Colorado Discussion Thread

Darren K

Re: Colorado Discussion Thread

#11 Post by Darren K » 07 Nov 2019 23:20

dk00? wrote: 07 Nov 2019 17:47 I'm going to find it interesting how scs handles the Rockies and the bypass of the Eisenhower Tunnel the trucks have to take since they're not permitted in the tunnel.
Only hazardous material loads aren't allowed in the tunnel. All other loads are.
Last edited by Darren K on 01 Jun 2020 03:42, edited 1 time in total.
Blackspots

#12 Post by Blackspots » 07 Nov 2019 23:34

alecwarper wrote: 07 Nov 2019 21:07 @IvanKuz
Actually Glenwood Canyon (picture 2) is already confirmed to be in Colorado! In the OP post, you can see some of the bridge supports for the Glenwood Canyon highway are already in the game.
--snip--
No, those assets have been in the game since the beginning, because that bridge type is used in California and Arizona.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
flight50

#13 Post by flight50 » 08 Nov 2019 06:49

Donald1977 wrote: 07 Nov 2019 19:41 I look forward to it however I wish they had a better scale for the map. 1/10 would have been far better and would have had room for some of the better features in the mountians.
Colorado is the second state behind Utah that I have been wanting for the longest. But yes I agree that 1:10 scale would be better but there is a cost to that. The time to develop the map would have been doubled and no one wants that. People have complained for years that map dev time is taking too long as is. SCS pretty much balanced dev time with space as best they could. Perhaps if they were 1k employees deep, 1:10 is feasible.

I-70 should be that one road that is at the top of the charts. I hear a good start in in Utah now. I have yet to drive it though. Maybe this weekend or next weekend I will get to I-70. I don't like seeing everything so quick with these new dlcs. I did subscribe to this thread for I am eager to hear from more locals on the cool parts about Colorado.
interstate trav

#14 Post by interstate trav » 08 Nov 2019 23:36

I’m very much looking forward to Colorado.
Sametbey2

#15 Post by Sametbey2 » 24 Dec 2019 06:34

:twisted: I hope Colorado gets a little too busy road network.(ı hope CO-92 and CO-14)
CO-92:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Wiafgm1vkgXRte8f9
flight50

#16 Post by flight50 » 24 Dec 2019 07:07

CO-92 has an awesome view. But it has next to zero chance to make the game. 1) its to close to US-50 which will probably make the game 2) way too windy and would cause issues. I haven't checked my Rand McNally but I'd bet if trucks are allowed, it has length restrictions.
Sandhill

#17 Post by Sandhill » 24 Dec 2019 18:30

Don't discount the fact that once you get east of I25 you enter endless mind numbing zero scenery change wasteland, eastern Colorado obviously being contiguous with the dreaded Kansas. I do hope that they pick up Colorado 14 as it drops off of US40 at Rabbit Ears pass just east of Steamboat, curves through North Park, which is a huge valley surrounded by mountains, crosses the divide at Cameron pass, and descends Poudre Canyon which is a fully world class two lane canyon which is driven quite a bit for excitement and sightseeing pleasure, but also carries a fair bit of truck traffic. Once it comes out of the mountains near Fort Collins 14 meanders east until it intersects I76 at Sterling, so it actually takes you somewhere!
interstate trav

#18 Post by interstate trav » 24 Dec 2019 19:57

I’m looking forward to the 70 in the Rockies, and the 70 East of Denver will give us an idea of what the Great Plains. I’m wondering if Limon will be a Delivery point.
flight50

#19 Post by flight50 » 24 Dec 2019 19:58

East of I-25 will be interesting. GP baby. I'd love to see how the devs make it interesting. Colorado will be our first true run at the Great Plains. I hear its mostly farm land which will be sweet. Agriculture is a huge trucking industry. Equipment, food production and livestock all are just parts of the industry. I am excited to see how the Agricultural industry can really take off. I just posted in the Idaho thread, that I need to put together some Agriculture materail for the devs to take a look at. If we all pitch in, we can all be a part of brainstorming for the devs.

But yeah, the endless lands of the plains should make the devs lives a bit easier. Coming out of the deserts and mountains, they get peaceful grass lands without a lot of elevations changes to deal with like the West. All before the complexity of the East. I'd like to think they could sweep thru the GP states at a much faster rate in the Great Plains areas. For this matter, bundling quite a bit of the GP might be possible. The asset team will give us some nice farming land assets, farming architectural and related props. The library for the GP will be a bit simpler putting together but it must still be made interesting and enticing enough for people to buy. NM was a surprise when we thought it would be boring. Yet, its was well put together.

CO-14. I like how it links up US-40 to I-25. That would be a nice connection to have. According to Rand McNally, its a STAA route so not really much truck restrictions there. I hope US-40 to I-70 is in. If so, that setups CO-12 and CO-125. CO-72 and US-34 are long shots imo.

Return to “General discussion about the game”