Colorado Discussion Thread

howey

Re: Colorado Discussion Thread

#551 Post by howey » 20 May 2020 00:50

Sideloaders? Only sideloaders I'm familiar with are the container ones. Besides wouldn't see the point of having something like that trailer would be better off having rigid do it.

flight50

#552 Post by flight50 » 20 May 2020 03:52

@howey. Curtain siders and Sideloaders are two different trailers. I used the term sideloader as it perhaps only pertains to a company I use to work at. So the terminology may not be wide spread enough to use it in the way I did. I use to work at Coca Cola back in the day as I was putting myself thru school. We had bulk and we had what we called sideload. Sideload just refers to loading side rollup trailers. Each truck required the use of a forklift to load. I am all for side rolled door trailers, but not for us to drive. I think it would be great to get the AI hauling them. It fits them much better as its just noise in the environment. Make them part of brewery/beverage prefabs and city streets. Sideload don't travel far. They are not open road trailers. I always wished for AI interaction in prefabs. Have them leave prefabs, drive around in them. So with Colorado, sure bring on this brewery off I-25. At the same time, it would be great to have the 3 beverage companies. Every state has all three. Coca Cola, Pepsi and Dr. Pepper. Same with the Breweries. Bring in the top 3 there; Anheuser-Busch, MillerCoors and Pabst Brewing Company. That is 6 companies there in which all can get some cargoes shared between them. Cargoes that I will name off shortly.

I see several people make pitches for the brewery in Colorado. I suppose it wouldn't hurt as long as we have several around the country. I know here in Ft. Worth, Tx there is a MillerCoors. I use to live about 5-8 miles from it. With farming bringing in more cargo; barely, wheat, rye hops, yeast....those ingredients can go from farms to processing plants for many different things. Breweries is one place loads from farms can go. We have vineyards in the game so that goes in line with breweries. There are lots of other cargoes besides that can go with breweries and beverage companies. There are aluminmum cans, glass bottles, packaging from the paper industries, palettes of course, corn syrups, gases like CO2 then you have things like new equipment that can go to breweries and beverage places. Replacements such as hvac, fork lifts, palette jacks and battery charging stations. I am sure I could come up with a few more cargoes if I put more thought into it, but just those, I named off the top of my head in about 50 seconds.

Shiva

#553 Post by Shiva » 20 May 2020 04:11

flight50, not sure what you mean. Do you mean something like this?
Europe does have those. Well, atleast here in Sweden.

Sidelifter would be somewhat nice :)
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

flight50

#554 Post by flight50 » 20 May 2020 04:35

@Shiva. The link you posted is a Curtain Sider. They exist here in the US as well. They use to be in ATS but they were removed when SCS started redoing trailers and never brought them back. At one point they thought Sliding tarps were North America's version of the Curtain Siders. But that's not the case as NA has both sliding tarps (Conestoga Trailers) and Curtain Siders. The one @KnuteOle posted is what I was referring to as side loader. The terms aren't interchangeable. But the technical name for the trailer I called side loader is actually just a beverage trailer. Most images in this link are North American style Curtain Siders. Just look at the pics with the double wheel axles to see the North American version of Curtain Siders. They come in flatbed and dropdeck versions. We use to have somewhat of a dropdeck version in ATS like this. They had banners on them for the company name. Its not correct for North America which is perhaps why they removed them. Hopefully someday the correct version will come.

howey

#555 Post by howey » 20 May 2020 11:27

@flight50 your explaining to the wrong person about the difference between a curtainsider and sideloader :lol:. I have hauled both IRL ( in fact the trailer's in my profile pic is a B-Double curtainsider) and currently haul a sideloader from time to time. The sidelifter that Shiva linked is the definition of the sideloader I was familiar with. But the curtainsider that he linked compared to what you linked are different forms of curtainsiders imo. The curtainsider Shiva linked is one with foldable walls as the one you linked is a sliding curtain which is the most common type of curtainsider afaik.

The link that you posted about it being a beverage trailer is what I thought the photo on the previous page is. Just when you said about it being a sideloader made me think differently.

flight50

#556 Post by flight50 » 20 May 2020 14:19

@howey you put a question mark as if you weren't sure in post #551. So that's why I was explaining. The photo on the previous page is indeed a beverage trailer. I don't think Shiva saw that or understood it. That's why I thought I needed to elaborate a little more in regards to that trailer type. In regards to the Curtain sider (the sliding curtain) you are referring to as the most common, yes that is the version we have here in the US. If we have folding walls, that is very uncommon as I don't think I have ever seen one here. I'm not saying they don't exist though as I don't travel the country to know all scenarios.

For Colorado, if we do happen to get the brewery as requested, I'd love to see the beverage trailer come to the AI at least. Considering we do not have 4x2's in the game, just use the 6x2/6x4 day cabs for all the trucks available. Better yet do them for the common trucks that haul them. Do the daycab T680, 579 and VNL. I haven't seen an Anthem in fleets yet but it could fit the bill. A W900 could work but I have never seen a 389 or a Lonestar pull beverage trailers. Don't stop at breweries for Colorado though. Might as well start doing beverage companies and add them to the AI traffic. Just use the same model beverage trailer but with a new company skin. That methodology would work for the entire US when more beverage and breweries come onboard. Every state should have a least one of the beverage companies but breweries can be spread out a bit more.

Bedavd

#557 Post by Bedavd » 20 May 2020 14:48

flight50 wrote:
20 May 2020 03:52
I always wished for AI interaction in prefabs. Have them leave prefabs, drive around in them.
That reminds me! I wanted to mention this to you last week but it completely slipped my mind. In the “Iberia: Car Industry” blog, it looks like an AI truck is driving into the prefab In the very first photo. It’s at least driving past the opening gates, which I believe is new. Not ATS, but if it is what I think it is, they might be experimenting with this.
Check out my Michigan research map!

Check out my ATS IRL map!
*IDAHO ADDED, LA, and San Diego are unmapped out of protest for their future rework*

KnuteOle

#558 Post by KnuteOle » 20 May 2020 15:09

Dang. I just liked the beer truck. I didn't expect it to launch a trailer debate, lol. :D
Visit my World of Trucks profile and say hi!
https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4918521

flight50

#559 Post by flight50 » 20 May 2020 16:50

@KnuteOle. Welcome to the SCS forums, lol. Anything you say can and will be held against you in the court of the forum, lol. But talking about anything and everything is how we keep these threads alive. We entertain ourselves. In the process, that is how lots of good ideas kick in.

Shiva

#560 Post by Shiva » 20 May 2020 17:51

@flight50 Sideloader, do you mean these trailers with compartments? For Beers?

The link from googleusercontent you linked, that is not accessible for me here in Sweden.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”