Mack Trucks Discussion Thread

Some newbie driver

Re: Mack Trucks Discussion Thread

#21 Post by Some newbie driver » 14 Dec 2019 10:19

They said at the end of 2018 that they want and hope to bring 2 new trucks to the game this year.
They can add the trucks themselves whenever they want with the DLC feature, but in that way they can't do the necessary changes on the base map for the dealers.
So they added now a dealer on the files for trucks there are not still on the game.
Why? Maybe because they expected Mack to be released this year, they are having a few delays but they expect them not to be so long.

So, if SCS didn't add now those dealers files, for sure they will have to delay the hypothetically Mack release until 1.37, potentially 3 or 4 months later.
Doing what they did it's possible, just possible, to have a new truck in, let's say, 1 month, in case it would be the Mack.

Why not to tease anything so far? Well, they said several times that when the problem is due negotiations with the brands, teasers could cause a backlash on those negotiations (depending on their status, which company is involved, their behavior...)

Who really knows? But it makes sense.

John29

#22 Post by John29 » 14 Dec 2019 10:28

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6BTuIcBGDI ... 5cv3w8gnbh

Maybe a teaser for mack truck. Or not.

Dirk221

#23 Post by Dirk221 » 14 Dec 2019 10:41

I think it is 🤔 Hopefully because I love the Mack trucks 🙆🏻‍♂️

Some newbie driver

#24 Post by Some newbie driver » 14 Dec 2019 11:05

Wasn't that image referred to TruckerDog? the nickname of an SCS employee.

Madkine
Global moderator

#25 Post by Madkine » 14 Dec 2019 11:14

Yes that's Truckerdog.

supersobes
Global moderator

#26 Post by supersobes » 14 Dec 2019 15:13

TruckerDog's fursuit is definitely NOT a teaser for any new ATS content.

Marcello Julio

#27 Post by Marcello Julio » 14 Dec 2019 15:29

This is definitely not a teaser. TruckerDog put on this costume several times. Who follows him on twitter knows why he wears this costume.

John29

#28 Post by John29 » 14 Dec 2019 15:43

Ah ok i didn’t know about him haha.

But it would have been a good teaser for the Mack lol.

flight50

#29 Post by flight50 » 14 Dec 2019 15:52

@Marcello Julio. I expect Daimler to be the last to the group. Just a hunch. No proof to it. It just based on the past issue with Daimler. There was no Frieghtliner nor WS game files added. We got Mack and International. Yes the new Cascadia was teased along with the Lonestar, but that doesn't mean the Cascadia didn't get a hangup. In regards to the old Cascadia, that is in a worst condition than the VNL before we got it. The VNL has been kept updated since 2016. There is a Steam trail for updates on it. The old Cascadia did not get that treatment of updates over the years. There is a lot more work to get it out if they didn't scrap it. When he said all brands are accounted for, he meant they are all in some form of production. I doubt they are all ready for approval because each are at different stages. Pavel stated that as well. Fast forward form that Jan stream and yeah more work is put in. We just don't know which trucks are close. Final approval would come once the truck is ready for a release, not while still modeling it. At the tail end is when the manufacturer says ya or na. SCS then has to polish it up based on what they are told in order to get approval for release.

@howey. For the most part, I agree with you. Those of us that are regulars here and truly follow SCS, we understand things happen and can get delayed. Some of us get caught in our feelings (me included sometimes). But I agree that hope and will can get twisted. If Pavel said hopes to get out two trucks, in many minds, that translates to will get out two trucks this year. So yeah, your probably right on the backlash thing. It's coming. But mature people understand the meaning of "hope". Do I want 2, heck yeah. Will I get butt sore or hung up about it, nope. I know what SCS has in the works. Just knowing is satisfying. Patience is the worst thing to get out of wack with ATS because it lacks so much compared to ETS2. Buttttt, we know SCS has hired like crazy to increase production. The current increase won't be felt until training is done.

I am still a bit optimistic about the second truck this year. That percentage is much lower now though considering the time left and with no updated teasers. I'd say 10% at this point down from a 50/50 shot. For all we know, it could be that old Cascadia with the new one arriving first next year perhaps first or second quarter. That would be epic. If we did get the old Cascadia, I'd be even more excited about it because we know about the new one but nothing has ever been said about the old one. At least not from SCS. I hope if the old one does come, that Freightliner is not forcing the issue of get the new one out first. Just do it like the VNL. I am 99% confident that the new VNL has a licence agreement just as the old one.
John29 wrote:
14 Dec 2019 10:28
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6BTuIcBGDI ... 5cv3w8gnbh

Maybe a teaser for mack truck. Or not.
Hmmm. I agree that it could be a great teaser. Still can be. Why? If people are so use to him putting on that costume, it could easily be rolled into having an alternate intent and we all never knew it was a setup. Kinda like those situations when you are primed over and over with hints as clues as to your answer or a sales pitch. A trail of clues that no one takes in consideration when the answer as been presented all long but no one gave it two thoughts? It can go both ways. I wouldn't rule it out. Truckerdog is QA/tester if I am not mistaken. Sorry if I am incorrect Truckerdog. So lets say a Mack is in test mod, I'd wear the suit as well to set it all up.

TruckerDog
SCS Software

#30 Post by TruckerDog » 14 Dec 2019 17:26

I can assure you my fursuit has nothing to do with Mack. :lol:

@flight50 Yes, I'm working in the QA department as tester. :)
I like trains. 🚂

...and trucks too. 🚛

Return to “General discussion about the game”