Colorado Discussion Thread

fisherjb

Re: Colorado Discussion Thread

#771 Post by fisherjb » 29 Jun 2020 06:45

For those who don't know. North of Durango got an update in the latest update. You can now see quite some impressive scenery and mountains on us 550.
Grand Canyon Rebuild: viewtopic.php?f=194&t=281638

Promods developer of:

- Elbasan :flag_al:
- E-871 :flag_bg: :flag_mk:
- Abbotsford :flag_ca:
- A10 :flag_at:
flight50

#772 Post by flight50 » 29 Jun 2020 07:01

Ahhhh yeah, lol. Thanks for the heads up.
Sametbey2

#773 Post by Sametbey2 » 29 Jun 2020 11:43

Dinosaur is an active city. The city has many active companies available in the game. Such as oil wells, junkyard, supermarket, car dealer.
Bedavd

#774 Post by Bedavd » 29 Jun 2020 12:43

@sametbey I think Dinosaur is going to be looped in with Rangely, which we know is going to be marked because it shows up in the game log. Those two are way too close together to be both marked cities imo.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#775 Post by flight50 » 29 Jun 2020 14:23

At 1:20 scale, both will be like neighboring towns for sure so it would be no surprise to have one absorb the other. I am just glad CO-139 is in. That road and US-550 is the perfect compliment to US-191 in Utah. They parallel nicely as they all get you to I-40 (close enough at least), US-64, I-70 and US-40. It's these type of options that players love. Idaho is looking dang good. Yesterdays (Sunday) blog was totally unexpected but man does Idaho look good. I can imagine what Colorado will turn out like. We really haven't gotten into the nitty gritty of Colorado yet. There are still great screen shots to come and once Idaho drops in the next 1-2 weeks, the stage will be Colorado's. Unless the next Colorado blog is about prefabs, I think the next blog could start showing off a bit more detail in the environments.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#776 Post by Mohegan13 » 29 Jun 2020 15:33

I don't mean to point out the obvious (okay I do) but if Rangely is in the logs, that means the city or at least it's borders are in 1.38. Which means if you dev cam from Vernal towards Rangely you'll have to pass Dinosaur... Pretty simple way to find out if it's there or not. :thinking:

Most likely it will just be one of those drive through towns. It's too small to have a large presence in the DLC, particularly given it's closeness to the Utah border.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Bedavd

#777 Post by Bedavd » 29 Jun 2020 16:06

Yes it is there. I was just saying that any companies there are likely to be looped into Rangely. There's a GallonOil pump site just south of the town iirc. That will probably be considered "Rangely" rather than a separately marked Dinosaur.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
kyfami

#778 Post by kyfami » 29 Jun 2020 19:53

In anticipation of the release, I decided to hop up 139 as I live close by. Wow! Don't know how I missed that road since moving out here. Very engaging. North of Loma, it's like 15 miles of pure straight-aways then it climbs rapidly up the Douglas Pass. We were cruising in the dead of night, though I would imagine it to be incredibly scenic during the daytime.
[ external image ] [ external image ]
"you got to stop thinkin’ so negative son, we ain’t not never made it yet have we?"
Gormanbros

#779 Post by Gormanbros » 30 Jun 2020 03:28

I hope Dinosaur is a scenery town at least. The novelty of having a city named Dinosaur is too good to pass up.
alecwarper

#780 Post by alecwarper » 30 Jun 2020 03:49

Oh man... I drove up the TINY little piece of US 550 that was added north of Durango, and it's INCREDIBLE.
Can that be my favorite road already?? Talk about a taste of what Colorado has to offer, and it didn't even go far enough to get into the REALLY juicy stuff, and I'm already blown away. If all of the mountain west is done to that standard... I think a lot of people won't ever want to leave Colorado lmao.

PIC BELOW FOR THOSE WHO WANNA SEE. OBVIOUSLY COLORADO SPOILERS.
https://i.imgur.com/GNsqScS.jpg (lol the imgur link has ScS at the end, they knew)

@kyfami That is a gorgeous sunset wow! I know people looking at CO 139 on a map might just assume its more of Utah, but it REALLY isn't. 1.38's Open Beta cuts off RIGHT before Douglas Pass (I'm sure intentionally lol), and I'll be really excited to see it in-game! I really have to head out to the Western edge of the state soon, its definitely amazing in its own way.

Return to “General discussion about the game”