Colorado Discussion Thread

Marcello Julio

Re: Colorado Discussion Thread

#121 Post by Marcello Julio » 26 Mar 2020 18:04

@flight50 I think you can now update your first Thread in the Discussions of the next states, since we had Colorado confirmation :P

@Knightrider Yes I know, but I mentioned it because I think it can also be a truck that may appear in the art of some state in the future :)

@supersobes As SCS has now confirmed that Colorado will be the second state of this year, this Thread now can be featured on top!
supersobes
Global moderator

#122 Post by supersobes » 26 Mar 2020 18:07

@Marcello Julio Indeed, the thread is pinned to the top now. :)
Skoot

#123 Post by Skoot » 26 Mar 2020 18:07

Bedavd wrote: 26 Mar 2020 17:52 ... I always just thought the guardrail was really rusty.
Now I wonder whether some of the guardrails in Italy DLC are rusty or painted. :lol:

I'm happy for that announce. 2 states in progress, FMOD implementation, graphics overhaul, Mack Anthem... 2020 sure is somewhat a golden age for ATS.
Ernie D

#125 Post by Ernie D » 26 Mar 2020 18:21

I just skimmed over a few of the comments, but with the colorado dlc coming out. Will scs please address the weather, because colorado would be a very good example of having very different weather in many different locations going on all at once.
Just giving example, there has been many trips that Ive gone through Co, and going up I-25 through colorado springs and it would be raining there, up to denver, then start heading west on I-70 climbing in elevation to the Eisenhower tunnel and just on the west side coming out of the tunnel, its snowing, start going back down in elevation and by the time I would reach Grand Junction, it would be in the high 80's to 90s. All this weather going on in the middle of the summer
Proprietor/Painter of Southland Mods
Skoot

#126 Post by Skoot » 26 Mar 2020 18:23

Colorful state, you say? :P
Guguz

#127 Post by Guguz » 26 Mar 2020 18:31

@Skoot if you mean the guardrails on A22 in Italy,they are painted in brown for the entire length of the highway

The screenshots of Colorado look so good,I can't wait to drive on this state
Skoot

#128 Post by Skoot » 26 Mar 2020 18:42

@Guguz I recall seeing them multiple times, not only on A22. Thanks for info though. ;)
flight50

#129 Post by flight50 » 26 Mar 2020 18:53

Marcello Julio wrote: 26 Mar 2020 18:04 @flight50 I think you can now update your first Thread in the Discussions of the next states, since we had Colorado confirmation :P
In the "Choose our next State", I actually updated that poll in December when Idaho was officially announced. I took the gamble to use context clues about Colorado and it was removed in Dec along with Idaho. The poll from page one just shows the results for that voting period but the current poll has Colorado and Idaho off the poll.

@Ernie D. That would be great to get Colorado weather.......one issue though. SCS isn't ready for that type of dynamic weather that Pavel would like to implement. Check out this post I made when I started the ATS 1.37 thread. Check out the weather video there. I too hope for something like that eventually for SCS games. With dx11, we can get better that what we currently have. I think SCS needs to develop a particle system first. Then the weather in that video makes the magic happen. But they just aren't ready right now. In order to get seasons, I think weather has to come first, before that, the particle system. Once they can transition the backgrounds with proper weather, that is when we will see such a game changing feature with a weather/season fiesta, lol. But believe me, majority of all of us are with you on the weather.

I tell you what, when Colorado does release, I think I will only do contract jobs because I won't be doing the speed limit. I think I will set my cruise control for like 30mph..........on the highway, lol. There's gonna be sooo much to take in. Today's blog and the past teaser video solidifies that. Those GP look awesome, the valleys in between the mountain passes. I-70 just might be the highlight of Colorado instead of Denver itself. The Rockies blog will be awesome to see.
Shiva

#130 Post by Shiva » 26 Mar 2020 20:19

Anyone remember that atleast one or even more of SCS staff drove/visited the million dollar highway?
Atleast one of those were a ProMods mapper employed by SCS. And as far as I know, still working on SCS.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”