Colorado Discussion Thread

plykkegaard

Re: Colorado Discussion Thread

#1501 Post by plykkegaard » 27 Sep 2020 11:42

Shiva wrote:
27 Sep 2020 11:11
The hidden road to Deepgrove, Bellingham, that 1 is not a high speed dirt road :) while the official sort of feels like a high speed rally road :D
Funny thing though the Anthem gets heavy damage on the designated road not when taking the hidden road
Sorry, out of office

flight50

#1502 Post by flight50 » 27 Sep 2020 14:05

I just dev cam-ed that road earlier this morning. I see the path all the way there. It uses lots of back streets that are fully mapped out. SCS should have extended Bellingham that direction and made a depot closer to the hidden path so that more people can find it. It's definitely open though. Good luck trying to take an articulated trailer there though, lol.

Well I woke up with a pleasant thought this morning. The past month has been nice. We have gotten map expansion blogs for each game consistently. Its this time of year when it gets like that. Its a great sign when the devs consistently fed us with a blog for the map. I really think SCS is back on track for both Colorado and Iberia. My thought this morning? I think one of the next 2 blogs will be Denver or Landscaping. If the guess for Colorado is Nov that means ob, and Steam achievements for Colorado and a few more blogs still kicks in after the main city blog comes. So if Denver is coming soon, we'd have a good 1-1.5 solid months before Colorado releases. OB could last 3-6 weeks and blogs will still pour in. I think there will be more history type blogs to. There could be another round of an industry blog or trailer blog that is coming with Colorado like livestock and wind turbine transport in more detail on how we will get the job done.

harishw8r

#1503 Post by harishw8r » 27 Sep 2020 16:31

Landscapes sound good, that might also serve as a nice teaser for graphics improvements in 1.39, if there are any. However, I don't see Denver being the second blog post, unless we get a gameplay video first. I-70 and US-550 would be some of the unique selling points for Colorado dlc, I'm speculating a gameplay showing these landscapes. That being said, I expect the following sequence:

1. Landscapes/Gameplay (in this order of preference)
2. Gameplay/Landscapes/Denver
3. Another feature/Denver
4. Denver/Another feature (can be even skipped if Denver is #3)
5. Release date announcement with a gameplay
6. Another feature
7. Colorado released!
:idea: Paint everything black!
My screenshots thread: ETS2 | ATS

flight50

#1504 Post by flight50 » 27 Sep 2020 17:24

A teaser game play video would be nice actually. I forgot about those possibilities. It can easily come after a Denver blog though. We have to remember that blogs are screenshots were as video is live gameplay. Its easier to hide flaws. So there is more that can be revealed in an unpolished video. SCS only gives us game play videos for fairly polished areas on a new map. I haven't fully committed to watching all the videos once the embargo is lifted though. I really want to see Colorado but I somewhat want to explore it myself.

I have a feeling that Colorado will be Washington like in density. Colorado is fairly spread out but the roads are all over the place. The road map coverage for Colorado should not leave any huge holes imho. Washington was missing the entire SE corner. Utah is missing a huge portion in the South. Oregon was missing NV-140/OR-140 day one and was somewhat empty if US-97 and US-395 wasn't there. Idaho is what it is. It actually has a pretty good road network as its limited irl. NM has a few holes too. I sure hope Colorado doesn't have gaps like the others. If it does, it might be the East. If we can get US-385 from US-160 to I-76, we good. Every major East to West road in Eastern Colorado connects to US-385. I'm afraid we might not get I-76 to go so far though. If we get Julesburg or Sedqwick as scenic towns at least, we have a great chance to get US-385 from North to South and that serious means we can have a fairly dense East. With all the farming and flatter lands, we should get a lot of plains to drive on. US-385 is loaded with farming. I am getting pretty excited about farming, livestock and trucking in general on the Great Plains.

angrybirdseller

#1505 Post by angrybirdseller » 27 Sep 2020 18:41

Julesburg and Sterling now you want Wyoming and Nebraska lol. Its part of Colorado that is actually pretty deep into the great plains and semi-arid regions start to slowly green up and grass gets taller.

flight50

#1506 Post by flight50 » 27 Sep 2020 19:36

Wyoming will come next summer more than likely. Nebraska will come much later. My guess 2024-ish. Sterling was sighted in one of the last blogs. So that's pretty deep on I-76 alone. That's why it makes sense to me to go to US-385 from Sterling. At 1:20 scale, US-385 to I-76 to access Cheyenne/Greeley/Ft. Collins, is not very far at all. Until Nebraska comes to get us from I-76 to Cheyenne via I-80, we'll be okay going with the alternate route.

MrDrCold

#1507 Post by MrDrCold » 27 Sep 2020 21:51

Gaps in Colorado may be in the West since US-40, I-70 and US-50 are the main truck routes going east to west though the Rockies and US-24 / US-285, and US-550 for north to south, I think were getting CO-139 / CO-64. and hopefully we get CO-14 between US-40 and Ft Collins (I-25), east of I-25 is full of truck friendly roads.

flight50

#1508 Post by flight50 » 27 Sep 2020 22:12

The West is already sparse due to mountains irl. Add in 1:20 scale in ATS and its thinner for SCS. I agree that we get US-40, I-70, US-50 and we also get US-160. CO-14 should also be a East to West route as well. That or US-34. North and South, we get US-550, I-25, US-491, CO-139 and hopefully US-285 and US-385. The West is already limited compared to the East so the holes there will be real life holes. Add in the mountain models and it could get tighter. This is why the East imo could have more holes. Its flatter and the East is much much denser than the West. So compared to the West, the East should be dense but I doubt SCS makes the East as dense as it can be.

Shiva

#1509 Post by Shiva » 28 Sep 2020 08:03

@plykkegaard Maybe higher speed on the mapped route? :)

Julesburg? Or atleast the Colorado Welcome Center, County Road 28, Julesburg, Colorado, USA, would be nice.
The thing that worries me for that town, is that it is between I-80 and I-76. Thinking of the space that is available.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

plykkegaard

#1510 Post by plykkegaard » 28 Sep 2020 08:10

Shiva wrote:
28 Sep 2020 08:03
Maybe higher speed on the mapped route? :)
The official route has hairpins and forces you to take it a bit slow
Sorry, out of office

Return to “General discussion about the game”