships, but those two things seem like a small price to pay for a map that people have wanted since ATS released.
UltimateSimulation: Trucking on Europe's virtual roads since 2012
Intel core i5 9600k @ 4.8gHz || 16GB DDR4 RAM || EVGA RTX 2070 Black OC edition @ 2040mHz || Samsung 500GB SSD, PNY 128GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

rbsanford

#3 Post by rbsanford » 23 Jul 2019 05:50

I'll kick this off with mine, some of which could use some changes, but they generally get the job done. They were made with stitched-together Google Maps screenshots, and include scenery towns.

Idaho/Montana

Utah

Colorado/Wyoming

Texas/Oklahoma

Nebraska/Kansas

The Dakotas

Minnesota

Wisconsin

Michigan

IL/IN/OH

IA/MO/AR/LA

MS/AL/FL/GA/SC

NC/TN/KT/WV/VA

...and the rest.

Just for fun, I drew the ATS map in the same style. Here's the latest version, in living color.
The journeys of Zephyr of the American West: Volume One, Two, Three, Four.

Handy maps and diagrams.

supersobes
Global moderator

#4 Post by supersobes » 23 Jul 2019 21:04

I created what I think could be what Virginia would be like in ATS. Click here for a full-size version of the image.

Scania trucks are the best, but the Peterbilts are good too.
Road signs are just as important as the road itself.

World of Trucks Profile | ATS Screenshots | ETS2 Screenshots | Forum Rules

supersobes
Global moderator

#6 Post by supersobes » 24 Jul 2019 00:00

@joschac2 Thanks! Comparing it with other maps that people have made of areas with similar road and city density, I may not have made it dense enough. On the other hand though, my map has 21 cites, while some of the states that SCS has done that are way bigger than Virginia have less cities. Washington is larger than Virginia, and SCS only has 17 cities in there. Washington does seem pretty dense as it is too. Minus the Southeast corner, there isn't really any more space.
Scania trucks are the best, but the Peterbilts are good too.
Road signs are just as important as the road itself.

World of Trucks Profile | ATS Screenshots | ETS2 Screenshots | Forum Rules

flight50

#7 Post by flight50 » 24 Jul 2019 01:05

@supersobes, you have Virginia in the sweet spot for the most part. If you add any more, it will be overloaded. On screen it may not look dense enough. Convert it to 1:20 scale and it can easily be overloaded already. I wouldn't change anything but honestly I'd say it could already be a little too dense in a few spots. US-522 and US-17. We could get to I-81, I-64 and I-95 with just a little more driving with out 522 and 17. US-29 provides all that connecting up. Now if SCS can fit all your map in perfect. Virginia looks like a good state that detours could shine. But again, don't change anything about your map. It's just my view which doesn't mean anything.

In the East, my guess is that SCS will mainly go for the Interstates for sure and try squeezing in some US highways only if they can. There may even be some Interstates that can't make the cut due to scale. The East just has so many Interstates that it makes the 1:20 a bit busy. I couldn't imagine trying to do the East in 1:35. I am sooooo glad they changed the scale.

@rbsandord. Your maps are great. But when opening them, is there a way to see the entire map without having to scroll? It's a bit huge. At least for me when I click the link. I took a look at my home state you did. Pretty good. The key cities are missing key ring roads though. I doubt DFW, Houston or San Antonio/Austin get built without them.

joschac2

#8 Post by joschac2 » 24 Jul 2019 01:12

I,m planing to put on the Maps posted on here on the First post with credit
But how to i get the Picture to be shown on the post without clicking a link
Last edited by joschac2 on 24 Jul 2019 02:00, edited 1 time in total.

Bedavd

#9 Post by Bedavd » 24 Jul 2019 01:48

Here’s the link to my Michigan concept that I also have in my signature!
Check out my Michigan research map!

Check out my ATS IRL map!
*IDAHO ADDED, LA, SF, and San Diego are unmapped out of protest for their future rework*

flight50

#10 Post by flight50 » 24 Jul 2019 02:00

Bedavd, I see you added M-25. Sweet. It was too much empty space over there, lol. I'd love to take a ride on the two lane road along the country land coast. Easy mapping if you ask me. Either trees or water on one side. I am sure there is some good boat delivery spots up that way. Any fishing going on up there along M-25?

Return to “General discussion about the game”