plykkegaard

Re: Colorado Discussion Thread

#1491 Post by plykkegaard » 25 Sep 2020 12:25

Eg the dirt road to logging site at Deepgrove, Bellingham
Sorry, out of office

flight50

#1492 Post by flight50 » 25 Sep 2020 14:46

I have to agree that for the most part, the dirt roads are okay. There are two types of dirt roads in the game and unfortunately, the bumpy one is overriding the smoother one from opinions on here. We have the bumpy logging and farming roads and we have the dirt roads that go to oil depots and mining depots that are a bit smoother. So not all roads are bumpy. Regardless, going 15mph + is not ideal so yes the affects can vary.

Viper28

#1493 Post by Viper28 » 25 Sep 2020 20:53

@plykkegaard that dirt road is weaksauce IMO. a few are better. overall the contours in the game could use a lot of help. roads are far too smooth, highways are like butter. no bouncing in yer seat as you go over an overpass. c'mon.

flight50

#1494 Post by flight50 » 25 Sep 2020 22:43

@plykkegaard I like that road. I wonder why SCS didn't connect it up. Thankfully a mod does it. Seems like the mapper went thru a lot to design it but it didn't make the cut. I assume Simon did all of Bellingham including that part too. I wish SCS allow non blocked access to all of it. Connecting a route via I-5 would have been nice. At the least allow it to be a hidden road. Its pretty much a complete road.

plykkegaard

#1495 Post by plykkegaard » 25 Sep 2020 22:46

Connect it up? It is the official route up to to Deepgrove logging site
This is nothing else but vanilla ATS game play
Sorry, out of office

flight50

#1496 Post by flight50 » 25 Sep 2020 23:20

Oh, lol. My bad. I thought that was the Northbound side of that prefab. The hidden road area beyond like what this mod does once you get to the Bellingham logging camp. The red in the link is what I thought the video was. You can dev cam over the barrier at the logging camp in vanilla mode and you can get all the way to I-5. The mod opens it all up. The modder did a massive overhaul and expanded it though.

The map was zoomed in so close that I couldn't tell where that video was. Now if we can get some long dirt roads in Colorado for mining, farming and oil/gas exploration, that would be cool. At this point, as more oil comes to ATS, what about the gas side of things. There will eventually need to be natural gas production. New facilities, trailers and cargo. That would blow up the tanker trailer options. That paves the way for biochemical and other byproducts dealing with gases. There are some cool trailers and nice hazardous cargo that can come about. This even ties into nuclear waste transport. Gas/oil and coal are part of the energy industry. ETS2 announced solar. It already has wind turbine. ATS is now getting wind turbine and I have to like ATS's chances of also getting solar. Between energy and chemicals, ATS can open up several more depots/companies.

MT269

#1497 Post by MT269 » 26 Sep 2020 03:07

@flight50

This is exactly why I try to drive on the edge of the road at normal speed.

@plykkegaard You seem to understand my point to a degree. If one was to drive along this road for even 20 minutes, it would be boring as. There are no variations whatsoever.

If one was clever enough, one could even adjust the truck to adapt to the consistent roughness, so as to endure less wear. In real life, dirt roads are unpredictable. But it's the opposite in ATS.

harishw8r

#1498 Post by harishw8r » 26 Sep 2020 03:22

flight50 wrote:
25 Sep 2020 22:43
I wish SCS allow non blocked access to all of it. Connecting a route via I-5 would have been nice. At the least allow it to be a hidden road. Its pretty much a complete road.
It is a hidden road now, like the Spiral Highway. The barriers are removed since 1.38
:idea: Paint everything black!
My screenshots thread: ETS2 | ATS

flight50

#1499 Post by flight50 » 26 Sep 2020 03:59

@harishw8r Ohhhhh really. Sweet. Thank you for that heads up. I figured they'd do it a long time ago. Better late than never I guess. I just never heard anyone mention it until now. That's great. I haven't been up that way in at least a year though. I have been avoiding it until ProMods comes.

I am sure Colorado will have some. The devs always slip hidden roads in the game. Honestly I never look for them. I am usually hauling heavy haul or some form of an articulated trailer so I am less inclined to take chances on hidden road when I think I found one. I don't bob tail very often at all. If SCS doesn't map it, I don't see it unfortunately.

Shiva

#1500 Post by Shiva » 27 Sep 2020 11:11

Maybe more variety for the dirt roads?
Some places smoother, others bumpier?
The hidden road to Deepgrove, Bellingham, that 1 is not a high speed dirt road :) while the official sort of feels like a high speed rally road :D
Both nice tho!
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”