Goodyear DLC

Impaler

Re: Goodyear DLC

#21 Post by Impaler » 03 Aug 2019 22:20

free.... there is nothing free. every dlc you buy pays for the free update. as it stands right now there is more free in ets2 than ats
xXCARL1992Xx

#22 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 03 Aug 2019 22:23

yeah ofc, the DLCs are all made just to compensate for the free updates, and who pays the work for the DLCs that pay the free updates ?

and last time i checkt ATS got everything ETS also got, if it wasent continent specific, in regards to free DLCs/updates, and ATS even got stuff before ETS like doubles, detours, random events, truck/trailer insurance :roll:
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Impaler

#23 Post by Impaler » 03 Aug 2019 22:42

what is larger ats or ets2. of coarse ets2 they have a larger fan base. more content etc. scs in retrospect is a small company and they have limited testers so its easier to make a big change to ats that could cause a major issue or upset players. push it to ats first let it test out and then put it on the main system ets2. beta test for the win. its not hard to see what they do. before you ask yes they do open testing but in the real world a open test can not always produce that same results as a live server. ats will never equal ets2, these are my opinion of coarse, and as long as im a us player my opinion's don't matter
Some newbie driver

#24 Post by Some newbie driver » 03 Aug 2019 23:38

No, your opinion doesn't matter not because you are a US player, but because you are comparing 2 games with 4 years of difference in release date (and considering that part of ETS2 comes from their previous ETS, GTS and other games, the time period is a lot larger). You don't demonstrate so much idea about what are you talking if you think that those differences in time (that in IT world are AGES) will not have an effect in the content available for both games.

Even further, ATS is benefiting from the previous existence of ETS2 in the form of a core code with a lot of extra development that it should had not get if ETS2 would had not existed. In that case, ATS would had been actually, in all aspects, like it was when originally released. And you would had need to wait near 3 more years to achieve the actual level of development. Which game has been the "beta test for the win" of which one?

Think it better next time and then your opinions would receive a lot more consideration.

Regards.
Impaler

#25 Post by Impaler » 04 Aug 2019 00:20

@some newbie driver don't get me wrong i own all of ats dlc and most of ets2 and i want scs to do well how ever imo at this time ats is a empty shell of ets2 that in vast need of name brands of anything. if you take ats by its self as a stand alone game. do you think it will be as well received at 1/35 scale as scs intended to be. i just wish there were more events. a bit better ui, a better cargo system. etc. yes ets2 is older, bigger fan base has more life to it. i started the good year dlc event and i had to put it down because i felt disgusted how much better then it was then ats
ilovevolvo

#26 Post by ilovevolvo » 04 Aug 2019 06:16

actually licensing imposes strict limits to distribution just about always.

its on a per application/time/runs whatever criteria. unless you own the rights to the content, you cannot proliferate it between locales/games/mods etc whatever insert the blanks
when potholes and winter?
xXCARL1992Xx

#27 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 04 Aug 2019 08:15

Impaler wrote: 04 Aug 2019 00:20 i started the good year dlc event and i had to put it down because i felt disgusted how much better then it was then ats
this is your own problem if you impose some nonsense emotion into a game that nobody forces you to buy/play/like at all :roll:
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
flight50

#28 Post by flight50 » 04 Aug 2019 19:13

I get where Impaler is coming from. I don't necessarily agree with the delivery but opinions are easy to say looking in from the outside. But when you are on the inside, its different. I mentioned in the SCS discussion thread, it's like looking at that one kid enjoy his/her ice cream and you (ATS fans) being that kid looking at that kid enjoy his ice cream when you don't have one is kinda frustrating when SCS says each game is treated equally. To a degree they are but not across the board is the frustration some ATS fan have. Not every ATS fan plays ETS2 or even wants to play it. Although I own it and have everything except the paint skins, I just don't feel right in it myself. I played when Baltics release for about 2 weeks and haven't touched it since. I probably won't get back to it until Black Sea releases and spend another 2 weeks there before returning back to ATS. Yes ETS2 is older and thus is more established. We all have to take that into account. The saying I like to make is, when ATS reaches its 5 year mark, lets sit back and judge it then. If ATS isn't where ETS2 sat at it's 5 year mark, then more criticism can be applied. I feel that 5 years is a good time frame to get established as a force. When ETS2 hit that 5 year mark, it was cool to sit back and see how it grew and took off. ATS will have its day to grow and we just have to be patient and allow it to grow. But ATS fans do have frustrations that most ETS2 fans won't understand. There are several Europeans that actually like ATS more and favor it over ETS2. I find it weird sometimes but hey, we like what we like. ATS just doesn't feel like a chore to drive like ETS2 for some. There are pros and cons to both games which is why I always say ETS2 fans should own ATS and ATS fans should own ETS2. Different experiences.

The biggest hurting factor for ATS is exposure. There is no if ands or butts about it. If SCS was a US based company, we wouldn't be having this conversation. That 4d motion seat is a huge selling point. It gets around Europe well. If you want people to be aware, one must pull out all his/her tricks. Yes coming to the US will be great, but coming half force without the motion seat and everything that is done in Europe for exposure will just keep things limited until more and more catch one. This will all take time. Many of us have brought up the idea to hire someone in the US to expose ATS. Someone that can do as SCS does in Europe. Build a motion seat here to tour the US, go around to a few events a year. Any avenue to gain more expose just means better connections and profits down the road. ATS's success is dependent on relations in the US moving forward. Both fan based and commercial exposure is highly needed. I agree that ATS does benefit from the foundation that ETS2 was built from. But a different approach to things are needed here in the US. Luckily some traction is now being made here. It will only get better in due time. I am super anxious to see where ATS is in the next 2-3 years though.
Last edited by flight50 on 06 Aug 2019 00:58, edited 1 time in total.
Knightrider

#29 Post by Knightrider » 04 Aug 2019 20:29

Utah and two more truck models will alleviate to some this feeling. Boxed map and 7 truck models will calm people down.

Ats has a great future ahead. Just be patient.

@flight50 good post. I love seing how both games improved over the years.
Best Regards.

Hosting a dedicated server for ETS 2/ATS, with optional mods support.
Impaler

#30 Post by Impaler » 05 Aug 2019 14:44

@flight50 thank you for the post. 100% agree with you.

Return to “General discussion about the game”