ATS 1.37 Discussion

Marcello Julio

Re: ATS 1.37 Discussion

#2641 Post by Marcello Julio » 19 May 2020 13:07

1.38 will only arrives in the end of the year. We are talking about another major update that will bring big changes to the both games. 1.37 still has a lot to breathe. It is totally acceptable to have a small update still at 1.37 bringing improvements related to FMOD. In the case of ATS, this update may come together with the update that will prepare the game for the Idaho DLC.
Trucker_71

#2642 Post by Trucker_71 » 19 May 2020 14:19

People... we just got 1.37 public! :shock:
flight50

#2643 Post by flight50 » 19 May 2020 14:21

So we finally got the achievements I been talking about. Those usually come out 1-2 months before dlc's releases. Whether Idaho comes with 1.37 or 1.38, it won't have much to do with the sound update in 1.37. There will be minimal changes for sound if that. Even graphically, there is nothing a patch can't update if Idaho releases before or after phase one of the graphics overhaul. Depends a lot on what phase 1 is. You all think phase one has to be a huge update and it doesn't. Whenever SCS does set the release, I'd expect an open beta for the compatibility update. Especially if the changes are significant enough. Remember that 1.37 targeted sound. The graphics update has been worked on since the beginning of the year. So the duration of time between a sound updated and a graphic update, does't relate or conflict. There is nothing stopping SCS from releasing two updates within a 2-3 months space if both updates target thing totally unrelated. Sounds that might with Idaho, are already rolled in at this point but anything graphically, will need a much larger update than a patch for 1.37 imo. The compatibility update will come before the beta testers are done testing. Once that open beta releases, then Idaho's actual release date will get announced and that will be once closed betas start to wrap up for the actual dlc. Open beta that the community test is only the compatibility update and not Idaho. Idaho will release more than likely 1-2 weeks after open beta or in seldom cases, both drop the same week/day the map expansion releases.

Here are the words from Carthoo in which he confirms an update is needed for map releases. I asked the question above his reply and he answered quickly. Updates are much larger than patches. I don't see a patch bringing in Idaho. If it does so be it. If there is too much for a patch that is not part of the base files, an update is required. Read my post above Carthoo's and that will shed some light perhaps. I just can't see Idaho with 1.37 based off those words from Carthoo based on what I stated above his comment. If someone can confirm all the Idaho content rolled out with 1.37 already, then 1.37 could indeed be the compatibility update for Idaho as well as implementing Fmod. But 1.37 open beta kicked in at the end of Feb. That was way to soon for Idaho. I'd expect US-12 from Kennewick that's in the game already to get updated just like Monument valley was for Arizona/New Mexico if you dev cam it all. If that stuff isn't polished for 1.37, Idaho won't come for 1.37. Before Utah released, the compatiblity update gave us a complete Monument Valley. The same will need to happen for US-12 for Walla Walla/Waitsburg. That stuff has to update before Idaho ever releases. From Waitsburg to Lewiston will only come with the actual Idaho dlc. But Kennewick to Waitsburg, we can already see that stuff.

@Trucker_71. We have always had 1.37 public. It released about a month or so ago.
Last edited by flight50 on 19 May 2020 14:34, edited 2 times in total.
cip

#2644 Post by cip » 19 May 2020 14:30

I did not follow this thread in the last week, but I am negatively surprised that sound still comes mostly from my right year when I look to left and vice-versa. I know this has been reported some time ago, it is still not fixed or maybe was decided that is not a bug? :shock:
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
mackintosh

#2645 Post by mackintosh » 19 May 2020 20:48

Not a bug. At least not for now. Use 5.1 speakers or open the left window. Max promised they would continue working on this though, so we'll see what the future brings. I hope they do something, I miss these games. Haven't played much since 1.37 dropped.
cip

#2646 Post by cip » 19 May 2020 20:55

I'd better abstain to look left and right then, I can't play with 5.1 because I usually play when my kids are in bed and I cannot drive with left window open because the noise of the wind+traffic is too much for my ears :lol:
I have quit SCS forum...
cip

#2647 Post by cip » 20 May 2020 12:27

dear @Max may I kindly ask who is currently the responsible with the Ai traffic at SCS? I have noticed an issue with the Ai revs, unfortunately this will only be noticeable with my Ai traffic Sounds :lol: in my sounds for Ai trucks I have set an engine sound which plays if revs are higher than 0.25 (on the default scale from 0 to 1) and a jake brake sound everytime the revs value is less than 0.25.
the problem is that uphill when Ai truck is supposed to accelerate and have high revs in reality it does not because I hear the jake brake, although the Ai truck is moving at constant speed uphill, which won't be possible without acceleration. by contrary Ai trucks fully accelerate downhill when they are supposed to reduce acceleration when gravity is taking over... by contrary when trucks are using the brakes (e.g. to stop at red light), Ai trucks indeed do not accelerate while braking so jake brake plays nicely, but if the brake is longer Ai intermittently accelerate while braking because the jake brake is interrupted by short acceleration...
if somebody from your team is willing to have a look in this for a possible fix, I am ready to make a short video and post it here. many thanks!
I have quit SCS forum...
Max
SCS Software

#2648 Post by Max » 20 May 2020 19:22

noted, thanks for info.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
cowhand214

#2649 Post by cowhand214 » 22 May 2020 03:25

Did I see a turnpike double in traffic this evening? Actually twice? Once in Nevada and once in Utah? Did those get added to traffic and I missed it or were my eyes deceiving me?
My World of Trucks profile

"The road goes on forever and the party never ends..."
flight50

#2650 Post by flight50 » 22 May 2020 04:10

I know the AI has RMD in Utah but I doubt TPD. TPD aren't even Freight Market. TPD might be a far stretch for the AI. They can handle triples pretty good though. But even those are not in AI for vanilla ATS.

Return to “General discussion about the game”