Colorado Discussion Thread

Lillen

Thoughts on Colorado and future updates

#3501 Post by Lillen » 22 Feb 2021 12:06

Didn't really find a topic that matched, so I started a new. I really like the static trucks in the loading/unloading areas that was added in the Colorado DLC, even that they are static it made me feel like I wasn't the only trucker around. Will the other states get that feature to? Old and new.
flight50

Re: Thoughts on Colorado and future updates

#3502 Post by flight50 » 22 Feb 2021 15:27

I think this was started with the Vegas reworks. I once made a comment in reference to the mod that added more trucks at trucks rest stops some time ago. Max chimed in and said a few words. In a nutshell, I think he was able to pull some things off and some trucks stops (the 2 in Vegas for sure) now features more trucks on the lot. I know a few other stops as well have more trucks but I can't remember where they are. That is when I noticed more static trucks sprinkled around on some prefabs because that mod, also did it. SCS made adjustments base on a comment I made and its more realistic in the areas they implemented it. The problem with that mod was that it over did it and became more of a nuisance. Especially with LCV's. SCS implemented it more realistically. I too hope to see more static trucks under trailers on prefabs. It does indeed increase immersion.
Quark

Re: Colorado Discussion Thread

#3503 Post by Quark » 23 Feb 2021 04:24

explosion65 wrote: 18 Feb 2021 16:40 This is a really cool video from InterstateKyle on YouTube of a beautiful drive through Wolf Creek Pass in the early Fall (Autumn for our European friends :D). He drives from Pagosa Springs east towards Alamosa. You can even watch it in 4K! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDTrbhAtVQE

SCS really did an amazing job with the in-game version of the pass.
Yeah they did a superb job with Wolf Creek Pass, indeed. Probably my favorite mountain pass in Colorado, along with Red Mountain Pass and that pass on US-34
through the Rocky Mountain National Park. Heck, pretty much every mountain pass in this map DLC is awesome and there are quite a few of those. With
Colorado, the devs really catch the elevation changes this time and driving on these mountain roads is a great pleasure. It's challenging and the views are great.
I remember my first trip into Colorado. Pulled a double over Redmountain Pass heading north towards Montrose. After crossing the pass it goes downhill with
partly significant slopes through countless switchbacks it's just insane and man did i have such a fun to maneuver the truck and trailers through these sharp turns, going sometimes with just 15 mph.

All in all Colorado is a fantastic DLC and especially with the mountain passes they have outdone themselves as there is nothing comparable in the (vanilla) game except Galena Pass in Idaho and PERHAPS Washington Pass in Washington. In direct comparison with the team Reforma maps (Sierra Nevada, Mexico extremo)
i must say that i definitely prefer the (new) SCS approach. Mountain passes in Reforma maps are way too long for my taste, too extreme for a map scale of 1:20.
I love long and curvy mountain roads but that is too much. Considering the map scale SCS has hit the sweet spot with Colorado in my opinion.
flight50

#3504 Post by flight50 » 23 Feb 2021 13:43

I totally agree with Quark. The elevations in Colorado is what makes the dlc for me....hands down. SN is fun and great at what it does but Extremo is too curvy for me as well. I understood the exaggeration in Extremo as road are actually fairly windy in that region. For 1:20 scale, its a bit much for me. Their latest map is out the curvy regions so not so bad. Colorado is a perfect blend of elevation and curvy for me though. I'm sure they took a page from the SN mod and see how fans where reacting to it. So moving forward, we know elevation to a high caliber is not impossible, just put some effort into it. There are video references and typography maps to plan with if you can't visit a state. Each mountain pass is definitely enjoyable. They did more than I was expecting with these passes but mannnn am I happy they put effort into it. I'm sure their trip to Colorado helped.

Well before the Colorado trip, one thing I keep mentioning when Idaho and Utah was in development is my concern for Colorado elevation changes. They have to get it in, they have to get it in. Colorado is all about the Rockies. The devs did a fantastic job on this dlc indeed.
plykkegaard

#3505 Post by plykkegaard » 23 Feb 2021 14:22

Colorado is fantastic, no hands down

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Xaagon

#3506 Post by Xaagon » 26 Feb 2021 05:14

This is probably old news, but I just discovered that they removed the security gate from the Print 42 in Colorado Springs. Thanks for listening to us, SCS!

It's still a difficult delivery spot. I'm thinking the new 4x2 trucks are going to be useful here.
Bedavd

#3507 Post by Bedavd » 26 Feb 2021 17:26

@Xaagon I saw that and I was pretty delighted to see it hahaha. I'm all for a parking challenge but getting into that depot was basically impossible due to only one of the arms opening at a time.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#3508 Post by flight50 » 27 Feb 2021 01:34

I love that new 42 Print. I haven't been there to see it til you guys pointed out the gate is gone. Was that the double gate Oscar was trying to get in on that one xmas stream? I dev cammed there there to check it out. Nice to see the new prefab.

Its a newer prefab like Voltison Motors and the Sell Goods they did since the basemap days. Multiple prefabs from the same company takes a lil of the edge off for repetitive prefabs. Still not the same as a new company but better than nothing at all. Now that prefabs are modular, even newer prefabs of the same company is good. I still have several Colorado depots to discover too.
dkasper00

#3509 Post by dkasper00 » 08 Mar 2021 18:55

I wish that the triple low boy/triple pup trailer drop off point for Denver International would get adjusted or moved. It's an absolute nightmare to get the game to accept your positioning for it to unload.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
supersobes
Global moderator

#3510 Post by supersobes » 08 Mar 2021 19:55

That's probably something that should be reported in the bugs section.

Return to “General discussion about the game”