Shouldn't there be a garage in Bellingham?

mambanoir

Shouldn't there be a garage in Bellingham?

#1 Post by mambanoir » 12 Jan 2020 21:54

It appears a bit inconsistent not having a garage in Bellingham...

- large town in unique location on the border
- not near any other garages
- six diverse industries
- a gas station, recruitment agency and two workshops, one of them at a truck dealership

Other places which do have a garage have even less features than that.

Hope a garage could be added still, like it was done for Carson City and Redding, seems odd to exclude it from garage locations. Thoughts?

Sora

Re: Shouldn't there be a garage in Bellingham?

#2 Post by Sora » 12 Jan 2020 22:59

Carson City probably got one for being the capital of Nevada. Probably the best comparison to it would be Yuma, which got one pretty recently but didn't have one for several years.

I wouldn't complain too much about getting one, though. Would probably be nice for people who like really long drives, similar to the Roswell garage.

NWbyNW

#3 Post by NWbyNW » 13 Jan 2020 01:12

Yes. Bellingham, Everett. Both would be very nice.

flight50

#4 Post by flight50 » 13 Jan 2020 02:36

I can see Bellingham having one. It won't be too bad for those of us that plan on installing ProMods Canada when it comes. I am sure Vancouver will have one.

supersobes
Global moderator

#5 Post by supersobes » 13 Jan 2020 20:25

With Bellingham being my favourite city in Washington, I too was a bit disappointed when i bobtailed up there to buy a garage only to find that there isn't one. I'd like to see one there.

mambanoir

#6 Post by mambanoir » 14 Jan 2020 22:41

That was my feeling too when Washington came out, the location is unique and it was disappointing that it was not included in garage cities initially on release. There are no towns of note on the border until we get to Minnesota/Ontario which is years away in terms of DLC releases.
Therefore Bellingham is kind of the only option for a proper Canadian border garage until maybe 2023 or so. I don't want to wait that long :D
Last edited by supersobes on 14 Jan 2020 23:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote [Forum rule 2.4]

EllieODaire

#7 Post by EllieODaire » 15 Jan 2020 04:38

The company I drive for IRL has a yard in Bellingham to facilitate cross border freight handoffs with other companies that take our trailers into Canada to pick up furniture and flowers and bring them back across the border where we run them around the rest of the USA. There's a warehouse in Blaine where we deliver meat that gets cross-docked to Canadian trucks, then we take the empty trailers to the Bellingham yard to get cleaned and swap the empty for a trailer loaded with flowers, furniture, or other goods from BC.

Return to “General discussion about the game”