Colorado Discussion Thread

GT182

Re: Colorado Discussion Thread

#3491 Post by GT182 » 03 Feb 2021 20:56

IvanKuz, you need Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico for these roads to appear. Don't skimp on the State maps.... buy them. New Mexico was free at one time, and it still should be. I got it for free when I started ATS back in 2017. California and Arizona were the original starting maps.

I ran a load from Denver to Alamosa, but couldn't get there to deliver as ATS just shutdown before getting into town. I even tried from Farmington and ATS shutdown again. It must be a mod conflict as far as I can see. Tho I do have 160 and the other Four Corner roads showing in this main profile. I know I've driven thru that area before but haven't since the SCS updated before 1.39.4.5s. Is it an SCS caused problem? I don't know, but it is possible as I show no activated mods that have the dreaded red ball icon next to them meaning they are not compatible.

To check I started and new profile for a test with Quick Jobs. I got thru with no problems and bobtailed on thru to Durango. I have no idea what mod is causing the problem in my main profile, but I'm checking.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Madkine
Global moderator

#3492 Post by Madkine » 03 Feb 2021 21:11

@GT182 He stated he already owns all DLC. He was experimenting to see what happens with most of them disabled.

I also don't beleive that New Mexico was ever free. Check your steam history to be sure on that.

The red ball icon only appears if a mod is well made. Many, many mods will show as green and still crash your game.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
flight50

#3493 Post by flight50 » 03 Feb 2021 22:37

@GT182 I think you are getting Nevada and Arizona mixed up my friend. California and Nevada are the original start up maps. Arizona was the free dlc because of some marketing issue. It was suppose to have been paid. New Mexico was ATS's first paid dlc and has always been paid. It does go thru sales though but I don't recall it ever being free.
GT182

#3494 Post by GT182 » 04 Feb 2021 02:59

Ok... thanks for the correction F50 on Arizona was free. And as to the red ball next to an active mod, the mod is not good. I just went thru that with a mod that didn't work because it was pulled from Steam. Mod deactivated and ATS didn't crash. And It's happened several other times.

As to IvanKuz DLC, I apologize. I misunderstood he had all the Map DLC.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Madkine
Global moderator

#3495 Post by Madkine » 04 Feb 2021 10:34

@GT182 My point is that only a well made mod will ever get the red ball to indicate that it no longer works, this is a good thing as it's easy to see a mod that's not compatible with the current version.

Poorly made mods will always show as green even when they are horribly broken.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
GT182

#3496 Post by GT182 » 07 Feb 2021 20:05

I've never seen any mod I'm using get the green ball, only red.
xXCARL1992Xx

#3497 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 07 Feb 2021 20:07

they will only show red or green if the modder wrote a version restriction down, this doesnt show if it is a good or a bad mod at all
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
FierbetoN

#3498 Post by FierbetoN » 07 Feb 2021 20:13

Madkine wrote: 04 Feb 2021 10:34 Poorly made mods will always show as green even when they are horribly broken.
:lol: That's not true at all. As a modder, you can't predict if the changes in the next update will break your mod, I can't see how that would make it poorly made.

I never place version restriction on my mods simply because I find it extremely annoying that you can't use incompatible mods at your own risk and manually have to copy workshop mods to your folder.
explosion65

#3499 Post by explosion65 » 18 Feb 2021 16:40

This is a really cool video from InterstateKyle on YouTube of a beautiful drive through Wolf Creek Pass in the early Fall (Autumn for our European friends :D). He drives from Pagosa Springs east towards Alamosa. You can even watch it in 4K! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDTrbhAtVQE

SCS really did an amazing job with the in-game version of the pass.
Some newbie driver

#3500 Post by Some newbie driver » 18 Feb 2021 22:01

FierbetoN wrote: 07 Feb 2021 20:13I never place version restriction on my mods simply because I find it extremely annoying that you can't use incompatible mods at your own risk and manually have to copy workshop mods to your folder.
That's one way to see it, the way to please more the final user not bothering them with limitations or restrictions. Free will, sounds good.

But from the other side, from the point of view of doing things right, version restrictions exist to protect and warn people about what can happen if they use that mod. And changes aren't guessed, are tested (in the beta, for example) before release. If then the users want to use anyway a non compatible mod as their risk, they can always edit it to get rid of the restriction. And then blame nobody but themselves if something bad happens.

From that point of view, the one of a proper coded thing, you are doing poorly made mods that (depending of the kind of mod) could even damage profiles of other users. Hence what Madkine said.

Of course, you can rather use one point of vier or another an keep modding the way you want.

Regards

Return to “General discussion about the game”