Goodyear DLC

FrancescoMasci

Re: Goodyear DLC

#31 Post by FrancescoMasci » 05 Aug 2019 18:32

I agree, with 7 trucks and 7 states will be the breaking point for ATS.

However, I still like it the way it is (corridor or non corricor)
-Raiden-

#32 Post by -Raiden- » 05 Aug 2019 19:35

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 03 Aug 2019 10:11 Daimler is a whole other thing, they dont have an NA branch per se they operate from Daimler AG here in Germany world wide without branches, Mercedes-Benz ofc has a branch in America but not Daimler for all i could find
From what I know, Freightliner and Western Star are (alongside with Detroit Diesel) part of "Daimler Trucks North America" (formerly know as Freightliner LLC) which is a complete subsidiary to the Daimler AG from Germany.

But it's just like some many people have said in this forums before - when it comes to licencing, the Europe branch is not the same as the North American one. Maybe, good contacts to the Europe branch might open doors for communication with North America, but I don't see that guaranteed.
SCS-trucksim veteran - ETS2: since December 2012 / ATS: since release in February 2016 / Several 18WoS parts even before that

My Photo Album (ETS2) | My American Journeys (ATS) | My WoT-profile
Some newbie driver

#33 Post by Some newbie driver » 05 Aug 2019 20:34

-Raiden- wrote: 05 Aug 2019 19:35 Maybe, good contacts to the Europe branch might open doors for communication with North America, but I don't see that guaranteed.
Viewed from the outside that what most of us would think, and probably it happens often.

But very big companies (like those we are talking about) sometimes have a (for me) nasty habit to make their different factories and subsidiaries compete within them in bad terms. I've worked on a top-world company on their market that, each 2 years, they sold (if found a buyer) or closed their less productive factory (even if they were wining big money with it). No remorse, no pity and no doubt, the one at the end of the list goes out (only recent acquired companies for the group had a little time of mercy). After several years following that policy, lots of workers had in mind they are not there to help other company members but to compete against them to save their jobs. And I can sure you, that was hard to find nobody that would want to do even a little favor to the "competitors". I ended resigning, was a toxic place where to work.

And if we talk about car manufacturers, the main group likes to make the different factories compete to get the assignation of newer vehicles models to be build. The VW group is well known in Spain for that reason. That's how one of the most advanced and important models of the local SEAT company is being assembled by Skoda, while SEAT workers mounted the Audi Q3 and so on... Creating that intern competition they force their workers to resign to better salaries or working conditions to avoid the vehicle assignation go to another factory of the company.

Regards
flight50

#34 Post by flight50 » 06 Aug 2019 01:11

Knightrider wrote: 04 Aug 2019 20:29 Utah and two more truck models will alleviate to some this feeling. Boxed map and 7 truck models will calm people down.
Ats has a great future ahead. Just be patient.
I totally agree. All truck brand in game will be huge. I am sure we get all 7 brand in before we get multiple models for the brands not in. We know of the International and Freightliner models coming. Perhaps the Anthem and the 5700 rounds out the list before SCS doubles back to do models like the 2018 VNL or the Prostar. But all trucks in will show SCS is now about business. The down side is to do a truck to Scania quality level, takes much much longer than trucks SCS built from the past. No telling how many people are on the vehicle team as a whole but the vehicle team has little slack and gives us a ton. Not to mention they create for both games. ATS may be behind but they still have to give us content for ETS2 as well. But yes yes yes, 7 brands will calm things down a ton. This year alone will settle quite a few if SCS can truly release the Cascadia and the Lonestar. 1 for sure should come but the approval process could hold things up. Lets hope not.
Impaler wrote: 05 Aug 2019 14:44 @flight50 thank you for the post. 100% agree with you.
No problem. I had the same frustrations when I joined this site. Over time I have became a bit more calm and patient, but the mindset of comparing the two game and what ATS lacks will never go away. Still, I don't trash talk either game but I will state facts and the obvious. I love what SCS does. I may not play ETS2 as often any more but I support it equally as ATS. ETS2 has gotten me by many days in the past when ATS corridor driving frustrated the heck out of me. I will give my opinion whether good or bad but I don't trash talk anything SCS does. I will state my likes, dislikes and provide constructive criticism without holding tongue though.
Impaler

#35 Post by Impaler » 06 Aug 2019 19:56

I think getting one of each brand would be the best thing for scs to bring to ats before they pull out 2nd models. I don't think scs has the relationship yet with us brands to make them Scania level details.
xXCARL1992Xx

#36 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 06 Aug 2019 20:00

SCS already got CAD data from International to make the Lonestar, who says they cant get it from the others also ?!
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
flight50

#37 Post by flight50 » 07 Aug 2019 01:16

Moving forward, I think SCS will always shoot for CAD files. At least for ATS. CAD files in my opinion are more beneficial than scanning a truck. To scan, you must have a truck. CAD files can be sent thru computers and they'd have the models the trucks were built from thru the most accurate of measurements. In many ways, much much more accurate than scanning in a truck imo. The CAD files are spec, a scan isn't. Why have a computer put together a model via scanning when there is already a model created that the manufacturer already has is the way I see it.

Now SCS doesn't actually use the CAD model for game play. It's for reference but one can get every single detail inside and out. A scan can only capture so much as it only captures what it can see. Not only does SCS not have the same relations in the US as they do with Scania, if I recall correctly, I remember seeing that SCS will not go thru the trouble to scan another truck. The efforts are much greater than just receiving a CAD model.
pigbrother

#38 Post by pigbrother » 07 Aug 2019 06:54

Well, I have no idea how International (or any other truck manufacturer) CAD files look like, but I have seen my share of naval CAD files and... they are hard to comprehend. If you're not actually working with them on a daily basis, you can make some stupid mistakes.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
xXCARL1992Xx

#39 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 07 Aug 2019 07:51

and again, the scanned Scania made it never ingame it was just made for reference, the truck mas made with Photogrammetry and the chassis i bet with CAD files because they didnt scan all chassis (they got only a 4x2 and 6x2 midlift it was i think)

@pigbrother, you can actually download CAD files for the DAF XF E6, at least for the cab, if you are in the bodybuilder program i bet you can download even more
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Some newbie driver

#40 Post by Some newbie driver » 07 Aug 2019 11:16

flight50 wrote: 07 Aug 2019 01:16Why have a computer put together a model via scanning when there is already a model created that the manufacturer already has is the way I see it.
Because no manufacturer will NEVER give you the base working CAD they use for the truck manufacturing process.

It contains too much data that could be patents from the company or details about their know how that distinguish them from the other manufacturers. Those files are confidential in all the meanings of the term and will not be given to nobody that doesn't really need them and always under heavy strict no-disclosure agreements. Also, near 99% of the contents of those files are completely useless for SCS; so they must spent a HUGE amount of time purging that data to create its 3D game model.

What SCS needs is that the manufacturer provides it simplified CAD files that just contain the external measures and position of every visible element. That, and some technical info to polish the behavior of the physics of the truck (when E6 MAN was delayed, they told us it was due part of that info to be wrong or incomplete). DAF seems to have a very complete data accessible to bodybuilder associates that include 3D models, as xXCARL1992Xx said. Volvo instead seems to have only 2D files available (it's what it seems to say the description of their bodybuilder portal main page).

So, if a manufacturer doesn't use to provide such kind of 3D simplified data to third companies, either because they don't have it or they don't like to gather it; that's a problem for SCS. Then they had to do more work and maybe not so precise to model the truck or have to push the manufacturer until it agrees to create and share that info for them.

Regards

Return to “General discussion about the game”