Colorado Discussion Thread

Xaagon

Re: Colorado Discussion Thread

#91 Post by Xaagon » 08 Mar 2020 20:00

I would be in favor of that. Maybe have a virtual instructor coach you through pop-up windows or something? I may not use that much now, but new players to the game may find this quite valuable. I suggest there also be the option of having non-player owned trucks/trailers so if you like the idea of building a career from scratch you could still get the training without having to own your own equipment.

I didn't know there was such a facility between Pueblo and the Springs. Is this somewhere around the old PPIR track?

flight50

#92 Post by flight50 » 08 Mar 2020 23:56

I'd never turn down a feature that could be useful for someone. I don't have to like it. If I don't like it, no need to complain about it, just don't use it. Now if SCS developed a license system I'd be gun hoe about it for sure. Pass certain test and you can not only haul certain things (haz mat), but different trailer combinations. Not everyone can haul doubles, triples, RMD, TPD or articulated trailers. People that don't understand how NA trailers must be guided to make the turns would benefit the most.

Anywho, for you native Colorado guys, I am happy you guys are up next. I had the feeling you'd come before Texas. Boxes up the map much much better. I am reallllllllly looking forward to this dlc. Much more than my home state. Texas is big and even I have barely seen most of it, but it's no Colorado. If the Utah team are the ones doing Colorado, it will look great. I think they did a spectacular job on Utah. despite some of the negative or disappointing minds. I finally seen all of Utah and it makes me smile even more from seeing all the side roads off the main roads that I finally got deliveries to. The landscaping is high quality stuff. Once blogs, streams or video start popping out for Colorado, I think it will get more hype than Washington and easily take over for the best dlc spot.

room217au

#93 Post by room217au » 09 Mar 2020 00:01

Please include the Stanley Hotel, as a tribute to Stephen King :D
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts.. do.

Xaagon

#94 Post by Xaagon » 09 Mar 2020 01:37

Stanley Hotel is a real place. It's in Estes Park.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.3831048 ... 7664,16.7z

Sametbey2

#95 Post by Sametbey2 » 09 Mar 2020 19:12

The Eisenhower Tunnel will be great, it will also have a good length in the game. Are there other long tunnels like this in the USA?

rbsanford

#96 Post by rbsanford » 09 Mar 2020 20:07

Also in Colorado is the Moffat Tunnel, which carries the UPRR under the Front Range. This is of course a rail tunnel, but US 40 passes over the western terminus in Winter Park. Fun fact: the Moffat Tunnel contains the highest point of the US freight rail network (there are higher railroads, but they're narrow-gauge excursion lines).

As for highway tunnels, there aren't many more of notable length in the West. In the East, however, I-77 has a couple under the Blue Ridges, and there are some good, long tunnels near Norfolk, VA, under Chesapeake Bay and the mouth of the James. I-70 also has another good tunnel near Shanksville, PA.

supersobes
Global moderator

#97 Post by supersobes » 09 Mar 2020 20:33

Sametbey2 wrote:
09 Mar 2020 19:12
Are there other long tunnels like this in the USA?
The Pennsylvania Turnpike has many tunnels such as the Allegheny Tunnel and the Kittatinny Mountain & Blue Mountain Tunnels. There are also the two tunnels on US-13 under the Chesapeake Bay. There are also smaller tunnels to get in and out of some large metropolitan areas such as the Lincoln Tunnel in New York and the Fort Pitt Tunnel in Pittsburgh. There's also tunnels under the Baltimore Harbor.
Scania trucks are the best, but the Peterbilts are good too.
Road signs are just as important as the road itself.

World of Trucks Profile | ATS Screenshots | ETS2 Screenshots | Forum Rules

Sametbey2

#98 Post by Sametbey2 » 09 Mar 2020 20:51

Thanks guys.

Larry71490

#99 Post by Larry71490 » 10 Mar 2020 02:49

I don't believe 18 wheelers are allowed in the Lincoln Tunnel. @supersobes you forgot Squirrel Hill in Pittsburgh as well. The tunnel under Baltimore harbor is called Fort McHenry tunnel.

bigfoot31415926

#100 Post by bigfoot31415926 » 10 Mar 2020 14:18

I have an uncle who was in the Navy for 28 years. So, I've been to Norfolk and been through the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnels on I-64. I can't swim, so I get anxious around big bodies of water like that and going through a tunnel under water was no picnic but I managed because it was only a mile or 2. I would probably totally freak out on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnels because they are like 15 miles long :o
East bound and down, loaded up and truckin',
We're gonna do what they say can't be done.
We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there.
I'm east bound, just watch ol' "Bandit" run.

Return to “General discussion about the game”