Mack Trucks Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Mack Trucks Discussion Thread

#1121 Post by flight50 » 14 Jun 2020 17:10

Is anyone aware of a mod putting the Anyhem in traffic yet. If the Anthem follows the Lonestar, we could get the Anthem in traffic with the next update. My fingers are crossed. I won't bother driving the Anthem til its in traffic. For me, it doesn't exist.
Freeze338

#1122 Post by Freeze338 » 09 Jul 2020 10:18

I was away from my home for months. I came back finally and played ATS about a month and drive Mack a lot in that time. SCS made outstanding job about Mack. There are great details on the model just like Lonestar and I think it's about the new CAD thing.

But there is more things.

Firstly it's a first truck in ATS that comes with 3 different steering wheel. Not only that it's the first time that they released a non smart steering wheel as the option. I want that option for other trucks so long and they made one for Anthem. I wish they make for W900 as well.

Secondly it's the first time that SCS made different interior depending on the cab. That is just amazing, and also realistic. I think it's the truck that has most different type of interior in both SCS games. 6 different interior : standard grey, standart tan, premium grey, premium tan, premium exclusive and ultra.

Thirdly the aero kits. God ... I have waited so long to have aero kits for all types of cabs. The thing that I really hate about Peterbilt 579 is, there are 3 type of cabs exist but in reality it's not. 3rd cab is a same cab with an aero pack of second cab, just like W900. Kenworth T680 and Volvo VNL has that option but only for day cabs. Kenworth T680 could have aero packs for medium sleeper as well but unfortunately we don't. SCS finally made it with Anthem and I'm so happy.

But there are a couple of things is missing which disappoint me a lot.

Firstly, split windshield. There is an option that Mack can have split windshields and before the release I was expecting to have that. In my mind I customised my Mack before release and it has split windshield.

Secondly, no bull bars. I not a fan of it but I saw Mack with bull bars. I share a picture which shows both and I'm just sad about it.

Thirdly, it's about the A.I. model which comes with 1.38. I'm glad that we get A.I. models so soon but I would like to see A.I. Anthem with chrome parts. Unlike other trucks chrome parts are pretty common between Anthems.

But overall it's an amazing model that shows older models must have revamp (Lonestar and VNL could be an exception.). Because comparing them and Anthem just shows the difference about quality between those models. There are missing parts but I'm expecting to see missing parts with Mack customisation pack later.
Attachments
images (67).jpeg
images (68).jpeg
lamar326g

#1123 Post by lamar326g » 27 Jul 2020 18:06

Hey there @Vojta and @Nemiro. When will SCS add the Mack Anthem to the American Truck Simulator website? I noticed that the state of Idaho has been highlighted on the Environment page.
flight50

#1124 Post by flight50 » 27 Jul 2020 22:08

I noted the same question a few weeks ago. I don't know who all looks at it but it should be a stead routine to make sure all media sources are up to date. You never know when potential new people are looking.

edit - July 28, 2020
@lamar326g Ask and you shall receive, lol. The Anthem is now on the website.

[ external image ]
Corvinus

#1125 Post by Corvinus » 29 Aug 2020 18:32

Puzzled by the stainless steel bumper in the game vs real life. Only the mack trucks site builder and SCS seems to get it nice and aligned. Why can't I find any google images of them? Is that really the result if you purchase a new Anthem IRL?

https://imgur.com/a/GI7UzaZ
flight50

#1126 Post by flight50 » 30 Aug 2020 00:55

The ATS version looks much better anyways. Let it be, lol.
supersobes
Global moderator

#1127 Post by supersobes » 30 Aug 2020 15:13

The bumper on the Volvo VNL is another one that comes to mind. I have yet to see a Volvo VNL in real-life where the bumper is perfectly straight and where the space gaps are the same on both sides. In ATS though, it's all perfectly aligned. Part of the reason why truck bumpers are like that though probably has something to do with how much they flex and move. The part of the bumper that you see is just a cover; the real bumper is behind that. If you drive beside a semi truck on the highway, you can notice that the bumper is constantly shaking and flexing under the force of the wind and as the truck drives over imperfections in the road. The previous generation of the Freightliner Cascadia had a lot of movement in the bumper. I've seen some that have moved so much that there is almost a one inch gap between the corner of the bumper and the bottom of the hood. Since the SCS bumpers a stiff and fixed into position, you won't get any of that in ATS.
Corvinus

#1128 Post by Corvinus » 31 Aug 2020 08:27

One of my initial thoughts was that they are perhaps just reusing a prostar bumper. They look pretty similar and maybe they just thought "close enough".

Makes no sense that flexing is the cause of not aligning the arches/wheel well. That would be more relevant to the gap above it, which is not the focus. The painted bumpers are perfectly aligned. Strongly thinking reuse between models here.
flight50

#1129 Post by flight50 » 31 Aug 2020 12:55

Yeah I have to agree. I don't see flexing the reason for not matching fiberglass bumpers when all they do is flex. Chrome is expensive vs painted. If anything, that small bit would be a cheaper mold and cost of materials. Of course I am just guessing myself as I am not part of the industry to know for sure.
Corvinus

#1130 Post by Corvinus » 06 Sep 2020 14:19

Quick question. I wanted to get a new Anthem today and after having built several of them in different ways (from fleet spec, brand new, via online as well as travel to store) I noticed it always has 13 miles driven already. Is this normal or do I have a bug. I have never used any mods and not using any now. Other trucks I notice have 0 miles driven when new.

Return to “General discussion about the game”