GATS & Community meeting in Texas

Carthoo

GATS & Community meeting in Texas

#1 Post by Carthoo » 25 Jul 2019 09:05

Guys, since we don't have a stand on GATS due to the problems with certification for our 4D motion seats, we'll have time windows where we'll announce when and where we're gonna be few times a day. But that's not enough. Therefore, we'd like to organize some longer meeting - and for that we need to have some numbers.

And since simplicity is the key, could you please post here if you're going to Dallas to meet us? The date isn't set yet, but we'd like to do the meeting on the third day of GATS (24.8.). We'd really appreciate if you write here and ask others you know to come to write here too, so we can start looking for a good place for such meeting.

Also, I believe at least a few of you - who already announced to be there - are driving a truck. Could you send PM to me and Krakee, please? We'd like to get some photos/ a few words about the job, etc...

Thanks!
Fluent in a few languages, sarcasm and irony included. /truth on - currently overloaded, sorry for not answering your PMs - will do so once I got some time

"I can confirm by denial. What's your superpower?"
flight50

Re: GATS & Community meeting in Texas

#2 Post by flight50 » 25 Jul 2019 13:20

You know I am in. I will be there. I will channel the ones I know coming to to GATS this thread.
Blackspots

#3 Post by Blackspots » 25 Jul 2019 18:09

That's strange that you have to get your gaming platform thing certified, but either way, I'll be there on Friday night around 6PM, and on Saturday.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#4 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 26 Jul 2019 06:29

i will be in the area as best as i can. right now im trying to get to Vancouver, BC for a convention this weekend.

the problem with GATS for me is a week later i must attend an event in Edmonton, AB and working out Dallas, TX to Edmonton, AB in a week will be a logistical nightmare for me and the company.

that aside my company, Werner Ent. will have a booth at GATS so i will work with my company to see if i can attend as a member of my company (ill need to talk with a few different departments). my truck will be parked at the company terminal HQ in Dallas. i would like to get the SCS team a tour of the terminal HQ if possible.

if not ill just Uber back and grab my truck and maybe an empty trailer so we can conduct some important scientific research elsewhere
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.
◇ Link to World of Trucks profile below ◇

[ external image ]
TwinShadow

#5 Post by TwinShadow » 26 Jul 2019 07:49

I'll see if I can pencil in the event for Friday and Saturday myself. I would enjoy being able to just have a nice chat. Luckily travel won't be an issue for me since I live fairly close anyway.
Kraake
SCS Software

#6 Post by Kraake » 26 Jul 2019 11:25

I see the usual suspects [ external image ].

Is that all we'll get?

@rocknrollDaVE - Werner HQ terminal sounds great!
Some newbie driver

#7 Post by Some newbie driver » 26 Jul 2019 13:02

Kraake wrote: 26 Jul 2019 11:25I see the usual suspects
But, who will be Keyser Söze? :P
flight50

#8 Post by flight50 » 26 Jul 2019 15:31

I'd have to assume most people don't visit this site as much as most us regulars. That's why I'd say give a heads up well in advance for people to slowly trickle in. I also included the invite in my signature for more exposure. I am usually all over the ATS side of this forum. I know there are more people here in Texas and surrounding states, but its so big here that travel for some is just to far away. Exposure to SCS just isn't what it is in the US like you guys are in Europe.......yet. This is the first time you guys are setting up shop like this here so it will take more exposure to get bigger crowds. Unfortunately, the motion seat is what would capture plenty of eyes here. At a trucking show it definitely the place to do it vs just a video game event like Gamescom or E3. Game events has lots of other games people will focus on. At a truck show, all eyes would be on SCS and the motion seat. Real truckers spread the word easily. They have kids, family and friends to past along SCS info. It also exposes them to ETS2 as well. That motion seat would have been the meal ticket for you guys if certification went thru. I still don't understand why they are asking for certification or the process of it. It not really for me to understand though, lol. I was thinking it's just too expensive to get it shipped to the US. Especially since you guys don't know what's to be expected here yet. But I really hope you guys come back in the following years.
Some newbie driver

#9 Post by Some newbie driver » 26 Jul 2019 16:33

flight50 wrote: 26 Jul 2019 15:31 I still don't understand why they are asking for certification or the process of it. It not really for me to understand though, lol.
Take any paper of those who come with any electrical device you have bought, from a toaster to a smartphone. Those papers with legal chatter in small letter and bad paper quality that are there just because law oblige. Most of the contents are all the regulations that those devices have to meet to be able to been sold AND OPERATED in different countries.

Most of those regulations are regarding electromagnetic radiations (emitted and behavior against received). I suspect those 4D seats are custom made, tailored for SCS (as far as I know, there's still not a big market neither a mass production for them). So, if they are not certified before by the manufacturer because they are not regular-production models sold in the USA, then they have to suffer that certification during the paperwork to freight them from Europe to USA. Otherwise, they would be seized at the customs office once arrived to USA and there's possibilities that they end destroyed.

Just guessing, but I've known of other similar cases on the past.

Regards
RaulMtz

#10 Post by RaulMtz » 26 Jul 2019 16:46

I can confirm both myself and Jbte will be able to be there on Friday 08/23, preferably in the morning but I'm sure we can work with the afternoon too.
I'm the road sign guy for the:
Team Reforma map for ATS [REL]
Includes a major revamp to the Sierra Nevada region, 60% of Nevada, Pazz mod's areas around Southeast California and southwest Arizona, and many Mexican states!

Return to “General discussion about the game”