Mack Trucks Discussion Thread

vfrpilot

Re: Mack Trucks Discussion Thread

#841 Post by vfrpilot » 29 Apr 2020 00:38

Big applause for the SCS team and this new Mack, was certainly worth the wait. The details are pretty amazing especially when things like the clock on the microwave in the sleeper displays the correct time, awesome job Team SCS :D :D
supersobes
Global moderator

#842 Post by supersobes » 29 Apr 2020 00:39

jamesbfield77 wrote: 29 Apr 2020 00:07 So the MACK ANTHEM made it's debut appearance today in the latest update courtesy of SCS but however not a single showroom in sight! Does anybody have any idea how this can be?
The Mack dealers are in Pendleton, Oregon; Yakima, Washington; and Sacramento, California.
CaboverPete

#843 Post by CaboverPete » 29 Apr 2020 00:45

The Anthem looks amazing! Can't wait to use Kreichbaum/Robinicus/Zeemod engines and sounds.
Marcello Julio

#844 Post by Marcello Julio » 29 Apr 2020 00:59

I observe that at the Mack dealer there is no pictures of Anthem scattered like in the other dealers of other manufacturers. I saw that there is space for them, but they didn't put.
F4R35

#845 Post by F4R35 » 29 Apr 2020 00:59

Virgo91 wrote: 28 Apr 2020 23:23 What i like about the Anthem,and it's unrealistic : the fact that i can choose the hood ornament.Why i say unrealistic : because the ornament is tied to a certain drivetrain,with the real truck.
The reason (in my opinion) they did this is to avoid complains from people who want the gold ornament, but they have no idea that it's tied to the drivetrain ( Mack in-house engine transmission and rear axels for the gold ornament).

Same thing in ETS2 with Range T and the black badge , and I think this way is better,bcz even in real life, you can install an aftermarket golden ornament .
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"
flight50

#846 Post by flight50 » 29 Apr 2020 01:07

Talk about a thread blowing up today, lmao. The pages more than doubled. Impressive guys. This truck lit a fire on the forum today, lol. I think the next truck will get even more hype and break the site even more. Whether it is the 5700XE or the Cascadia. I don't plan on driving the Anthem until Friday perhaps. But I did go in to see all the options and this truck is top notch. Seeing it in the game for myself is sweet. I can see a lotttt of pics coming. I think the people that think its hideous is perhaps the headlights but that is its biggest identity. The truck looks great to me though. Now when we see one on the roads here in North America, try looking at it without smiling. I bet you can't do it, lol.

For those wanting navigation systems in the day cab. If it doesn't have it.....it just doesn't have it. Day one, you might be without it but I am sure a mod will get you guys one. Eventually, SCS will make that accessories/tuning pack and you might have it officially without mods then. But that's a if.

Anywho, Does this count as getting a cb in? People have been asking for it. Perhaps its bluetooth, lol.

[ external image ]
cwat89

#847 Post by cwat89 » 29 Apr 2020 01:08

So I drove up to Pendleton from Burns in to buy an Anthem. I bought a day cab in the green metallic color with the 415hp MP8 with the mDrive. I picked up a fuel tanker in Ely and took it to Salina. After I completed the delivery I sold the Anthem and hopped back in my W900.

I’ve never been a big fan of these trucks as they’ve just never appealed to me IRL. I always have and always will be drawn to the classics, the Pete’s and Kenworths, one outlier being the LoneStar... not sure why I fell in love with that truck so much because I used to not care for them but I did. I had high hopes that I might too come around to like the Mack. The photos SCS put up is what made me want a green day cab. But after buying it and driving it, it’s just not for me. What I didn’t care for is the lack of a navigation option in the day cabs. I understand if you don’t want to model it in the dash because it’s probably not that way IRL. However they should’ve given an official SCS option to put a GPS in the windshield. The route advisor ruins the immersion for me. I also really dislike how they put the mDrive buttons on the dash no matter what transmission you pick. I do not understand why the controls can not be modeled to the options of the truck. This goes for all SCS trucks. I feel like the extra gauges were almost an afterthought because of how poorly they’re rendered compared to the rest of the interior quality. As far as design of the interior I can’t stand it. It’s NO fault of SCS whatsoever that’s just how the truck is. The exterior options are great and I think it’s very well designed with lots of options. Even the engine sound is not too bad.

I think SCS made another great truck and put in a lot of hard work and I’m happy for all the ones that wanted it and are enjoying it. I do hope they will look into the two issues I mentioned not for my sake but others who have mentioned the GPS issue.

This one just isn’t for me but I do look forward to seeing it in AI traffic. ;-) ... enough of my rambling now lol
Winchester1979

#848 Post by Winchester1979 » 29 Apr 2020 02:05

Virgo91 wrote: 28 Apr 2020 23:23 What i like about the Anthem,and it's unrealistic : the fact that i can choose the hood ornament.Why i say unrealistic : because the ornament is tied to a certain drivetrain,with the real truck.
The game lacks the ability to validate whether the drive train qualifies for a "pedigree'd" bulldog. A way around it, given that the truck only comes with Mack engines in the game, would be to make the bulldog a "gearbox badge" the way some trucks have engine badges (most notably European trucks, but the functionality is available in ATS too and some mods use it), but then the validation would break when someone adds modded engines from a different brand. Like, for example, the Cummins natural gas engine that's an option on the Anthem.

Aside from the mirror placement (which I'll either find a workaround for using the camera position adjustments, or get used to), and the engine sounds (which will be fixed either by SCS or by one of the modders in due course), my chief complaint right now is that I can't get an "all plastic" grill like on the Black Anthem, the MACK logo is always chrome. Even the IJ's mod stuff doesn't fix that, it just adds a bunch of paint options that don't work with skins. :/

You can probably haul pretty heavy with this truck as supplied by SCS, but the diff options supplied aren't optimal. The real Mack Anthem can be gotten with diff ratios at least as high as 4.73 - at which point even 505 hp is enough to move pretty much anything. Especially with the mDrive HD transmission.

On the other side, the "general cargo" gearbox config is also mated to a suboptimal differential - apparently, a lot of carriers have opted for diff ratios of 2.47 or so, and at least one is apparently experimenting with diffs all the way down to 2.26, according to an article I was reading, in order to maximize fuel economy for regular cargo. I expect Galimim will have a Mack Drivetrain Rework mod out some time soon, fixing that issue at least in single-player.
flight50

#849 Post by flight50 » 29 Apr 2020 02:08

The Anthem is not for me either. Therefore I won't buy it for myself. You could always just test drive them in Quick Jobs instead of wasting time buying it. Thats how I will get my test drives in. I will see if I an complete a job with it. I couldn't with the Lonestar. I definitely can't wait to see it in traffic though. I am sure someone will mod it in before SCS gets it in so I will use that. Even the SCS AI model will be better quality than what we currently have in JazzyCats AI truck pack. So once SCS puts it in traffic, I look forward in JazzyCat dropping it in his mod. It served its purpose well. But it's time is coming to an end.
truckerjayke

#850 Post by truckerjayke » 29 Apr 2020 02:12

The engine sounds are a tremendous disappointment considering the hype that was made about their recording and development. The FMOD sound engine is awesome, but the Anthem sounds like a sewing machine. The engine brake is especially hilarious. The model is stunning, as is the amount of tuning options. The only thing sorely missing is a bug deflector for the hood.... Keep up the good work SCS. As soon as some decent sounds come out for the K100E, that's where I'm heading back to.

EDIT: For my curiosity, I went back and tried all the the default trucks to see what the new sounds were like (I updated to 1.37 late). Even the W900 was gutted after the introduction of FMOD. Perhaps I was spoiled with my N14.
Last edited by truckerjayke on 29 Apr 2020 02:20, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”