Colorado Discussion Thread

dkasper00

Re: Colorado Discussion Thread

#3511 Post by dkasper00 » 08 Mar 2021 20:09

I'll happily do so when I get on later.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
angrybirdseller

#3512 Post by angrybirdseller » 08 Mar 2021 20:34

:lol: Colorado made so well you want to leave the truck. US-50 from Montrose to Pueblo is the favorite road of Colorado the zigzag along the water the transition from towns to open areas. Think in term of driving Colorado is the best one so far of the DLC.
flight50

#3513 Post by flight50 » 08 Mar 2021 22:59

Agreed. Colorado gets my top slot........for now. Wyoming threatens it as well as Montana for me. Colorado is not perfect though. I do think more density should have come to Eastern Colorado though. I'd like to see US-24 from Limon to Colorado Springs, US-34 finished from Wray to I-76, US-36 from I-70 to US-385, US-160 from I-25 to US-385 and CO-71 from US-50 to US-34 at the least.
Shiva

#3514 Post by Shiva » 09 Mar 2021 02:09

US-160 from I-25 to US-385, that I call possible, in the future.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#3515 Post by flight50 » 09 Mar 2021 04:37

^Agreed. I think it comes with Oklahoma or Kansas. I was just mentioning I'd love to have it than not have it.

Scenarios:
  • US-160 comes and continues into Kansas with the Kansas dlc. We could get it as the Southern most road continued from I-25 to at least Wichita, Kansas. Long extension road though
  • US-385 continues into Texas with Oklahoma perhaps. Oklahoma's panhandle needs the extra roads for the panhandle. Its likely to get US-160 to US-385 then. At that point, US-160 picks up from US-385 once Kansas arrives. This makes the most logical sense to me
Xaagon

#3516 Post by Xaagon » 09 Mar 2021 06:19

I would love to see US-160 extended all the way to the stub on US-350 outside of Trinidad. I doubt we would get that much though. I think the most we would see is a connection from US-385 in Springfield when Oklahoma or Kansas is added.

I'm also hoping for US-34 & US-40 to be expanded west with Kansas, but am doubting that too. I wanted US-24 from Colorado Springs to Limon, a complete CO-71, and CO-14 from Fort Collins to Sterling. My biggest criticism of Colorado DLC is the lack of density east of I-25.

West of I-25 I have only a few things I would change, the big ones being to add CO-14 from US-40 to US-287, and finding a way to complete the US-24 link from Colorado Springs to I-70.

Maybe some of this gets addressed when the base map rebuild is complete if they then go on to touch up older DLCs. Maybe they surprise me and add more than just the border roads with connecting DLC... that would be a very happy day.
flight50

#3517 Post by flight50 » 09 Mar 2021 07:08

If Oklahoma lands were I think it lands, Oct/Nov of 2022 is when US-160 to US-385 has its best chance to make the map. Making US-160 extend into Kansas when Kansas comes is a really long road to do at that point. I'd shorten that route if I was going to add it and do it with Oklahoma.

US-34 extends into Nebraska actually. Now US-36 goes into Kansas. Of the two, it looks like US-36 has the best chance of making it East pretty far as its a much straighter road. But we don't have US-36 at all. If we get it for Kansas, might as well make that connection to I-70 and take it to US-385 as soon as possible. US-385 seems to have a lot of roads depend on it.

CO-14 to US-287, now that would be sweet. I don't know if the mountain models allow it but it would be nice for sure. That's a good alternate route and a very scenic one at that. Good detour option when traveling I-25. Add that and that brings CO-125 into play to both WY-230 Laramie and to US-30. I do agree with you in hopes that the base map rebuild team sweeps thru all the other dlc's and add a few of the most requested roads that we all talk. Spend about a good 12-18 months on those roads once all the other base map states are updated and ATS is that much more appealing.

Then mix back in with the rest of the map team. Between Colorado, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Oregon and New Mexico, there is a good dozen or so roads that have been mentioned the past few years to add. If the rebuild team can get around 5-10 members over 2-3 years, that gives them some good manpower. 1 person can work about 2 roads a piece over a 12-18 month span and that would do a world of good. The roads to add are so spread out over all the sectors that no one would step on another person's toes.
Xaagon

#3518 Post by Xaagon » 09 Mar 2021 17:11

flight50 wrote: 09 Mar 2021 07:08 US-34 extends into Nebraska actually. Now US-36 goes into Kansas.
Good point. US-34/US-136 makes a good southern edge for Nebraska. US-36 makes a great northern edge for Kansas. But they're probably too close to each other to get both. I was hoping with the cut plane feature they would be able to include parallel roads like these making detours a lot more realistic, but it seems that isn't in the plans, at least short term.
angrybirdseller

#3519 Post by angrybirdseller » 09 Mar 2021 17:25

I looked at the map CO-71 could run parallel to I-25 just US-50 work around is using local county road 18 to get around Rocky Road to connect to Limon. The spurs are there for CO-71 route I show on the map.
flight50

#3520 Post by flight50 » 09 Mar 2021 19:04

I'd love to get both US-34 and US-36 honestly. While Colorado was in development, I think I made pitches for both. But looking ahead Eastbound, US-34 just jumps around wayyyy to much. US-36 is more straightforward and seems more feasible as an East/West road. Cut planes should work great for all the Great Plane states and for tree wall roads though. That adds density, but US-34 just seems like its a problem with I-80 and the fact that it jumps around too much. I do like US-34 from I-70 to Wray, Co though. We have a part of US-34 in Wray to get to that Bushnell farm. When I looked using the dev cam, it does seem like a possible connection.

When Nebraska comes, that makes I-80 and I-76 open up more but I honestly think going from Sterling to Burlington by the way of Julesburg, Co can be helped with US-34 connecting US-385 to I-70. This helps add to that Eastern density. Eastern Colorado is done really really well. But I don't get the lack of density there. Lots more road density could have taken place and I was wrong for thinking the devs was bring that. I was surprised though. between US-160, US-36 and US-34, there could have been a lot more farming in Colorado. 50% of the state is farming and I don't feel it honestly. I wished for a new farming company to develop with Colorado. Place one on 34, 36 and 160 along with Bushnell's and Sun Crops.

I expected this particular blog to push farming to another level when Colorado came. This blog mentioned:
"Wheat, barley, canola, corn, cotton, sorghum, and soybeans are just a few types of crops and produce planted and grown by farmers in the Great Plains; but that's not all! This large expanse of land is also perfect for grazing livestock, the majority of them being pigs and cattle."

"In Colorado, nearly half of the states 66 million acres are dedicated just to farms and ranches, which makes it one of its largest industries. Drivers in our upcoming DLC will be sure to play a key role in contributing to this important economy and exporting the states produce across the states. From hay bales to farming equipment, truckers will be the backbone of making sure this important and large industry in Colorado keeps on moo-vin'!"

I expected a little more out of Eastern Colorado honestly. Still better than what Idaho brought to the table though. The best part is, SCS can fix things around the map if they really wanted to. Will they is the question. Games are like Nintendo cartridges when you are stuck with with what you bought. Games are dlc upgradeable.

CO-71, yes it too has potential. I think its in Limon correct? Its the best North to South road that can add density. I'd like to see it run from NE-71 Scottsbluff, NE on US-26 to US-50 in La Junta, Co for sure if possible.

Return to “General discussion about the game”