Colorado Discussion Thread

plykkegaard

Re: Colorado Discussion Thread

#3521 Post by plykkegaard » 09 Mar 2021 19:40

flight50 wrote: 09 Mar 2021 19:04 I expected a little more out of Eastern Colorado honestly.
I've seen plenty of time previously all the way back when Scandinavia was added, a lot promises with cargo distribution around meat production but very little was gained
MArketing needs to be asy on the pedal to let the developers keep at steady pace, clearly blogs for new map content is a little over the top

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
flight50

#3522 Post by flight50 » 09 Mar 2021 20:12

Yeah, the blog have to be careful on what they say. If its in the blog, it should be in the game pertaining to that dlc that blog talks about. Not a later dlc, but that current one. The cargoes in that blog is mostly def files. If def files are not worth the time and effort to match the blogs, that is a fail for me. I don't complain much but when it comes to ICC's, I'm talking. I ran my mouth about 8x4 and 4x2 since 2017 when HH came. We are just now getting this stuff in ATS in 3+ years. I don't know what some focuses are lacking in favor of others when the point of the game is to deliver cargo.

Another big disappointing thing was the wind farms. We got the depot that produced the towers but not the facilities that produces the blades, rotors or generators. We got one depot for a wind farm out in a remote area. Two fields of a wind farm? There are several non functional wind farms around the entire map. Convert some of those to deliverable locations. That makes me worried for Wyoming and Texas. There are more wind powered states. Do we get only 2 wind farm in those dlc's as well? The one cargo that could have came with wind farms did not come to the game. The turbine blades. Sure it takes a specialized trailer but its no more complex than the 9 axle articulated trailer, its just long. The tower cargo we have.......its too short of a cargo. It can get hauled on articulated trailers that we already have or bring in the specialized trailer. Scroll to the bottom of this thread viewtopic.php?p=1256873#p1256873 to see towers and blade hauling. I don't think it would have taken much to create a specialized trailer for blades. We got a frac tank that has one purpose but an extend pole trailer can have a few more than just one cargo type. I thought it was worth the effort. Here is another example of uses here for an extended trailer. viewtopic.php?p=1399825#p1399825.
Last edited by flight50 on 09 Mar 2021 20:22, edited 2 times in total.
Xaagon

#3523 Post by Xaagon » 09 Mar 2021 20:17

flight50 wrote: 09 Mar 2021 19:04 CO-71, yes it too has potential. I think its in Limon correct? Its the best North to South road that can add density. I'd like to see it run from NE-71 Scottsbluff, NE on US-26 to US-50 in La Junta, Co for sure if possible.
Yes, CO-71 does run through Limon and SCS did give us a little bit of it to get to one of the windmill sites. There's also a stub for it further south on US-50 or US-350, maybe both... I can't remember off the top of my head. I was thinking this might be included in its entirety as it runs into NE-71, which then runs into SD-71 going all the way to Hot Springs, SD.
plykkegaard wrote: 09 Mar 2021 19:40 a lot promises with cargo distribution around meat production but very little was gained
I recall a blog about the meat industry and meat plants & stockyards, but I don't recall seeing anything definitive about livestock trailers. I always assumed we would get them at some point as they were around in their 18WoS games.
flight50

#3524 Post by flight50 » 09 Mar 2021 20:25

The Wyoming blog states the live stock industry coming with the Wyoming dlc. If that is the case, surely we'll need the live stock trailers. Maybe we get a trailer update for Wyoming. Live stock and new dumper for ownership perhaps. But we'll have to see.
supersobes
Global moderator

#3525 Post by supersobes » 09 May 2021 02:16

The bug with the Colorado apportioned license plates still hasn't been fixed. The issue was reported here a while ago. When using Colorado license plates via World of Trucks, the text is blue when it is supposed to be red. The non-WoTr license plates generated by the game have red text. Is this something that can hopefully be fixed for 1.41?

[ external image ]
angrybirdseller

#3526 Post by angrybirdseller » 09 May 2021 09:12

CO-71 into Nebraska with Scottsbluff more square roads in eastern Colorado to create more grid pattern. Idaho gap closing it ID-28 more important, but US-160 and CO-71 would be nice additions along with CO-14.
Shiva

#3527 Post by Shiva » 09 May 2021 12:53

ID-28? I wish for that too, but if we get it or not, we'll have to wait until Montana to get the answer.
CO-14, east of I-25? Nebraska will answer if it ever pops up, is my theory. CO-14, west of I-25? No clue!
CO-71, would have been nice.
US-160, that I really hope that it will come.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#3528 Post by flight50 » 09 May 2021 13:47

CO-14 East of I-25 puzzles me. That interchange is a clover and I can only see half of that clover being discovered unless SCS plans to extend CO-14 from Ft. Collins to Sterling. Thennnnn we just might get CO-71 to I-80 and on to Scottsbluff with the Nebraska dlc. CO-71 should go all the way to Limon though as that's the reference that appears in the game...I think. Where the Vista Power depot is. I don't recall what road that actually is but I'm sure someone can confirm if its CO-71 or not.

US-160....I sure hope it come with Oklahoma. Kansas is the other option. But if it comes with Oklahoma that is when I expect US-385/US-287 to come to link up Lamar, Co to Amarillo, Tx. US-160 would be perfect to extend from US-350 to US-385/US-287.

Like in the markup for reworks for Colorado thread I did on the research sub-forum, I'd love to get US-36 connecting to I-70 East of the Denver Airport and connect to US-385. US-34 is already in the game as that is where that Bushnell Farm is in Wray. Connect up
US-34 from Wray, Co to I-76 in Fort Morgan. Looking in the map with dev cam, its seems very possible imo with flatter lands out that way.

We can't forget US-24 connecting Colorado Springs to Limon either. Considering Limon technically has a depot, US-24 is valuable and makes sense connecting I-25 and I-70 bypassing Denver.

With all the above, that is the maximum I was really looking forward to seeing with Colorado. I would have liked to see more farming in Colorado for sure. Iirc, I remember seeing an article stating 50% of Colorado is Agriculture/Farming. Despite all the mountains, farming is still covers a lot of the state. I think Eastern Colorado would have made a good example of density to come to the Great Plains and exploit Agriculture.
Freeze338

#3529 Post by Freeze338 » 09 May 2021 20:28

Well I'm not expecting new roads until Texas release.

When I look Iberia, I've realized it was a 2 years project but ETS2 community lost their patience and it released like current version. Full highways and big gaps.

Texas is bigger than Iberia and I think SCS would use most of the resources on Texas. So I don't think they would release more roads in existing DLC's. For now

And I don't think they would release more roads in a DLC like Colorado. It's dense enough. Ofc I would gladly take it if they release roads in there but since they are DLC's like Idaho and Utah which needs more roads, I don't think Colorado should get more roads.
flight50

#3530 Post by flight50 » 09 May 2021 21:18

Colorado will have to get denser on the East simply to add extension roads to Kansas. US-160, US-36, US-50 and perhaps US-40 at least should branch off from US-385 to Kansas. But I think US-160 comes with Oklahoma though. That gives another road to a very small panhandle.

Outside of Oklahoma, Texas and Kansas, I agree that new roads won't really show up until later. I'm actually thinking the rebuild team will be the ones do that though. After California, then do Nevada. Then touch up Arizona a bit. That overs all the states before paid dlc's. Then go back and add new roads to all the paid dlcs up to current releases. There is a solid 10-12 that could get added. That is almost one road per person if the map team swells to 10-12 by that time.

Return to “General discussion about the game”