Colorado Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Colorado Discussion Thread

#1201 Post by flight50 » 20 Aug 2020 22:45

In a Google search, the map below reveals all the meat plants in Colorado. It would be awesome to get more than just 1-2 of these facilities if this industry is about to take off. The amount of feedlots for cattle/hogs and broiler chicken that ATS is about to get in the next 3 or so years will be plentiful I hope.

I'd like to see as much meat cargo as possible. So when the chicken cages comes, that will be one cool trailer to love hauling. Its so different. I hope the trailer doesn't cause performance issues. I am sure SCS will make the polys as low as they can on the chicken hauling trailer. Either 4 sided tubes vs round bars or maybe even 3 sided tubes to make chicken cages. If we don't get bison, no big deal. I'd take Yellowstone and bison there vs hauling them to eat if that's the trade off.

[ external image ]
Last edited by flight50 on 20 Aug 2020 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
alecwarper

#1202 Post by alecwarper » 20 Aug 2020 22:51

Been kinda away for a while moving from a place that'll definitely be in the DLC- Denver, to a place that almost definitely won't be in the DLC- Boulder.

I do have to say... these pics look REALLY good. The Mousetrap definitely looks like the real thing, that'll be nuts to drive through. Plus you also have the I-76 interchange just to the north, and the US36 Boulder Turnpike just above that! The Denver skyline looks fantastic though, I love that you can get a sneak peek at both Mile High Stadium and Elitch Gardens!

Definitely the pic of northern Denver is the standout for me, I'm curious how deep they'll have you go! It'd be sick to see 40th turn into Blake and actually go downtown.
MINOR detail, but I really hope they add the correct streetsigns for Denver, with the little Denver logo in the corners.

The Loveland Bridge also looks really good, perhaps that means we'll see US34 to Estes? I'm really curious how many towns they're adding in the front range, Loveland definitely wasn't one I was expecting, I felt it was too close to Fort Collins, but it'd be a nice scenery town along US287 for sure!

Now I really am curious if Boulder will be included... my guess is probably not, it'd be sorta a weird dead-end on the road network, but Boulder is also SUCH a nice town, too.
flight50

#1203 Post by flight50 » 20 Aug 2020 23:02

I think Boulder makes it regardless. Mapped or scenic. Its a big named town. Loveland could also be scenic. I don't think its mapped. SCS just puts in those things for realism. Loveland should get absorbed by Fort Collins though. Boulder on the other hand, to me it has a good chance of mapped after seeing Nampa and Boise together. Boulder fits right is a cool little pocket Northwest of Denver but Southwest of Fort Collins. If they have to, cheat Boulder a bit and shift it North to were CO-7 is. That splits Denver and Ft. Collins. Its not accurate but neither is Portland, Vancouver or Carson City. We can live with that shift if that means getting Boulder in as mapped.

Plus Boulder shifting allows more room for US-36 from Denver to Boulder. We will need a few entries into Boulder at imo. US-36 can come from both the North and Southeast. Then there is CO-119. The last possible is CO-93 and/or CO-52. That gets us to I-25. Its a good short cut to bypass Denver to get to Boulder and even further North like Fort Collins and Cheyenne.
Cragner

#1204 Post by Cragner » 20 Aug 2020 23:04

Xaagon wrote: 20 Aug 2020 20:42 @flight50 I remember poultry was one of the cargoes you could take in 18WoS Haulin'. Maybe they will come back. I know Colorado has sheep and bison in addition to cattle. Supposedly we have lots of chickens here, but I've personally not seen them. I have not seen bison transported... I would not want to do that in real life as those things can kill you - but they make great burgers and steaks!

@Cragner I think you mean pictures 6 & 7?

You are correct 6 and 7 . I think faster than I type. I was going to add pict 7 looks in the direction of pict 3.
alecwarper

#1205 Post by alecwarper » 20 Aug 2020 23:17

@flight50
I'm really hoping you're right! Boulder definitely has its own very distinct identity from Denver, and isn't just a suburb; when you are driving to Boulder you hit some pretty massive patches of emptiness.

Yeah I'd imagine Boulder is shifted up a bit if it does make it, closer to where Lyons would be IRL.

Another thing I didn't mention above, and haven't seen anyone talk about yet... the mountain view from Denver in pic 3 looks REALLY good, if anything its actually too high lmao. I'm REALLY curious how they handle the I-70 ascent into the high country, specifically the Dakota Hogbacks.

anyways, here's a nice pic I took of the flatirons in Boulder the other day, after I'd moved all my stuff up to my new place... feels incredible just seeing these from where I live now. Location is at Baseline/US36

[ external image ]
flight50

#1206 Post by flight50 » 20 Aug 2020 23:37

Lol. Funny you mention Pic 3. When you said the skyline looks good, I was suppose to go back and look at the mountains in the background but I completely forgot as I got sidetracked. I like pic 6 though. The skyline in full view looks good. How accurate, I don't know. I'll have to lean on you guys that live there to give your ratings for SCS.

Speaking of pic 3. I just stared at it again. That Mack is hauling an empty container trailer and a truck behind it is hauling one. That makes me really think that the link Bedavd provided off E40th, that container yard is what those trucks are heading to. It looks like an Intermodal port. I sure hope so. I know Dallas has one and I am hoping to see a lot more of these as we get further and further way from the West coast. Trains drop off to Intermodal and then trucks pick up there. I hope one of the ST loads is hauling wind turbine parts to a train depot in Colorado.
Cragner

#1207 Post by Cragner » 21 Aug 2020 01:00

The Denver skyline looks accurate to me from the 2 angles we can see it. (PICT 3 and 6). Looks like they even have the Elitch Gardens theme park tower, the Denver Broncos football stadium, far left of the picture #6. I-25 runs between both of them.
SmokeyWolf

#1208 Post by SmokeyWolf » 21 Aug 2020 03:44

Picture 8 is indeed the Love's in Pueblo. Stopped there more times than I care to remember. A cluster none the less but not the worst one I been to.
ALT2870

#1209 Post by ALT2870 » 21 Aug 2020 05:39

Xaagon wrote: 20 Aug 2020 18:28 #4 is kind of tough, but I think it might be this roundabout in Fruita - just west of Grand Junction:

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.1544927 ... 384!8i8192
Good call. I do believe you are correct. I was thinking it was in Junction because that looks like Mt. Garfield there in the background but I'm pretty sure you are right.

Picture that I hope ease's a lot of minds is the one with downtown Denver with the mountains off to the right. Looks good to me. Also I'm guessing that is access to the rail-yards just west of there. No telling how far it goes though.

You can still count me out on the Boulder situation. Scenic probably, marked most likely not. It really isn't industrial or anything, just a very large bedroom community for Denver (and Californians, most of us Coloradans cast off Boulder for that :P) with little trucking besides the usual local stuff.

Anyway this was certainly focused on the Front Range so besides a close guess for Fruita and the obvious Durango intersection, I was out for guessing this round. Let me know when we get to the good stuff. None the less glad to see Colorado progressing along. Our nearby fire still has 70 shut down though they are doing good work on the fire.
fra_ba

#1210 Post by fra_ba » 21 Aug 2020 07:08

9th, the driver truck stop I believe is here, also in Lamar:
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.0975118 ... 384!8i8192
Based on screenshots I think US34 between Loveland and Wiggins is in!

Return to “General discussion about the game”