[FORUM GAME] Where is this? (Game instructions on page 1)

Trucker_71

[FORUM GAME] Where is this? (Game instructions on page 1)

#1 Post by Trucker_71 » 09 Jan 2020 07:46

----Edit 15 Jan 2020----

This thread is now being used for a forum game. Players are guessing locations from the American Truck Simulator world based off of screenshots provided by other players.

How to Play:
  • A user posts a screenshot from the American Truck Simulator game world.
  • Players will have unlimited opportunities to guess the location until someone guesses it correctly.
  • When guessing a location, try to be as specific as possible. Use specific names such as road names, city names, company names, and landmarks.
  • You may consult Google Maps or similar real-world mapping tools to help you. Within the first 24 hours from when a location has been posted, you may not look for it in-game. After 24 hours are up, you may begin to use in-game resources to help you. You are on the honor system; we simply want to trust you to play correctly.
  • The player who guesses the location correctly will provide the next screenshot location.
  • When picking a location, don't make it too obvious, but don't make it too difficult either. Try to have something unique in the screenshot. While you can choose a location within an official DLC, DO NOT use map scenery from map mods.
  • Map scenery from unreleased areas of the map, including unreleased DLC, should not be used.
  • As other players are guessing, the poster of the screenshot location my provide hints and feedback. Be sure that the hints are not too obvious though.
  • After 72 hours* have elapsed since the screenshot has been posted without anyone guessing the location correctly, the poster of the screenshot must reveal the answer.
  • If nobody guesses the location correctly before time is up, then anyone is free to post the next screenshot location.
  • If the user who guessed the previous answer correctly does not post a new screenshot location within 72 hours* of being confirmed as the correct answer, then anyone is free to post the next screenshot location.
*72 hours is three days.

Note: This topic will fall under the description of a "screenshots thread" for forum rule 2.10. Please use an external image hosting service rather than the forum's attachment feature to post your screenshots.

Players who abuse the game will be asked not to participate and may be subject to moderator action depending on the severity of the issue. Have fun playing!

----Original Message 09 Jan 2020----

Anyone know where this location is?

[ external image ]
rbsanford

Re: Where is this?

#2 Post by rbsanford » 09 Jan 2020 08:29

Crescent Jct, UT, where US 191 meets I-70 north of Moab.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
Trucker_71

#3 Post by Trucker_71 » 09 Jan 2020 16:35

@rbsanford Thanks, appreciate it. ;)
flight50

#4 Post by flight50 » 09 Jan 2020 18:03

@rbsanford. Did you just confirm that you know the entire map, lol. Only thing I can confirm, is that I seen it, lol.
J. Ritter

#5 Post by J. Ritter » 09 Jan 2020 18:37

It's always where I wind up sleeping when I'm out that way! :)
rbsanford

#6 Post by rbsanford » 09 Jan 2020 18:50

@flight50, yeah, I know the map pretty well. The only parts left grey are little bits of junctions. Additionally, Utah is pretty memorable, as is Uncle Joe's Stop 'n Go.

This would make for a good game on the forum. Someone posts a screenshot with a vague location (meaning no Golden Gate Bridge, Seattle skyline, or anything else that's obvious), everyone guesses where it was taken, the winner posts the next vaguely-located screenshot, and so on.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
flight50

#7 Post by flight50 » 09 Jan 2020 20:05

Lol. That sounds like fun. I'd just watch for results though. I'd fail, lol.
saur44l

#8 Post by saur44l » 09 Jan 2020 20:49

This is one of the things that I like in ATS,starting with New Mexico great deal of gas stations and rest areas have unique look.
bobgrey1997

#9 Post by bobgrey1997 » 09 Jan 2020 20:58

The random screenshot "location guess" does sound like fun!
Though I'd not be much good at it.
While I do know nearly every inch of road on the map (same as for all the major highways in the US in reality), I do not know the surrounding scenery by memory. However, if someone were to show a picture from Canyonville, OR, I'd know that one! Just about any of my routes out of western Washington going south has me stopping in Canyonville for fuel and maybe rest.
supersobes
Global moderator

#10 Post by supersobes » 09 Jan 2020 21:08

rbsanford wrote: 09 Jan 2020 18:50 This would make for a good game on the forum. Someone posts a screenshot with a vague location (meaning no Golden Gate Bridge, Seattle skyline, or anything else that's obvious), everyone guesses where it was taken, the winner posts the next vaguely-located screenshot, and so on.
This is actually a really awesome idea! :o It'd be like that Geogusser game, but ATS edition! ;)

Return to “General discussion about the game”